Sequel: *** Isn't My Case

It Was a Lie When They Smiled

Choices

*Ashley’s POV*

Here I am. Sitting here. Doing nothing. And it’s tiring. How is it tiring, you ask? Because it’s fucking exhausting having a full-fledged war gong on in your head.

Tell him! He deserves to know!

But I’m afraid he’ll do something drastic. I was getting a headache as I sat next to Mikey. Actually, I was practically sitting on Mikey. I was curled into his side with my head on his chest and one of my legs half draped over his lap.

But if you don’t, how else are you supposed to get rid of this creep?

Ask nicely?

Oh, yes, because that’s worked so nicely in the past. Look at the shit Delilah’s been through! She didn’t--couldn’t--do it alone.

I looked over at Frank and Delilah, sleeping on the chair across from Mikey and I. Dee was on Frank’s lap with her head on his shoulder as he rested his head on hers. Yes, I admit, they’ve been through a fucking lot of shit together.

But… A thought that had been nestled in the back of my mind the whole time marched up to the front lines. Of course, my bitch of a conscience had to catch it.

Oh, you really are a dumbass, aren’t you? Do you really believe that?

Maybe.

Oh. My. God. It’s times like these that I wonder if you’ve really got a brain in here and not a pile of Jell-O.

You know, you could be a little nicer. My conscience sighed. Yes, it sighed.

Hon, he loves you. He got down on one knee in front of you and asked you if he could spend the rest of his life with you. He’s only 29 years old! That’s a lot of time that he wants to spend with you, and only you. I’d say that’s love. No matter what, he’s gonna be there for you. He won’t desert you.

What if I want him to?

Explain before I kill you.

I don’t want him getting hurt by this psycho bastard. I’d rather him leave me than that.

You know he’d never leave you, right?

Yes. I looked over at Gerard and Kierstyn again, remembered planning my own wedding. Fuck, I’ve got a husband now! Definition of my husband: Mikey Fucking Way, whom I lawfully married and fully, completely love and whom loves me just as much if not more. The man who will stick by me and protect me no matter what.

I snuggled closer into Mikey’s side and I felt his arm tighten around me.

Tell him. If you tell him, things have a 50% chance of getting better and a 50% chance of getting worse. If you don’t tell him you have a 100% chance of getting nowhere. Which, most likely will be a 100% of things getting worse. You understand?

Streetlights flashed across Frank and Dee as they slept, making their clam faces change colors rapidly. Even as they slept, you could feel the love that they have for one another. Their grips tightened on one another as they shifted a bit.

I hate it when you’re right.

And I always seem to be. Just tell him, dumbass. You’re taking pebbles and making them boulders.

What?

You’ll get it later. Now tell him!

“Hey, Mikey,” I sighed.

Mikey smiled down at me.

“Yes, Ashley?” he replied.

Come on. Do it. Do it! Tell him!

“Shut up,” I whispered. Mikey raised his eyebrow in total confusion.

“Oh, not you, darling,” I said looking at him.

Mikey frowned and got a serious look on his face. He rubbed my back and put his face up to mine.

“What’s wrong?” he asked looking dead in my eyes. I couldn’t lie to him. Not again.