Status: New chapter coming along :)

He Calls a Mansion, Not a House, but a Tomb

Chapter 10

I was driven to Gerard's home in an ambulance. It felt strange being in an ambulance again. An empty gurney sat in the middle of the vehicle, folded down, my wheelchair, also folded, sat on top of it. Gerard and I sat next to each other in the chairs beside it.
"Soo... How is this going to work?" I asked, fiddling with the hem of my shirt. Gerard seemed confused for a second and then understood.
"Well, me and my brother have a spare bedroom in our house, so you won't be a burden, don't worry about it." He explained. I nodded.
The ambulance slowed to a complete stop and the driver said we were here. I heard him get out of the car and walk around to the back to open the doors. He climbed up and picked up the wheelchair before helping me down to put me in it. I felt strange in a wheelchair... I felt extra small.
Gerard thanked the driver and took the liberty to wheel me up the front path and up a wooden ramp that I hadn't noticed was there before.
"I guess Mikey prepared for the wheelchair." Gerard said. I nodded along and mentally freaked out being on a 35 degree angle on wheels, it just felt strange knowing that I could fall or slip or something. I let out my held breath when we made it to the top.
Gerard unlocked the door and swung it open before wheeling me inside.
"Mikey, I'm home!" Gerard called.
"Hey," I heard a slightly raspy voice call, which I couldn't recognize as the voice I remember.
"Bert, what are you doin' here?" Gerard said as a tall man with long black hair walked into the corridor from down the hall. I remembered him! He was the guy whose car Gerard got into after shopping. Boyfriend, perhaps? They did kiss... Kinda. Cheek counts, right?
"I heard you went to the hospital. Who is this?" Bert asked, laying his eyes on me. I was officially scared of this man. I'm pretty sure it was because of the angle a child would have since I was in a wheelchair. Light that shown from down the hall shadowed his eyes and gave him a Disney-villainous look.
"This is Frank. I stayed with him at the hospital when he got into a car accident. He's here because he lives alone and he needs to be watched over." Gerard explained. Now I definitely felt like a child.
"Alright. Mikey's sleeping, by the way. Bye, Gerard." Bert smiled, erasing the villain from his face and gave him a sweet look. He kissed Gerard's cheek before passing him and closed the front door behind him.
"Who's he?" I asked, curious as a child.
"Uh.. my boyfriend." Gerard whispered. I nodded, frowning to myself for some reason.
"So, the guest room is on the main floor, luckily. So, I'll bring you there." Gerard said as he turned to the right, down an endless hallway and then a left into a dark room. Dark until, of course, Gerard turned on the lights.
There was a queen-sized bed in the center of the room with a nightstand on each side, one holding a lamp and the other an alarm clock. A wooden dresser sat in one corner of the room, with a mirror hanging above it. The floor was wooden and the walls were a light greenish colour.
"Thank you." I said, smiling.
"No problem." Gerard replied, wheeling me to the side of the bed. I stared at the side of the bed, trying to find a way to climb up onto the bed. I felt useless, needing to have someone, that someone being Gerard, help me through every single thing. Gerard pulled the sheets and blanket to the foot of the bed.
"Here, let me help." Gerard said to me and I felt one arm slip underneath my knees and the other under my shoulders. He lifted me with slight trouble at first but then seemed like Superman and set me down onto the bed. I giggled.
"Thank you, again." I felt myself blush. Gerard laughed.
"Good night." He said as he pulled the blankets back up to my shoulder. I smiled.
"Good night."

"Ooh, poor Frankie..." I heard a voice call. My eyes snapped open as I stared into a mirror in the dark, only moonlight to guide my eyes to the reflection. Tears of blood ran down my cheeks I began to shriek. I stood to run but fell to the ground, my legs paralyzed.
"Frankie, Frankie, don't run away from me..." I felt a hand hold one ankle down to the wooden floor. I hid my face in the crease of my elbow and cried into my arm.
"Shh, baby, it's okay." I heard a separate, sweet voice whisper. I looked up and saw darkness. I looked back to my arm and saw an imprint of my face in blood. I screamed again and tried to crawl away.
"Frankie, where are you going?" The taunting voice boomed.
"Frank, it's okay, sweetie, you're going to be okay..." The small whisper called again. I looked ahead and saw Gerard standing in front of me, holding out his hand. I stretched, reaching for it.
"You can't be saved, Frankie, give up!" The voice rang in my ears. I felt the sting of bloody tears in my eyes.
Just a centimeter my fingers were to touching with Gerard's. I reached, praying to be able to hold his hand. The tips of our fingers brushed against each other and everything flashed white.


