White Sand; Black Sky

The Loch Ness Monster?

I stared at the young child before me. She had big, brown eyes boring into my face. Her long bronze ringlets reminded me of myself when I was fourteen in North Carolina. My hair had reddish natural highlights from the sun when it shined just right. Alas, my hair has gone back to its sun-deprived muddy brown. The girl’s face was pale, yet slightly blushed. She did look about thirteen. I could entertain a tween any day, but for some reason, I think I’ll find myself stumped with this one.

“I take it, she’s ‘Nessie,’ right Jake?” I assumed.

“Yes. I am Nessie,” the girl politely stated. I had prejudged incorrectly that she would be shy, as I was at her age. My demeanor from age thirteen to age seventeen has drastically changed. I am sometimes shy, but usually boomingly loud, obnoxious, and using my witty humor.

“Um,” I sighed, knowing the next few days will be longer than most other days.

“Don’t worry about entertaining me. I brought books,” she said, almost knowing what I was worried about.

Bright-faced Seth bounded up next to Jacob and me. When he saw Nessie, his eyes melted with pure desire, then he recollected himself and stuck out a clammy hand, “Hi! I’m Seth!” He seemed too eager and anxious.

“Seth,” Jake shook his head, “this is Nessie. She knows about the wolf stuff,” Nessie’s eyes lit up like a pack of candles on someone’s birthday when she heard the word, wolf.

“My mom told me all about the wolf legends after you left and my dad was hunting,” she instantly remembered, “And she said that she was waiting for Jacob to ‘imprint’ on me,” I cleared my throat, looking towards Seth. Then I burst out in laughter with Jakey and Seth quickly joining in. Nessie was left miffed.

“Okay. I think you deserve to know what is so humorous. You see, Jake imprinted on me, like, three days ago. And Seth just imprinted on you,” I stated with a trace of a giggle in my slightly wavering voice.

“Uh,” was the only manageable sound as Seth blushed a deep crimson. His once beaming smile turned meek, “Yeah, I, uh, um, imprinted on you… okay? Telling someone something like that two minutes after it happens kinda ruins the whole effect.” The last statement was like a side note.

Seth decided that it would be his job to entertain Nessie until the other Cullens come back. That left Jacob and I where we were before the Cullens interrupted. Except we were in Jake’s Rabbit. On our way to his house. He put the key in the ignition, ready to start the engine, but I stopped him. I grabbed the hand grasping the key and placed it on my waist. He stared back at me in confusion for almost a minute until I took my hands and put them around his warm neck. I leaned up onto him and he understood. He bent his neck down so I could reach. In one second I felt my world turn upside-down and this weird tingling sensation all over my body. Jake moved his hand to the small of my back, causing the kissing fireflies to buzz inside me at an exponential rate. This all happened because our lips touched.
♠ ♠ ♠
short and kinda um short... sorry this hasn't come out sooner. huge essay must be written...
looking for 15 comments before next chapter is out...