Sequel: *** Isn't My Case

It Was a Lie When They Smiled

Take it back

(March 4th 2009)

Delilah’s POV

“No fair,” Bob exclaimed as he shoved me, “you’ve played this song since the day we got this!”

“Well, I like the song,” I replied.

“Are you guys still playing guitar hero,” Kierstyn laughed as she walked on to the bus. Gerard, Mikey, Ray, Frank, and Ashley followed her.

“Yes,” Bob exclaimed, “she cheated!”

“How do you cheat on guitar hero,” Gerard asked.

“I don’t know,” Bob replied.

I laughed, “So then how did I cheat?”

“You memorized every note,” Bob said.

“That’s not cheating,” Ashley laughed.

“Yes it is,” Bob said.

“No,” Frank added.

“How is knowing every note cheating,” Mikey asked laughing.

“Ugh,” Bob was stumped by this question. He had no idea how to answer it.

“Exactly,” I said.

“Aw man,” Bob mumbled as he shook his head. Frank and Mikey both laughed. This made every one else laugh. It’s just a chain reaction.

Gerard’s POV

I left to go warm up before anyone else. Little did I know Kirsten was following me. She startled me a few minutes into my warming up processes or whatever you would like to call it.

“Hey, Gerard,” She said in a plain tone. She didn’t sound so happy.

“Hey, Sweetie,” I replied turning around. I was used seeing a smile on her face when I said that. But this time I saw nothing. The only expressions on her face were anger and like she was annoyed.

“What’s wrong,” I asked as I stopped swinging my arms in a circular motion. She didn’t say anything.

“Kierstyn, are you okay?”

She nodded slowly. I sighed as I walked over and stood next to her.

“Really… what’s wrong,” I asked again. I went to put my arm around her but she moved away. I had no idea why… so I asked, “What did I do?”

She didn’t make any movement. She just looked at me. Her eyes telling me she was very upset about something. I didn’t want to ask but I didn’t want to just not ask and make her feel unloved.

“Gerard… I can’t stand it,” She said finally. I gave her a confused look. What couldn’t she stand? She continued.

“You’re rarely around me. You don’t tell anyone where you’re going so it makes it hard to find you. When you are around and you’re around me you’re never there for a long time. Delilah always has some problem that pulls you away from me. You’re always around Delilah even when Frank is there with her. If Frank isn’t around she goes to you for help when ever I need you.”

“So this is all Delilah’s fault that I’m never around,” I asked.

“Is that what it sounds like?”

“Yes.”

“Then yes.”

“Kierstyn she’s just as important as you. She’s part of the band and if something’s wrong we need to help her. We’re all her friends. Friend’s help each other. That’s why we’re all here.”

“Gerard-“

“Besides… when she does need help you’re rarely there.”

“Whoa hold on. Who took her for a walk while you dumped all the stuff out of her bags to see what she was hiding? Who comforted her when everyone else was sleeping? Her told her every thing was going to be alright when she got a negative? Who the heck held her cappuccino, while she and Ashley were having a snow ball fight?”

“Every one told her it was going to be okay when she got a negative. And I believe we asked you to go take her for a walk.”

“Yeah and I did.”

“Exactly, we needed your help!”

“Yeah well…”

“Listen, I know that you can’t stand the fact the Delilah always wants to be in the spot light, but the thing is that’s just the way she is… she can’t possibly help it.”

“You’ve only know her for what two years? I’ve know here for nine years, Gerard. You sound like you know every little fact about her.”

“Well, I don’t. I’ve been around her every day except for the 2 months she was gone on her honey moon.”

“You were there for like a week with them!”

“They needed my help! Not all of this is Delilah’s fault!”

“So now you’re taking her side?”

“No. I’m not.”

“Well it sounds like you are!”

“I’m not taking anybody side! I told you she’s my friend I have to be there for her!”

“But I’m your fiancé and you’re never there for me!”

“Yes I am!”

“No you’re not!”

“Yeah I am! Every thing I do I do for you! You just gotta give it time!”

“Time?! Gerard I’ve put you with this ‘time’ since before Delilah and Frank came back from their honey moon!”

“Kierstyn-“

“And ever since I came we did nothing but call up Frank and Dee. We did noting but wonder how they were doing. Every conversation somehow include Frank and Delilah-“

“Now this is Frank’s fault too?”

“If it sounds like that then yes! I’ve put up with this crap for months- Don’t you turn your back to me,” Kierstyn said angry as I groaned and slightly turned. I wasn’t turning away from her I was getting tired of all this being Delilah’s fault.

“I’m not turning my back on you! Kierstyn, I haven’t exactly got what I want to get you yet. I haven’t exactly finished planning what I want to do for you! I want to be a happy couple like Frank and Delilah or like Mikey and Ashley! But if you keep blaming all of this on my friends and family then I can’t do anything for you!”

“What are you trying to say? You’re calling this engagement off?”

Before I could even say anything she just jumped to conclusions.

“Well then take this back,” she yelled pulling her engagement ring off her finger and shoved it into my hand. I looked down at the ring then back at her. She didn’t even walk away. She had a lot more to say. And I was going to listen.