"Frank, are you okay?" Gerard said, his voice booming in my ear. I whimpered, covering my face with my good arm.
"Frank, wake up!" I heard Mikey call. I opened my eyes slowly to see a scared-as-hell Gerard.
"What's wrong?" I asked, staring up at them who stood by the bed.
"Well, you were screaming bloody murder so we thought we should come check on you." Gerard joked. I smiled.
"I'm sorry." I said shyly, nibbling on my lip.
"It's okay... What were you dreaming about?" Mikey asked. I shrugged.
"I don't remember." I said, closing my eyes.
"That's good, I guess. I hate remembering nightmares." Gerard said.
"Hungry, Frank?" Mikey asked. I nodded. "Alright, we've got pancakes!" Mikey cheered, running out of the room.
"Bit of advice, Frank: do not eat the pancakes." Gerard whispered to me, staring at me in the eyes, shaking his head. I laughed and he smiled at me.
"That bad, huh?" I teased and he nodded.
Gerard kindly brought me to the kitchen and set me at the table.
"Eggs?" Gerard offered, pointing to the frying pan that Mikey was using to fry eggs. I nodded. He smiled.
"Eggs for Frank, Mikey." Gerard said to Mikey, patting his shoulder before opening the fridge. He pulled out a carton of orange juice and set it on the counter. "Do you like orange juice, Frank?" He asked. I shrugged. Gerard picked out two glasses from a cabinet and poured juice into each. He walked over to me and set one down where he stood and one next to my arm which rested on the table. I smiled.
"Thanks." I said before picking up the glass and taking a sip.
"Gerard, Madison called." Mikey said boredly. Gerard looked at Mikey.
"What did you tell her?" He asked.
"That you were being a kind civilian by helping out another. What could I say?" Mikey said, setting down a plate of eggs along with a fork and knife in front of me. I didn't feel welcome to speak while their conversation heated. I take it that Madison was the girl he was with. I'm still not sure who she is to him. Sister? Friend?
"I hope she doesn't think I'm crazy." Gerard muttered and took a sip of his orange juice.
I felt like a child again, sitting there eating breakfast innocently while my parents argued amongst themselves. I don't think most children realize when their parents fight, especially when it's like this. Soft voices, it's just the way they speak, not the volume or the actual words.
Despite my curiosity I felt it would be nosy to ask who Madison was, so I kept quiet.
"She probably does."
"Don't you have to be at work?" Gerard replied quickly before taking another sip of his orange juice. I ignored my eggs and looked over at Mikey who was giving Gerard a sarcastic stare from the door.
"I'll see you later, Frank." Mikey said, flashing a smile my way before leaving the kitchen. I then remembered my eggs and tried my best to cut my egg whites into manageable pieces with the side of my fork and then ate the slowly.
"So, Frank, are you writing a new book?" Gerard asked, leaning his chin on his fist. I chuckled. I then heard a familiar ring.
"My cellphone." I said, turning my head in the direction of the noise.
"Oh, yeah, it was dead so I plugged it into our charger." Gerard explained as he stood up and left the room in the ringing's direction. He came back with it silent.
"He's here... Okay- I'm sorry. Frank, a scary guy is on the phone for you." Gerard teased in a cowardly voice and handed me the phone.
"Don't scare him, Richard." I said before anything when I pressed the phone against my ear.
"FRANK! What happened?! Seriously, are you okay? I heard you got into an accident on a voice message from the hospital! That was NOT funny!" Richard practically screamed into my ear.
"Calm down, I'm alive!" I exclaimed.
"Okay... So, who's the guy who answered? A new boyfriend--?"
"No! He stayed with me at the hospital and is taking care of me until my wrist is healed." I explained and I felt my cheeks burn a little. I hope it doesn't show.
Gerard was across the kitchen getting himself something to eat, I assumed.
"Sounds like a boyfriend to me." Richard teased. I twisted my involuntary smile, trying to stop it.
"No... he's taken." I whispered, trying to not let Gerard hear the conversation.
"Oh... So?"
"Richard!"
"What?"
"I would never. Now, I need to eat my breakfast before it gets cold." I said, ready to hang up.
"Frank, do you want me to pick up some clothes for you from your house?" Richard asked.
"Okay... Uhhh... The address is..." I didn't want to say it so confidently as if I knew what I was talking about. I decided to play it dumb. I pressed the receiver to my shoulder, "Gerard, what's your house address?" I asked, looking over at him.
"66 Rum road... why?" I chuckled at the name of the street.
"Richard wants to bring some of my clothes here." I explained.
"Oh, okay..."
"66 Rum road." I said into the phone. "... and bring my Misfits t-shirt." I said in a smaller whisper. For some reason that shirt stops my nightmares. Maybe it's the smell?
"Okay, I'll see you later."
"Thanks."
Gerard sat down in his seat and I set my cellphone in front of my plate.
"I would normally say no electronics on the table, but seeing how there's no use disciplining you with a broken leg and wrist, I'll let it slide this time." Gerard grinned at me. I smiled and took another bite of my egg.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit long but I hope you liked it :)
Comments are lovely <3