Status: Active....but slow, sorry

Angel vs. Demon

Angel vs. Demon 5

The next day was extremely awkward. Gage was obviously not happy I was here, James was talking like the wind, and Sam was getting annoyed with James talking so much and the tense atmosphere. I was looking at the ground trying to make it all go away.

During class I decided to go to the bathroom. I walked down the hall and sighed with relief. Sam was getting really ticked at James and it was starting to show. I walked into the boy’s bathroom and spotted smoke coming from around the corner. I turned to see Gage smoking a cigarette.

My face went pale and he looked up at me. He didn’t say anything just stared at me and blew smoke into my face. I coughed and waved it away from my face. “What are you lookin’ at?” He hissed. I shook my head “sorry!” I managed to say without stuttering.

I walked over to the urinal and just stood there. I could feel his eyes on me like a hawk. I looked at him just barely and he was still staring at me. “Y-yes?” I managed to squeak out. He puffed out more smoke and shuffled his foot a bit but didn’t take his eyes from me. “Nothing,” He said.

I couldn’t go with him staring at me, it was too awkward. “S-smoking is b-bad,” I said trying to take my mind off his piercing stare while I went. “So? Who are you? My mother?” I bit my lip “sorry,” I whispered.

I finished and washed my hands, he was still staring at me. I turned to him “I-is something wrong?” I asked. “What do you think?” He hissed. I jumped slightly “s-sor-”
“Stop apologizing!” He yelled. I jumped again and slinked back.

He walked towards me and I walked backwards running into the wall. He pressed his body against mine roughly and glared at me. “I don’t like you and never will.” His words were so shallow but hurt like a thousand knives.

He got off me and pressed his cigarette against the wall next to my head putting it out. He tossed the bud into the trash and walked out. I slid to the ground and let tears fall from my eyes. I don’t know why those words hurt so much but they did.

My phone vibrated and I pulled it out. I had gotten a text from Sam. You’re taking an awful long time. Everything okay in there? I sighed and texted her back that I was coming. I wiped my eyes off on my jacket and grabbed the pass walking off to class.

“Hmmmmm this is very strange,” Sam said pulling the cherry loli pop out of her mouth. I licked my blue berry loli pop like a little kid for a few seconds then popped it into my mouth. “I know! I don’t understand it at all,” I said.

She smiled “maybe you like him!” She said. I smacked her head softly. “No!” I said. She laughed and pretended to be hurt. “Maybe I was just scared and I thought it was depression,” I said. Sam giggled and patted my shoulder. “What ever stops the tears at night,” She said.

I lay back on my bed and sighed. “He’s so scary and his friend is so weird! And now they want to hang out with us! UGH FML!!!” I said flailing my arms and legs around like a kid.

Sam laughed and jumped onto the bed happily. “Come on calm down!” she said hitting me with my pillow. “We need to think about this, suppose you DID like Gage and suppose James DID like you, what should we do?” She said sitting normally. I rolled my head onto her lap and sighed.

“I don’t know,” I said. She thought for a second. “Well if you liked him and his bud wants you to hang with them and get closer then you should take advantage of that without taking advantage of James,” she said.

I turned to her “are you saying hang with them more? You do know we are hypothetically speaking about me liking him right?” I said. She nodded and smiled “well what if you do like him and you just can’t tell yet, wouldn’t it help to hang out with them?”

I squinted me eyes at her “but he hates me and I DON’T like him.” She shook her head. “Come on just try, maybe you’ll thank me for this some day.” I rolled back to face the ceiling and sighed “maybe, I guess we could try,” I said blushing. She squealed and hugged me happily.

My mom walked in smiling. “Dinner is ready you two,” She said. I smiled back to her. “Okay!” We said in unison. She shut the door and I sat up. Sam smiled to me. “Aren’t you just excited that your dad is gone on a business trip?” she said. I nodded happily “yep and for half a year too!” I said high fiving her.

My mom was extremely sweet and a really awesome mom, but my dad who is a homophobe and an alcoholic beats my mom and me, but she’s too afraid to divorce him since he’s unstable. Sam knows all about him and has even threatened to call child protective services when she came to our house and he had given me a broken rib.

I watched as Sam went down stairs before me. I stayed sitting on my bed thinking. Gage’s face popped into my head and all new thoughts came to mind. Not one of them was fear. I stood up then suddenly his cold glare came back and I shivered. “What should I do?” I whispered and walked down stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
keep reading do whatever live life like you know you should LOUD!