Status: Series - Active

An Arranged Marriage to Max Green

Chapter Twenty Four: An Arranged Marriage To Max Green

Max's POV

School sucks even more now, especially since Chloe's not here. But everyone knows that she left, and they all look at me differently. With pity most of the time, but from a few people its like haha you screwed up and she left you.

I go to people with nice people right?

Not.

I slammed my locker shut only to face to face with Paige Smith. Not now!

“What do you want?” I asked bitterly.

“I wanted to see if you were okay” She answered, she sounded innocent enough. But I knew she wasn't.

“Right, you ruined the best thing that ever happened to me and you want to see if I'm okay?” I should really stop being so sarcastic.

“First, I am sorry about that. I had no idea about Chloe at the time. And from what I heard you did a good enough job by yourself ruining your relationship with Chloe. Please, forgive me for caring...” She started to walk away. I can't believe I am about to do this...

“Paige, wait up” She stopped, allowing me to catch up with her. We continued walking to our next class.

“I am sorry”

“No need, I should be saying sorry” I sighed.

“Do you wanna skip biology? Its not like were gonna use it for our future” I said.

“Well I actually want to be a doctor, so yeah I am. But I suppose once couldn't hurt” She replied.

“Wait, you wanna be a doctor?” I asked, completely shocked.

“Why is that so hard to believe? Cause I'm some airhead cheerleader? Well I don't want to be a dancer forever ya know” She answered. Wow.

“Sorry”

“Stop saying that...”

She put her finger to my lips.

“Seriously, thats getting annoying” I laughed. We walked to back of school and I lit up a cigarette.

“You want one?” I said, offering her the box.

“Yeah, I've been dying for one all day”

Paige is a stunning girl, but she's no Chloe. Paige is blonde, she has these crystal blue eyes...she looks like a supermodel not a doctor. But Chloe...her black hair, brown eyes, one look and she could hold you forever.

I have to stop doing this.

“Paige...” I started.

“Yeah?” She looked up at me.

“Do you want to go out some time?” I asked her.

“I guess, sure”

Step one to getting over Chloe complete. But I heard this voice at the back of my head.

You'll never be over her.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah, thats right...getting over someone like that never works..trust, I have tried