Different

Chapter 28

CHAPTER 28

~Kyo~


I trembled, still cold from outside as he took my coat and turned to hang it up on one of the pegs behind us. I watched as his strong arms reached up to pin it u, the muscles straining on his bare arms. He was wearing a black bullet proof jacket. I gulped and turned away, trying to ignore the fact that I had suddenly become a bit too excited due to the small part of flesh and boxer shorts that had appeared when his top had risen up.

“Uh…Kayleigh?” He asked me. I was staring in the opposite direction at the wall in front of me. I probably looked like I didn’t want to look at him or something! Think Kyo, think!

“I was just looking at…these pictures!” I said gesturing to the dark looking pictures on the wall. I looked closer at them and realised how good they really were.
“Wow! They’re amazing! Where did you get them?!” I asked incredulously.
I heard Gerard come closer to me, behind me.

“Do you like them?” He said, so close to me that I jumped, “I painted them…”

“You painted these?” I asked in complete awe, “But they’re incredible!”
I spun round to face him, but found myself so near to him that our faces were dangerously close together.

He smiled wornly at me, and looked down at the floor. I noticed how his dark lashes which framed his hazel eyes brushed against his face, making him look even more beautiful.

What was I doing? I couldn’t like Gerard. I couldn’t. He had a girlfriend. And now he probably hated me! I was about to say sorry when he came in first.

“Sorry Kayleigh…I didn’t mean to do that...I…I don’t know what came over me..” he sighed, looking sadly down at his shoes as he stepped back from me at the same time I did.

“Sorry” I whispered.
He smiled at me but there were tears in his eyes.
“Don’t be sorry. It wasn’t you. It was me. It’s always me…” And he turned abruptly and broke into a run out of the room and up the stairs.
I stared at the space he had just been standing in and then ran after him.

“Gerard! Gerard WAIT!” I yelled after him. He stopped and slumped down against a large box. I looked around us. We seemed to be in some kind of Attic. The walls were lined with pictures and paintings, all in the same amazingly dark style as downstairs, and all presumably by Gerard.
“…Wow…” I breathed, taking it all in.
Gerard was staring down at the floor looking deeply depressed.
“I-I’m sorry I ran off like that...” He muttered.
“Gerard…It’s fine. But why?” I said sitting quietly next him, concerned.
“Uh…well you don’t want to know about me! Tell me about the argument with you and your mum Kayleigh!” He said quickly.
I looked at him.
“Gerard. You look more in need of spilling your feelings then me” I smiled at him, “Believe me, you’ll feel better afterwards. And please, call me Kyo.”

He looked up at me.
“I can tell you? You don’t mind?” He asked quietly.
“Of course” I smiled as comfortingly as I could.
“Okay…and by the way…call me Gee…” He started smiling nervously. And he began, with trust in his Hazel eyes…