Status: Work On When Feels Like it.

Dear Dad...Please Help.

Chop Sticks

They pulled up to the hotel. He got out and walked to the other side. Jade watched intently, it seemed like everything was moving in slow motion. He opened the door, unbuckled and scooped her up hitting the door of the rental car with his hip. He walked up past the clerk at the front desk and into the elevator getting out at the 3rd floor.
He laid her in her bed.
“Hey I know that sweatshirt,” He laughed.
“It’s my favorite one.” She said. That was the first time he had really heard her say anything. Her voice was so little and scared sounding. He realized that he never really got a good look at her until then, he had mostly seen her in the dark. She had his hair, his noise, his mouth and his eyes, except they were a little lighter almost gray. He hair was greasy, really skinny and her skin almost looked like paper.
“Do you wanna take a shower love?” He asked her.
“Yes please,” peeped. “But I have no clothes to change into.” She looked at her feet.
“We can fix that no biggie,” He walked over to his bag and pulled out baggy gym shorts and a t-shirt that surprisingly didn’t have the sleeves cut off. He handed her the clothes and she walked to the bathroom, she was still weak, but the doze in the car seem to give her some strength back.

While she was in the shower he ordered Chinese food.

The shower was one of the best she had in a longtime, it was warm and comforting. She didn’t want to get out, but she figured enough was enough when Her dad knocked on the door to check on her. she reluctantly turned off the shower, dried off and got dressed.
She walked out, to see matt at the door paying a man. He grabbed the back and closed the door.
“I got us some food. I figured you where hungry.” She nodded and padded her way to little table. “chinese food okay?”
“I’ve never had it.”
“First time for everything, eh?” he grabbed her a plate. “Help yourself.” She grabbed the food and turned and sat down. She watched him as he used sticks to eat with his food.
“Do you normally use those to eat?” She asked shaky.
“Haha,” he laughed, “No they’re just fun. But people in china use them normally.” He smiled.
“oh,” was all she said.
“You want to learn how to use them?” He looked at her. She nodded.
“Yes please. If you don’t mind.” He shook his head and stood up, the sudden movement mad her jump.

Matt looked at the startled girl, he should probably learn to more gentle around her. He looked through the bag to find another pair. He took them out of the wrapper and gentally grabbed her hand.
“You hold them like this” She showed her placing the chopsticks in her hand. and you squeez your hands and the close together,” she did it but the chop sticks fell out of her hand. she looked disappointed. “Don’t worry it takes practice. Matt watched as she tried again, she just couldn’t grab the food. She put them down.
“Sweetie don’t give up. You almost had it.” He encouraged her. In about 5 minutes she had it down.
“Did you like the food?” She nodded. “that’s good.” He smiled. She stood up when matt did. “Let me take that, you go down and rest, you need it.” She quietly walked to the bed she was on earlier. Matt came over pulled the covers back and she slid inside. he pulled them over her and tucked her in.
“Night sweet heart, i love you.” He looked her in the eyes.
“I love you to.” He kissed her forehead and went in the bathroom to change.