Status: Series - Active

An Arranged Marriage to Max Green

Chapter Twenty One: An Arranged Marriage To Max Green

Chloe’s POV

I caught sight of my aunty as I walked through the doors outside. She smiled and walked over, hugging me.

"Hello Chloe" I would have to get used to the accent.

"Hey Sam" She didn’t let me call her Aunty Sam cause she thought it made her sound old.

"So it’s a bit of a drive, but I do have a CD player in the car so it won’t be silent or boring" She told me.

"Thank you" I just nodded and followed her to the car. She helped me put my things in the boot.

"Where’s Teri and Josh?" I asked her. Teri and Josh are my cousins, there fraternal twins, complete opposite of eachother too.

"There at a friends house, they’ll both be back for dinner. I think they are excited to see you again, especially since you’ll be finishing your year at school here" She said, babbling on as she started the car.

"Cool, can’t wait. Even though I’m gonna be the weird new girl starting in the middle of the semester" I said, sighing.

"They call it a school year here, and don’t worry, you’ll be fine"

I could tell already that I was screwed.

I looked at my phone which was finally working. I had quite a few missed calls, most of them from Max. I wasn’t surprised. Even if he didn’t want to see me again he would get worried if I skipped the country.

I then checked my text messages. Here we go.

From: Rachael

You really scared poor Max! He showed up at the airport just as your plane was taking off. The poor kid is heartbroken, same with Ronnie.

From: Ronnie

I love you so much baby sis! You take care of yourself okay? And if any dipshit australian guy tries to hurt you, you call me and I will come kick his ass. Call me as soon as you get to Sam’s house. I miss you!

From: Max

How could you go and leave me like that? Without even a chance to explain. You didn’t even hear me properly. I love you so much it hurts Chloe, believe when I say I will never fall in love like this again. As soon as I save up I am going to come see you and I will never let you go again. Never forget me, love always, you Max.

I almost cried, I shut my phone and looked out the window.

"Do you miss your friends?" Sam asked me.

"More than they know" I answered. She nodded, not pressing the matter further. How am I ever going to Max out of my head?
♠ ♠ ♠
simple, easy peasy! you DON'T!