Status: Series - Active

An Arranged Marriage to Max Green

Chapter Fourteen: An Arranged Marriage To Max Green

Max’s POV

I woke up, confused by my surroundings. But not for too long, Ronnie burst into the room singing.

"Hakuna Matata!!!" He sang out of tune, probably on purpose.

"Shut up" I pushed my head into the pillow, only to realise how pink it was. Oh shit. I sat up. Why am I in Chloe’s bed?

"Welcome back to the land of the living, you still have to face my sister…so I should probably say my goodbyes now" He trailed off.

"Shut it Ronnie" I snapped. He just smiled. Then Chloe appeared at the door.

"Good luck!" Ronnie exclaimed.

"He’ll need it" Chloe added, I couldn’t read the emotion on her face, and that scared the crap out of me.

"Okay, well you two have fun. I’m going to see Rachael" He ran off before we could say anything.

"He’s liked her for ages" I said, trying to break the awkward silence.

"I know" She came and sat next to me, as much I wanted to pull her under the blankets and cuddle her, I didn’t.

"Why Max?" She asked eventually.

"Which one?"

"Oh, lets start with the drinking? Especially to dissolve your problems. You of all people should know that"

And I did, I had a problem last year, my parents had to chuck me in Rehab at 17. But I’m sober now.

"I’m sorry Chloe, I didn’t know where else to go! I figured that if I lost you then nothing else matters" I told her. Truth rang every word, whether she would believe it or not was another story.

"You cannot be completely dependent on me, Max…we talked…."

"But do you know what Chloe…the reason I put you up so high in my life is because I am completely in love with you" There you go, I said it. I finally confessed.

"Then why did you cheat on me? Especially with that whore…" She shuddered.

"She kissed me, I didn’t kiss back. If you stayed around for me to explain then maybe you’d know"

She sighed.

"I’m still mad about the drinking Max, you need to know that you can’t go back there…"

"I know"

We just sat there for a while longer, it wasn’t awkward anymore though. Eventually she crawled underneath the covers with me.

"I missed you even for those two days Max, I…"

It looked like she was struggling for words.

"Take all the time you need…."

"I’m in love with you Max Green"

Those words were all I needed, a smile grew on my face. I brought her into my arms and ran my hands down her face.

"I’m gonna show you how much I love you Chloe Radke…"

This wasn’t over yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha, Ronnie in this story always puts a smile on my face! :D