Status: Series - Active

An Arranged Marriage to Max Green

Chapter Thirty One: An Arranged Marriage To Max Green

Chloe's POV

I am officially screwed, Max is standing right in front of me looking hurt and confused. I can't stay mad at a face like that.

“What the fuck happened to you?” He asked me. Okay, maybe I could.

“Uh...I flew to Australia because you said that you never wanted to see me again” I answered. Well he did. Maybe not in those words, but he still did.

“I did not say that! Why would I ever say something like that to you?” He yelled.

“Because maybe you didn't want to see me again, thats why people usually say things like that”

“But...”

“I'll remind you....”

flashback...

“Max, I’m trying to help you. I’ll get Ronnie to drive you home”

“No, I need to...”

“Just wait!”

“No Chloe! I have to go now! Just let me go,” He yelled.

“Please Max, the last thing I want is for you to get hurt” His face softened. He leant down and kissed me softly.

“I have to go home, I promise I’ll be careful” But by now Ronnie and the others had walked outside.

“I’ll take you Max” He said. Thank god for his timing.

“Fine, but I won’t be coming back here” He muttered, only loud enough for me to hear. I ran back into the house crying. How could he do this to me? I know he’s upset about his grandma, but in others words that sounded like he didn’t want to see me ever again.

End of flashback...

“Oh Chloe, I didn't mean that. I didn't even realise what I was saying.”

By now it had occurred to me that everyone was staring at me. I went bright red. Max walked over to me. But then there was a knock on the door. Ronnie went to open it.

“Josh?” What was he doing here?

“Renee is at the hospital, Scott isn't breathing” He said.

“What?”

“He was lying down for a nap and then I went to check on him, I just thought he was sleeping. But I checked and he wasn't breathing...”

“Oh my god, can you take me there?” I asked him.

“Sure” Max grabbed my arm.

“What is going on?” He asked me.

“My son is in trouble, I will see you tomorrow” I answered. Then I ran out, I knew I couldn't escape seeing him now. But at the moment I had to take care of my son.
♠ ♠ ♠
awwwww! see? Max is too cute