Status: Active....but slow, sorry

Angel vs. Demon

Angel vs. Demon 9

~*~James’ POV~*~

I quickly sped down the street and was parked in Gage’s drive way before I was even conscious of what happened. I banged my head hard on the steering wheel. God! I can’t believe I just asked him out! I stopped banging my head when I heard tapping on my window. I turned to see Gage standing there waiting for me.

I turned the car off and stepped out onto the hard drive way. He stared at me but said nothing. Even though I know I looked like a real downer. “Come on, I rented a few movies and got a bag of popcorn in the microwave.” I nodded with a sad smile and followed him inside.

We sat down on his couch as he popped in a movie, but instead of playing it he hid the remote in the couch cushions. Oh this boy knows me too well. “What’s wrong?” He asked. I crossed my legs on the couch and sighed. “I don’t wanna talk about it, just play the movie.” He stared at me and I looked away. “No!” I said stubbornly. He continued to stare me down but I refused.

I lunged for the remote but he knocked me down onto the floor pinning me down. “Tell me!” He yelled. I bit my lip “alright I asked him out!” I yelled back. I looked at him and he gave me a surprised look and started to shake me. “You moron! It’s too early!” He yelled. I clutched to his arms and he stopped shaking me.

“I know…he didn’t answer me and I booked it out of there.” He sighed and sat down on the couch again with an ‘oomph’. “You realize you may have just ruined your chance with him don’t you?” I leaped onto the couch and sighed. “All too well,” I said.

We sat quietly and awkwardly for some time not wanting to turn on the movie. “So what are you going to do if he rejects you?” He asked breaking the silence. I thought for a few seconds. “I’ll probably kill myself.” I got whacked in the head.

“Ooooouuuuch!” I said rubbing my head. He ran his hand through his hair and leaned back on the couch arm. “I don’t see what you see in him so much, he annoys me.”
“I know!” I said hitting him with a pillow. He growled at me and started to hit me with the other pillow and we started getting into a massive pillow fight till we accidentally let go of the pillows and they flew across the room.

We looked from each other to the pillows. “I’m too lazy to go get mine, can you get it for me?” I said. Gage scoffed and rolled his eyes smirking. “What makes you think I’m not lazy?” He asked. We both started laughing then I threw some popcorn at him. He just kept his mouth open trying to catch some in his mouth. Utter failure.

I stretched purposely trying to hit him with my foot but he dodged. “So why do you hate him so much?” I asked. He looked at me confused a few seconds then remembered. “Oh the kid…. don’t know,” He shrugged. I threw more popcorn at him. “How can you hate him for no good reason?” I asked sitting up.

He didn’t answer only seemed to think about it. I squinted at him “tell me something Gage what are you thinking of right now?” I asked. He seemed to snap awake but shook his head. “Nothing important,” He said. I kept squinting at him till he noticed. “What?” He asked. “Tell me,” I said. He rolled his eyes “I was wondering where those two always got those loli pops from,” He said.

I thought about it and now that he mentions it I do remember a few occasions where they had loli pops. We started thinking about it for a while but gave up. I sighed with relief, “Man and I thought you were thinking about the kid for a second there, I don’t know what I’d do if you liked him also.” He just gave me a blank stare but took a handful of popcorn and stuffed it in his mouth and started playing the movie.

~*~Gage’s POV~*~

I heard a car pull up and I knew it could only be one person. I jumped off the couch putting the microwave popcorn in and opened the door only to see James hitting his head on the steering wheel. I was seriously rubbing off on this kid.

He seemed to slow down a bit and think. I walked to his car side waiting for him to notice but to no prevail. I tapped on his window and he noticed me. He turned the car off and stepped out. The feeling around him was dark but he didn’t look like he needed lecturing at this moment. Eh I’ll give him 2 minutes then I’ll ask.

“Come on, I rented a few movies and got a bag of popcorn in the microwave.” He gave me a small smile. God what killed his spirit? I turned and walked in, he heavily followed behind me. I told him he could sit on the couch and he did. I poured the popcorn into a bowl and watched him sit there sighing.

