Status: Series - Active

An Arranged Marriage to Max Green

Chapter Thirteen: An Arranged Marriage To Max Green

Chloe's POV

"What do you mean he didn't come home?" I can't believe Ronnie didn't tell me this two days ago. Apparently Max has not come home or to ours since I left.

"Well he talked to Monte outside and he left. I think he went to a bar or something" He trailed off.

Oh my god. I raced back outside with Ronnie following me.

"Can you help me find him?"

He just nodded. I got in the passenger seat. We drove to the only place all of us could get away with drinking. Max's car was parked outside. Why? Why? Why?

"I'll go in, you wait here!" Ronnie told me.

"But..."

"Just stay here, I don't want you seeing Max if he gets angry" He stormed out the car. I didn't argue with Ronnie when he got angry. He's fucking scary.

There was a tap on the window and I jumped. But it was only Max. Holy fuck! I jumped out, throwing my arms around his neck.

"Maxwell Scott Green don't you ever do that again!" I exclaimed, hugging him tight.

"Okay...."

"I mean it, you scared the fuck out of me"

He looked down, looking so ashamed. I lifted his his chin with my hand.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"No, I missed you" He answered. I chuckled and hugged him again. Max was pulled off me soon by Ronnie.

"Where the fuck do you get off running away and drinking yourself into oblivion for two days?" He yelled at Max.

"I'm sorry dude, I didn't know what else to do" He said, shamefully. He knew how Ronnie felt about drinking.

"Well you could have come back to my house, or you could have gone to see Chloe! You worried her too..."

"I'm right here, and he knows" I said, grabbing Ronnie's arm. He sighed, pulling away.

"Your lucky she's here, otherwise I'd punch you for cheating on my sister and getting drunk!" He got back in his car, leaving me to stand there with Max.

"It'll take him a few days to calm down" I said.

"I know" He stumbled a bit.

"Are you still drunk?" I asked him.

"Yeah...."

"Get in the car!"

I took him back to my house and put him to sleep in my bed. I had a bone to pick with him in the morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd be scared...geez!