Status: Too be continued....Currently working on the nineth chapter.

Vampire Hunter - Let's Stake Them All

Chapter Five: Werewolf

The door flew open. Andros looked frantic as he threw me the katana. I embraced the handle. It was beautiful. The blade glimmered in the light. I felt like a kid at Christmas. I could feel Andros’ smiling eyes on me as a smile stretched across my face. This was a definite plus.

“Are you ready to fight your first werewolf?”

“You bet I’m ready.” To tell you the truth I was extremely excited. This would be my first werewolf kill. A part of me was frightened since I was in a weak spot not knowing how to destroy one. They were paranormal beings so maybe simply a stake to the heart then burning or decapitate their heads. This excited me. I know this was horrible to say but I get a thrill when I killed things that didn’t belong in this world. I could feel my blood pump with each thought of rid this world of a werewolf.

“Correction rid this world of werewolves.” I turned and shot him a look. Of course he would leave that out. I rolled my eyes and gripped the katana harder. It was time to kill things.

“Let’s get this started.” I smirked. The sooner I kill the werewolves the sooner I can kill you.

“I’m not that easy to kill you know.”

“That’s what you think.”

“No, it’s what I know.” Something in his voice said he’s knows from experience. Could my judging be out of line? Why was I second guessing myself these days? It wasn’t until after I killed Paul that I started second guessing every thought and every move I made. Could I be in the wrong to judge people I didn’t know? I shook my head to rid myself of such thoughts. “Follow me.” I followed after him as he headed down the hall. It was extremely long and the walls held nothing of interest. The color he picked for walls was interesting but yet not surprising. They were the color of blood. How convenient, but like I said not surprising. The touch was very fine and waxy. His house had an earthy smell that for some reason made me feel at home.

From down the hall I could hear faint whispers and cries. I tried to listen in but I couldn’t hear anything. Their voices were inaudible. I didn’t know who they were but instantly my heart went out to them. The air around me became crisp. I could feel the shiver throughout my body. Involuntarily I wrapped my arms around my chest to warm myself.

“He affects you.” He spoke calmly yet he sounded angry.

“What do you mean?” The air around me was only getting colder. He didn’t answer. “What do you mean?” I repeated again.

“He’s afraid he’ll lose you to me.” The voice sounded dead and disembodied. I was startled by the voice. I turned around but no one was in the hallway. It was just me and Andros. I stopped dead in my tracks. “I scare you.” The voice laughed velvety sending goose bumps all over my body.

“He’s inside your head, isn’t he?” Andros spoke with no emotion this time.

I saw a shadow to my left then to my right. I felt like I was going crazy. Was I seeing things? I could feel my heartbeat faster. Of course my adrenaline was already pumping due to Andros’ presence but it had calmed down. But now, it was fear that kick started my adrenaline rush. I could hear my breath accelerate with my heartbeat.

“How is it that he scares you more than I do?” He asked harshly.

“You want me to be afraid of you?”

“It would make it easier to control you.” He mumbled. I could feel dread and anger washing over me. I couldn’t control any of my emotions. I could feel tears stinging my eyes. Leave me alone!, I yelled in my head. My body trembled.

“Oh, but you are so much fun to mess with. Just like your mother and sister.” I wanted to scream and rip this guy apart. This cruel son of a bitch needed to die. I could feel the anger resounding in my body. My hands trembled and I couldn’t control anything. I found myself wanting Andros’ embrace. I wasn’t sure why I felt that way. Quickly I pushed the thought away. I could feel myself slipping away. My knees hit floor hard with a loud ‘thump’. I heard the katana hit the ground. My heart felt as if it was going to explode from my chest. No. Fight it Abigail. I kept repeating to myself. I couldn’t let him control me. I was Abigail Lynn Peters, the ultimate vampire hunter. I ate guys like him for breakfast! I felt myself slowly gaining control. I slowed my heartbeat and calmed my breathing. I was still on my knees. I reached for my katana and I lost control again. I let out a grunt as the pain traveled through me.

This time I fell on my stomach. I heard the voice laugh. I forced myself to my knees. I felt so unsteady until I felt the embrace of Andros’ arms. I relaxed into his arms then I felt the piercing pain at my neck. I let out a blood curling scream. When the piecing pain was gone so was the controlling voice. I felt like myself again. I reached my hand to my neck and I felt the warm liquid. I looked at Andros with confusion and exasperation. He just bit me. Without asking, he sunk his teeth into me. I brought my hand down to see my blood covered my hand. I could feel it trickling down my neck. When I met Andros’ eyes they held desperation.

“It will only keep him out of your head temporarily.” He grabbed my hand and pulled me to my feet. He continued to hold my hand as he dragged me down the hall. This was one damn long hall. We finally made it to the end of the hall. There were a few doors on the left and right. He opened one to the right and pushed me in. “It’s for your own good.” He slammed the door shut. I banged on the door with hands.

“Let me out of here Andros!” I yelled. I pounded on it only a few minutes longer before giving up. I slummed against the door in exhaustion. I needed to find another way out of here. I looked around the room. I assumed it to be closet but the size of room. It had boxes and clothes thrown everywhere.

“He thought he could keep you from me; but instead lead you straight to me.” His voice was back but this time it wasn’t in my head. I was sure I was alone in the room. Or was I? I saw something move to my left knocking over box. My eyes shot to that direction. But then something moved to my right. My heart starting beating really fast and I could feel my fingers digging into the door. I wanted to scream but when I opened my mouth nothing came out. Since when was I afraid of anything? I was a hunter for crying out loud.

“Show yourself.” I demanded. I was unarmed but I was going to fight with pride. I could hear him laughing and it echoed through the room. A dark shadow stepped forward and I gasped. I had never seen a werewolf up close before. His eyes were a piercing crimson red. His fur was grey and very grungy. His leg structure was digitigrade. And his vulpine features were quite distinguished. If he wasn’t here to kill me, I would be amazed by this creature but instead I was terrified.

“You should be. This will be fun.” He said as he threw his head back letting out a laugh. I swallowed hard and ran at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback please!

I know cliffhanger right? I always hated them too! :)