Status: Please read and leave a comment!!

Whispering Time Away

A Whole New World: Part 1

Her atoms soared through a seemlessly endless tunnel, which had rainbow swirls around it.

Different years showed up and each with a tunnel.

1999.

2000.

2001.

2002.

No, her atoms were going the wrong way. She wanted to go into the past.

Her atoms changed their direction.

2002.

2001.

2000.

1999.

1998.

Her atoms came together once again, and she was herself again. She shook her head, not believing anything that she was seeing. But as if something possessed her, she walked into the 1998 tunnel.

As the fog of the tunnel cleared, she saw twelve more tunnels. Each was labeled with a month.

January.

February.

March.

April.

May.

June.

July.

She ran through the July tunnel faster then she had went through the 1998 tunnel. She knew she was one step closer to seeing her mom again.

Tears came to her eyes as she thought of her mom, happy ones and sad ones.

She wiped her eyes on her sleeve.

'I'm coming mom.' she thought.

As she predicted, there were 30 tunnels, one for each day of July.

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

11.

12.

13.

14.

15.

16.

17.

18.

19.

20.

'Finally.' she thought as she reached the 20th tunnel. She ran through it, as if her mom was calling to her to come inside for dinner, like she used to.

She didn't just pick the 20th randomly. She had picked it for a reason.

It was her mom's 40th birthday, just a year before she would die.

She wanted to change the past, so in turn, she could change the future.

She couldn't imagine a future as worse as it already was.

She couldn't make her future more terrible than it already was, could she?
♠ ♠ ♠
Please leave a comment.