Different

Chapter 24

CHAPTER 24

~Gerard~


Amy was such a sweet kid! Someday I’d like to have kids. We were on our way home now and I stared along the dimly lit roads, resisting the urge to put my head down on the wheel and fall asleep. We had had to get up at 6 in the morning to get here and it was 9:00 now, so I had been driving for 5 hours in total! That would be the reason we never go to the zoo. The 3 hour drive there and back! If I was tired I can’t imagine how tired little Amy would be! But surprisingly she had been the most awake one of us when we had set to go back home.

I smiled to my self when I remembered The others flushed faces when they had run up to us, all speaking at once, a giggling mass, trying to tell us about Bob and Charlotte. And Bob and Charlotte hovering in the background, their faces bright red, but looking extremely happy with Bob’s arms arm’s round Charlotte. It kinda reminded me of when Ann and I first got together.

I looked at my girlfriend sitting next to me, her eye lashes brushing against her cheeks. She opened her eyes and saw me looking at her. She smiled sleepily and I smiled back as she shut her eyes once more.

“Love you” I whispered, not knowing if she had heard me or not.
Most people see me as a little kid the way I act up al the time ad always make jokes. But theres a lot more to me than meets the eye. I’m actually very shy. So I have to use this big cover-up all the time. Because I’m insecure inside. Which sucks. Sometimes I feel as if I’m just living one big lie. But right now that lie is beginning to turn into just a small white-lie.

With a smile on my face, my thoughts went back to the road ahead of me.

~Frankie~

Today had been such a fun day. It was like being a little kid again. Indigo really was so much like me. I turned my face towards her. She was so sweet, lying there with her long lashes and her long black hair spilling over her face like a waterfall. I really wish that she knew how I felt for her. But I wasn’t brave enough to tell her. Would I ever be?

She turned in her sleep and rested her head on my shoulder, moaning quietly in her sleep. I smiled to myself. Figuring no-one would see, I pretended to be asleep and leant my head on hers. Soon I drifted off to sleep with our bodies close together, the warmth surrounding me. The warmth that only that one person could give you. The person you loved.

What I didn’t notice was that Gerard had seen everything. Smiling softly, he left me to my own little world.

// LATER //

~Indigo~


I woke up with a start when the car jolted noisily to a stop, leaving us in front of a barrier.
“Fuck” Gee muttered.

Everyone had began to stir from their sleep. I looked up and to my surprise saw that my head was resting on Frankie’s shoulder and his head on mine.
“Sorry!” we both said at the same time.
“No I’m sorry! You must think I’m some weirdo the way I keep like…I mean…” Frankie trailed off.
“No its okay I…I do it too…” I began, but decided it would be best not to finish that sentence. He blushed and smiled shyly at me.

I really wish that he knew how I felt for him. But I wasn’t brave enough to tell him. Would I ever be?

My thoughts were interrupted as Gee began to talk.
“Guys…there’s some bad news…the roads blocked off! It wasn’t this morning! It’s too late to go the other way…we’ll have to walk to mine…that’s closest. You guys will have to stay over for tonight…that okay?”

After a few phone calls most of us could come, apart from Sammi and Kyo who’s Mum had picked them up earlier, so weren’t in the car anyway.
After my Mum had grudgingly accepted, EmahLee piped up,
“But what about Bob and Charlotte? And Amy! What are they gonna do?”
“Oh, they’ve gone the other way to Charlotte’s house, they’ll be fine” replied Gee.

It was then the heavens opened.
We all looked out of the car windows in horror.
“We’re gonna have to walk to yours in this?!” Ann squeaked.
Gerard grinned.
“Who said anything about walking?”
He unbuckled his belt and opened the door.
“RUN!”

And so in a giggling sopping wet heap, EmahLee having managing to get a piggyback all the way from Mikey, we arrived at Gerard house.
Good thing his parents weren’t home!!