Status: New chapter coming along :)

He Calls a Mansion, Not a House, but a Tomb

Chapter 9

Gerard's POV

I woke up with a stiff neck in Frank's hospital room. I looked to Frank's gurney and saw him sleeping. I frowned, it must be hard --let alone uncomfortable-- to be plastered up like that.
The door opened and the doctor looked at me.
"Mr. Way, if you would like, we could have an ambulance bring Frank and you to your house." Dr. I-Forgot-His-Name offered. I smiled.
"Thank you." I replied.
"Once Frank wakes up we'll get him dressed and we'll take you both home." He said. I nodded.
I looked around the room, the white walls, floor and ceiling hurting a bit.
"If you don't mind my asking, how do you know Frank?" The doctor asked, leaning his back on the wall. I froze for a second.
"Uhm, we're friends." I said with a small smile. He smiled back and looked at Frank for a second before leaving the room, closing the door behind him.
I stood up and walked over to Frank's bed. His eyes were softly shut, his forehead wrinkle-less. Perfectly at peace despite his condition. I half-smiled at him.
"You were looking at me, weren't you? Before you got hit... You should watch yourself more carefully." I whispered gently as my fingers traveled around the edges of his pillow. His head tilted and he looked directly at me, his eyes still closed. Could he hear me? "Um... Frank, I don't know if you can actually hear me right now. This is probably going into your brain all jumbled up into a weird dream that you'll probably wake up from in a few minutes but... I'm sorry you got hit by a car and I felt a bit responsible for it... Even though you're the one who chose to look at me... But, n-not like you're to blame. It's the driver, I guess. I never really saw whether you were still on the sidewalk or not..." I started blushing, finding myself rambling on and on. "Uhm... Sorry, I'll leave you to sleep." I said, lightly brushing my fingertips against the back of his hand in a failed attempt to pat it comfortingly. I bailed out early.
I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and picked it out and saw the caller ID. Mikey. I answered in a whisper, "Hello."
Sadly, Mikey was not as calm. "Where the HELL have you been!?" He practically screamed into my ear. I cringed.
"I'm at the hospital." I said. Mikey gasped.
"Are you okay? What happened? Or who's hurt? Is it Bert? Is it Madison?" He panicked. I sighed.
"Umm... You don't know him yet." I said.
"Him? Yet? I don't like the sound of this." Mikey said.
"Yeah, it's Frank Iero. He's gotten into a car accident. And I kind of volunteered to have him at our house until his wrist and rib recovers." I explained fully, knowing that keeping the smallest secret would hurt.
"As in the writer?" Mikey asked. I rolled my eyes. Is that all that went to his ears?
"Yes, as in the writer." I assured him. Mikey laughed, but stopped short-- he probably realized that this was a serious situation.
"Okay, then, sorry. I'll see you when you get home, I guess. Bye."

Frank's POV

I coughed through a bit of a sore throat. I opened my eyes to see the horrible plain white ceiling.
I tried not to move so much, afraid of hurting myself, as I lifted my head slightly to scope the room. I saw Gerard sitting in the same chair, his eyes closed. He had headphones over his ears and I saw his hand drumming to the beat over his knee. I smiled.
Should I say hello? He probably won't hear me if I did... I'll just keep quiet for now.
Then the door opened, letting in Dr Marshall. He grinned at me. "Glad to see that you've woken up, Frank." He said to me. I heard Gerard's music faintly and I noticed he had removed them from his ears. I looked at him and I saw as his eyes stared not at mine, but they were scanning my face.
"Hi." I replied, still looking at Gerard. He looked away and then I turned my attention to Dr Marshall.
"So, Gerard has agreed to take care of you for the next few weeks. Your rib is going to be fine as long as you don't strain yourself for the next few weeks. In a week, on Sunday, I'll need you to come back to check up on it." I nodded along, taking the information in.
"So, when am I leaving?" I asked.
Dr Marshall chuckled. "When we get your clothes back from the patient storage room." He said, smiling at me. I smiled back. "I'll give you two some time to talk while I get Frank's stuff." He said, looking at Gerard who was ever-so-slowly standing from his chair. I watched as Dr Marshall left the room, closing the door behind him, before looking back at Gerard.
"Hello." Gerard chuckled, giving me a warm smile. I could have melted at the sight of his smile and his cheeks turning pink.
"Hi." I replied, trying to keep from smiling too widely. Gerard walked closer, which helped me look at him. Lying down while looking at someone across the room does hell on the neck.
"I hope you don't think I'm a freak for taking you to my house and stuff..." Gerard mumbled, blushing deeper, nibbling his lip near the end of his sentence. I couldn't help but smile.
"No, I don't. Thank you very much, you're sweet." I watched as Gerard's hazel eyes twinkled as he smiled down at me. I bit my lip, realizing I was trying to flirt with him. Not a good idea right now, I think.
"Um... So, how exactly did you get into the ambulance with me? I hear they only let friends or family." I said.
Gerard grinned, shrugging. "They wouldn't know." He joked. I grinned. I wanted to laugh, but before I could, I felt a sharp pain in my chest. Damn rib. I won't be able to laugh for a while.
"Okay, here are your clothes. A nurse is here to help you put them on." Dr Marshall cut in, poking into the room. A nurse walked in holding my clothes in a white bag. "Gerard, can you come outside for now? I think Frank would want a bit of privacy." He smiled, pointing out the door.
"I think all privacy is lost when someone else is dressing you." I retorted while the nurse started to remove my hospital gown. Dr Marshall laughed at my riposte as Gerard just silently walked out of the room, followed by Dr Marshall.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been FOREVER since an update, I'm sorry!! I've been caught up in school exams, second semester homework OVERLOAD, and other stories that I also have needed to update. So, I hope you like this chapter even though it's short!