Sequel: *** Isn't My Case

It Was a Lie When They Smiled

Luck

Ashley’s POV

“Good luck,” I said, kissing Mikey on the cheek.

“Thanks,” he replied, kissing my forehead. I smiled and gave him a hug.

“Mikey, let’s go,” Delilah called as she stood by the stairs to go onstage. I let go of him and gave him a small push.

“Go on.”

He looked back at me as he walked away. Kierstyn walked over to me and sighed. We watched Gerard walk over to Mikey and pat him on his back.

“Alright, let’s get out there and sing Gerard 'Happy Birthday', and have a wicked, awesome show,” Frank yelled excitedly. Birthday boy smiled and stood on the first step up to the stage.

“You guy’s ready?” the band’s manager asked.

“Yeah,” all but Delilah replied.

“And Delilah?” the manager sighed. Dee nodded. Kierstyn and I moved closer to them as Gerard got ready to run on stage.

“Lights,” someone yelled. Suddenly the light’s dimmed and Gerard took a deep breath and ran on stage. He was followed by Delilah, Frank, Bob, Mikey, and Ray, in that order. Kierstyn and I stood at the foot of the three steps to get on the stage and watched them perform.

Kierstyn’s POV

(Half an hour later)

“Does anybody know… what today is,” Gerard asked the crowd. Ash and I heard them scream.

“Excuse me?” he asked. The crowd screamed again.

“It’s my birthday, mother fuckers!"

“On the count on three I want you guys to sing…. As loud as you possibly can, 'Happy Birthday',” said Delilah, “Ready… One.”

“Two,” Gerard continued.

“Three.”

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday, dear Gerard,
Happy birthday to you,
” the crowd sang. I must say they sang quite loud, too.

“That’s what I thought,” Gerard said.

“Happy…fucking… birthday, Gerard Way,” Delilah said. She gave him a hug and they continued with the show.

“How did I know she was gonna say something like that,” Ashley laughed. I shrugged.

“Lucky guess,” I suggested.

“Maybe,” She replied.

Ashley’s POV

“You guys were awesome,” I said, colliding into a hug with Mikey. Kierstyn hugged Gerard and congratulated him but that’s all I saw before Mikey smiled and kissed my lips.

“Don’t forget Delilah,” he whispered. I laughed and hugged Mikey tighter.

“She wouldn’t let me,” I replied.

“No… she wouldn’t let you,” he chuckled a bit.

I sighed, laughing after wards. Then I hugged Mikey even tighter. I seriously didn't want to let him go.

“I love you,” I whispered.

“I love you, too,” he whispered back.

I had to let go of him (damn) to go congratulate Delilah, Ray, Frank, Gerard, and Bob.

I hugged everyone and we headed back to the bus. I sent the five guys off to the showers and told Delilah she'd soon follow. They all smelled like blood, sweat, and tears. And really bad B.O. Touring does that to you.

While they were gone, I called my mom. She lectured me for not calling. I told her that I was sorry and that I'd try to call more often. I'd been so wrapped up in moving from city to city and stuff that I hadn't really had a moment where I felt like dealing with my family.

After I hung up, I grabbed a book and went to read, next to Mikey on the floor. The guys had gotten back when I was on the phone and Delilah was already gone.

I sat beside Mikey and leaned against Gerard's legs and put my head on Mikey's shoulder. I opened my book and propped my elbow on Mikey's knee, to hold the book in front of my face.

"Are you comfortable?" Mikey asked, sarcastically.

"Very much so, thank you," I replied, "The Way brothers are squishy."

I poked Mikey's belly without looking away from my book. He laughed, making me shake a little.

"Be nice," he said. My phone rang from back in my bunk. I didn't want to give up reading about Tom Sawyer kick some other kid's ass, but, if it was my mom again, I'd be in deep shit if I didn't answer.

I groaned and got up, leaving my book with my husband. I didn't know the number but I answered anyway. It may have been some uncle wanting to check up on their, "favorite niece."

"Hello?"