Sequel: *** Isn't My Case

It Was a Lie When They Smiled

You've been rejected

Delilah’s POV

“So what happened,” Frank asked. I explained everything in about 2 minutes… not much really happened except for the fact that he tried to kill he. Frank didn’t ask anymore questions.

“Frank, I’m sorry,” I said. After all he did look kind of mad.

“I mean I- I tried to call for help but the music was so loud and you guys could hear me and I really, really tried to stop him from doing anything but he was just so strong and-“

“Delilah, it’s not your fault.”

“Then why aren’t you talking to me? I understand you’re mad but-“

“You said you gave up trying to call of help.”

“Because the music was too loud.”

“Frank, give the girl a break, she knew we wouldn’t be able to hear her, and she did all she could to try to get our attention,” Mikey said calmly. I nodded in agreement.

“Frank, I really did try,” I added.

“You said he said some unfinished business what does that mean?” Frank asked. I couldn’t hide it form him anymore. I had to tell him about what Nick had done when I was younger. I had the feeling he’d never love me the same way again.

I finished explaining and Frank didn’t say anything. He just got up and went into the back room.

“Frank, you can’t be mad at me for something I didn’t do,” I exclaimed as I stood in front of the bunk area. I went over to the door Frank was behind and tried to open it.

“Frank… please, unlock the door,” I begged. It was no use.

“Please, don’t hurt your self,” I whispered as I walked away from the door.

“Gerard, please tell me you feel better,” I said grabbing his shoulders.

“Okay… Ow… Ow….Ow,” he said. I loosed my grip only to realize he could talk again.

“Hey, I got my voice back,” he said happily.

“Yay. Now can you do the show tonight,” I asked.

“Why?”

“Because…”

“Come on, Dee, don’t tell me you’re not gonna do the show.”

“I can’t! Frank-“

“Oh… Delilah, he’ll get over it just do this tonight okay?”

“Fine.”

“2 minutes,” our manager called. Frank still wasn’t talking to me.

“Good luck, Frank,” I said giving him a hug. For the first time ever he pushed me away. Mostly everyone except Gerard and Kierstyn look at him in shock. I was in shock my self. I had no clue how this would affect my performance, but I wouldn’t show how I felt on stage. I didn’t want everyone to know my personal problems.

Seeing as I just got over drugs and telling everyone my husband hates me, would start horrible rumors. People would start saying I’m going back on drugs and planning to commit suicide, then people would ask me questions and it would all lead down to Frank. I didn’t want to blame everything on Frank. Anything at that. One side of my head was saying he has to stop being mad at me, and the other said was saying he doesn’t have to do anything.

I walked away slowly thinking about how rejected I felt. I hopped this wouldn’t affect the show at all.

“Delilah, what happened out there,” Gerard asked as we walked off stage. I shrugged.

“I don’t know… I just could think and I couldn’t remember the words I tried to give it all I could like I do every show… I don’t know why this happened,” I explained. I opened my water bottle and took a quick sip.

“I think you’re distracted. I noticed every time Frank got close to you, you would stop and stand still,” Kierstyn explained, “I also noticed every time you looked at Frank you would slow words down during songs.”

“So,” Ray said slowly.

“So, Frank is the reason Delilah is distracted,” Kierstyn said.

“I’m not the reason for anything Delilah does on stage,” Frank replied angrily.
I stopped in my tracks and looked at Frank.

“What she does is her problem,” he added, “I don’t care.”

Ashley and Mikey looked back at me. They both had the same expression on. It was that ‘I’m sorry’ expression. I bit my lip and shook my head.

“I’m sorry, Frank! Okay! I’m sorry! I was threatened that I would get killed if I didn’t lie in a bed with some dude from high school! I thought you would want to see me alive the next day, but right now you’re showing me that you would rather had me die. I’m sorry,” I yelled. I ran though my friends and ran down the stair case to get out of the building.

Crying and running was never easy for me. I tripped over my shoes and skipped a few steps but made it out with out falling. But the cold icy ground out side was another obstacle. I slipped and fell once and scrapped my knee but that didn’t slow me down at all.