I walked over and grabbed The Hangover putting the bowl of popcorn in the middle of the coffee table and put the movie in. I walked to the couch and grabbed the remote hiding it. I knew him well enough that if he didn’t want to talk about something he produced a distraction.

“What’s wrong?” I asked. He didn’t look me in the eyes, he only curled up into himself on the couch. “I don’t wanna talk about it.” I just stared at him, it always seemed to make him break. He looked away “No!” He yelled back. I continued to stare at him, I know he could feel it piercing into his back too.

He lunged at the cushions I hid the remote in and my arms flung out knocking him to the floor between the coffee table and the couch. I had him pinned so he wasn’t going anywhere.

“Tell me!” I demanded. He bit his lip “alright I asked him out!” He yelled back. Him? You mean him? That kid? I looked at him shocked. I grabbed his arms and started to shake him “You moron! It’s too early!” I yelled but I couldn’t really tell if that was what I wanted to say.

He grabbed my arms and I let him go. “I know…he didn’t answer me and I booked it out of there.” I looked at him surprised. I stood up and sat back down on the couch. “You realize you may have just ruined your chance with him don’t you?” He jumped onto the couch and turned to the TV. “All too well.”

We sat awkwardly, I wasn’t sure whether to start the movie or not. “So what are you going to do if he rejects you?” I asked trying to stop the silence. He thought for a few seconds. “I’ll probably kill myself,” He said. I smacked him in the back of the head. He better freaking not!

“Ooooouuuuch!” He whined. I ran my fingers through my hair. “I don’t see what you see in him so much, he annoys me.” He wasn’t the type James normally went for, he went for the I don’t know…horny type. “I know!” He yelled and I got hit in the face with a couch pillow.

I growled peeling it off my face. I hit him with my pillow and we got into a pillow fight, no matter how girly it sounds it sure as heck wasn’t girly. All up until we threw them across the room then we got too lazy to go get them.

He threw popcorn at me, which I tried to catch in my mouth, but didn’t catch one piece, jeez. “So why do you hate him so much?” It took me a few seconds to realize who he was talking about. I mean I hated a lot of people so I kinda forgot who was who. “Oh the kid…. don’t know,” I said.

He threw more popcorn at me but this time I didn’t try and catch it in my mouth and got pegged in the forehead. “How can you hate him for no good reason?” I truthfully didn’t know either. I hated the feeling he gave me, it made me weak and I hate being weak. I wanted him as far away from me as possible.

Suddenly the memory of him looking up at me crying seemed to come to mind. I shivered but I couldn’t get it out of my head. “Tell me something Gage what are you thinking of right now?” His voice seemed to snap me awake. Oh shit! Think up some excuse! “Nothing important,” I said. That’ll buy me a few seconds. Loli pops!

I pretended not to notice his squinting at me. Shit had he noticed? I turned to him confused “what?” I asked. “Tell me.” I rolled my eyes and sighed. “I was wondering where those two always got those loli pops from,” I answered fakely though it did confuse me slightly, where did they come from.

He seemed to buy it, which got me out of that trouble. He sighed happily, “Man and I thought you were thinking about the kid for a second there, I don’t know what I’d do if you liked him also.” I looked at him confused. Me? Like the kid? Hell no!…hmmm maybe it was possible, he seemed my type, though I didn’t technically have a type, just a few types of guys I dated more than other types.

I punched in the play button and we started to watch the movie but I couldn’t concentrate my mind was stuck on that boy. Damn it! James I will kill you for these thoughts! The movie ended but James had fallen asleep. What the crap man? Go to your own house and sleep! We aint a motel!

I sat on the couch staring at the ceiling, thinking. Yes of the kid! Before any of you ask. I thought about it and hard. The kid and me? Nah I hate him too much, plus I don’t want some guy that makes me weak, wait isn’t that a sign? No! I can’t do that to James! I don’t care what I feel for the kid it won’t get in the way of James! I rolled over on the couch and closed my eyes. I let out a long sigh and went to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another keep reading there is a reason it's the rating it is tell me what you think blah blah blah so on and so forth