Status: This will explain why I haven't been updating - www.mibba.com/journals/read/187925/

Keep the Pain Away. . .

Chapter 15

The woman advanced towards me in a sleepy state. I shut the fridge and just watched her. Her eyes fluttered open after a while of repeatedly bumping into the island counter. She looked around before realizing that I was staring at her.

A quiet squeak-like sound came from her as she clutched the partially open shirt. My eye twitched as I turned around and walked away without another word. I shook my head and just went back up to my room.

Brown boxes were pushed against the far wall of my room and Midnight was laying on the biggest one. I didn’t want to unpack any one of the boxes but I had to because some of my needed necessities were enclosed in one.

Memories tried to flood my mind as I pulled out my mother’s jewelry box. I ignored them as I opened the old box. The polished wood felt smooth beneath my fingers. The thin wood seemed breakable as I opened it and looked at the diamonds and gold.

I saw something small and beaded. It was a small bracelet I had made my mother when I was in first grade. I remembered the happy smile that she gave me when I gave it to her. Tears sprang to my eyes. Why am I all-of-a-sudden crying so much?

I quickly wiped my eyes and set the box on my dresser. It stood out but I didn’t care. A wolf’s howl reached my ears. I looked out the window and saw a man with silky blonde hair. He gave me a broad smile, showing his white and perfect teeth. I squinted my eyes and saw that the man’s eyes were bright red. He looked tall and buff but the clothing he wore was more biker than anything else. He was extremely pale.

I didn’t like how he looked at me like I was something to eat. The man advanced towards the house and I took a step back out of instinct. The man took another slow step but I just watched him with body tense.

The man looked impressed but I kept my face emotionless. Everything went so quick. One moment the man was looking at me but the next he was on my balcony, breaking my porch door. I winced as I listened to the glass crack.

The man’s frigid touch made me want to coil away when he touched me. I noticed that my door wasn’t broken completely. Just a small hole was near the handle. I looked into the red eyes. “My name is Francisco Bovey. What is yours my love?” His voice was smooth and seductive.

I gritted my teeth and refused to speak.

“Ahh, the fire burns so strongly in you. Your blue eyes are like blue fire! Such ferocity even for no emotion to shine through them. Why is there no emotion, my dear?”

“I’ve gone to hell and back. You don’t scare me the least bit.” I spoke quietly through my teeth.

“It’s good that I do not scare you, sweetheart. I have no intention on harming you, my sweet. Just wanted to give my greetings. You never told me your title.”

“Zeeva Smith.”

“Such an unusual name.” He sighed, “I remember being acquainted with someone with the last name Smith. Such a sweet woman. Hah! That was until she,” he paused, “betrayed me.”

I moved away from his frigid hand to kneel next to the boxes again. My whole body was alerted. Francisco laid a hand next to me.

“Be wise, my dear, and never ever get on a vampires bad side. Oh, and my apologies for ruining your balcony door. I’ll bring you one tomorrow. Farewell my love.”

I felt the smallest breeze. I was irritated at the Francisco guy because of him calling me ‘my love’ and stuff. He didn’t even know me. I frowned and just got up to walk downstairs.

It felt like someone was watching me but I just ignored it and jogged down the stairs. No one was awake yet so I looked through the drawers for the phone book. I started to get frustrated when I realized that it was next to the fridge.

I mentally slapped myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
two updates in one day! Man you guys are lucky!

Comments?

"I'd give you my heart,
And let you just hold it.
I'd give you my soul,
But I already sold it."
<--Circles by Hollywood Undead

</3 Starz