I got on the bus and locked myself in the bathroom. I used a shirt I left laying in there to absorb the water as I poured it on my knee. I just had to wash it out but it could keep bleeding for all I cared.

Quickly I put on pajama pants and sat the table waiting for the rest to catch up. I wiped away a few tears as I messed around with the paper towel in my hand that I used to wipe my tears… but it was to scratchy and hurt my face. I just looked at the clock… it was 11:10. I put my head down and went to sleep just wishing I could change this.

“Dee,” a familiar voice said. I opened my eyes only to see the man I loved sitting there with a smiled on his face. I sighed and sat up.

“What,” I asked as I ruffled with my bangs.

“I’m sorry… I wasn’t listening to you while you were explaining things… I was just… well… upset by the fact you were almost raped. I promise I’ll listen this time,” He said as he reached for my hand, “I love you.”

Frank’s POV

I told Delilah I’d listen to her. I would, I was all ears. I felt horrible for pushing her away and yelling at her… I didn’t want to make her cry. I knew she was sensitive and the even the wrong tone of voice would set her off. Either she’d cry or she’d get really mad…then cry.

I didn’t like seeing her cry, but I didn’t think she cried too much. I wasn’t tired of hearing her voice, I wasn’t mad at her, I wasn’t gonna stop loving her anytime soon. I wanted to hear what she had to say… but now I had to hope she would say it.

“You weren’t listening before,” she asked. I shook my head shamefully.

“Fine… That guy when he said he had unfinished business to do he meant he wasn’t finished with me. I never told anybody this but Frank, I was raped by him when I was younger. Like… high school… before I met you. He carried a pocket knife with him every where but when I was in his apartment… oh was he too drunk to even realize it was in his pocket in the first place. I just remember trying to get away from him and screaming no. I don’t know how he found me at that privet concert but he did… I couldn’t stop him.

He was too strong. I know you heard me say I screamed for you guys to help me but the music was too loud that you couldn’t hear me. I don’t know what else there is to explain,” she said. I nodded. I knew how he found her there.

(Earlier that day)

“Frank! Frank,” Some one said excitedly. I turned around… a girl came up to me with her brother… he didn’t seem quite right. A little… drunk, maybe?

“What? What,” I excitedly asked back. The girl smiled. As for her brother… he seemed like he could care less.

“I’m Erin… this is Nick,” She said. The smiled was plastered on her face… it probably would be for a while.

“It’s nice to meet you,” I replied shaking their hands.

“She dragged me here, I had no choice,” Nick slurred. Drunk, he was defiantly drunk.

“No… I didn’t drag you here… mom said you had to go,” Erin replied. She turned and looked at me.

“So, where’s Delilah” she asked trying to start a conversation. I just as I was about to say something Nick had to say something.

“Delilah who,” he asked.

“Delilah Iero… well it used to be Jason,” Erin replied, “why?”

Nick just walked off.

“I gotta use the bathroom,” he called back. I smirked.

“Um, I don’t know,” I said answering the question Erin had asked before.

(Present)

“Well, he was taking his sister to the show… that’s why he was there,” I said.

Delilah sighed, “I didn’t know he had a sister,” she mumbled.

“Why does it matter,” I asked. Delilah shrugged.

“Well… he has a sister and he’s there to watch her and he goes and gets drunk and tries to kill me,” she explained. I nodded slowly starting to agree with her.

“He’s very irresponsible,” she added. I smiled and gave Delilah a hug.

“Delilah, I’m sorry for not listening before… I’m sorry for getting mad at you. I’m just sorry,” I whispered. Delilah hugged back tighter.

“You should be,” she whispered. We both laughed a little bit.

“It’s been a long day for both of you… it’s not good for your health go to bed,” Ashley said. Dee and I looked over at Ashley then at each other.

“Yeah, I’m kind of tired,” said Delilah as she got up. Now that I thought about it, I started getting a little tired myself.

“I gonna go to bed,” I said following Delilah. I had to change first. So I did. I came out of the bathroom and everyone was in bed.

I didn’t know it took me that long to change I thought to myself. I crawled in bed and slowly feel asleep.