I Just Want You

The mysterious band

We had just landed in Sheffield. Dylan was still pretty upset about having to leave everyone and everything behind in LA, but I was surprisingly moved on pretty quickly. Sure I was sad to leave all my friends behind, but most of them were in bands, so that meant I would see them again someday. And that was all the comfort I needed... well that and the fact that I knew I was going to be with Dylan. If it were just my dad and I coming here, then I definitely would have been upset. My dad loved me and all, we usually got along very well. But Dylan was always the favorite, and he didn't like my career choice at all. He thought comic books were a waste of my time, I was smart, young, and attractive, I shouldn't have been wasting my time on things like that in his eyes. I knew that since Dylan was here that he wouldn't bother be about it as much, because he would be busy with work and her.

“Where is he?”

I looked up at Dylan. She was looking over and around people, “who?”

She looked back at me, “Dad.”

“I thought he was going to get us a cab?” I said as I too started to look for him.

“Was he?”

“I was,” Dad chuckled as he came up behind us, “come on.”

We both did as we were told and followed him out of the airport. I was happy that I had worn my favorite bomber leather jacket, it was quite cold here. We all piled into the cab and Dad gave the man directions to our new home.

Dad and Dylan had a conversation with the cabbie for the whole ride. I just looked out the window the entire time. It really was a beautiful place, albeit colder then I was used to. But I was pretty sure I could get used to that quickly.

The ride there flew by, it seemed like we had arrived there in mere minutes. I was slightly taken back when I saw our new house. It was much bigger then any we had lived in before. It was beautiful, which was fitting seeing as it was a beautiful place. The house was two stories high, it had two garage doors, a little bit of gardening had been done, and we actually had a large lawn! We hadn't had a decant lawn like this before.

“What do ya think?” dad asked as he dropped our carry on bags at our feet, and the cab drove off.

“It's amazing.” I grinned and gave him a hug, “we have a freakn' lawn!”

Dylan laughed at my excitement, “it's really nice, Dad.”

“Good, I was worried you two might not like it,” he too was grinning now, “lets go check out the inside, shall we?”

He dangled the keys in front of my face. I grabbed then and sprinted to the door excitedly. I was bouncing on the balls of my feet as I unlocked the door. Aside from all the cluttered boxes in the front room, the inside definitely matched the out, the place was great. I started to run here and there, looking at all the rooms, as my dad and Dylan came into the house.

Dad grabbed my arm before I ran up the stairs, “at least take your shoes off before you get the entire place dirty.”

“Oh... yeah.” I chuckled as I knelt down to untie my old black high tops, “this place is amazing! Dylan, you should see the kitchen! Talk about fancy.”

“I'll take your word for it.” she slid off her shiny black pumps, “you're awful excited.”

“Of course I am! Have you seen this place? We have a huge lawn!” I finally got both my shoes off and darted up the stairs to find my room. I knew the movers had already put all our furniture in the house, so it was just a batter of finding my bed so I knew where to drag all my stuff.

When I finally found my room, I liked what I saw. The walls were white and my bed and shelves were going to have to be rearranged, but I was more then happy with the room. I was going to have to do something about the walls soon though. White drove me crazy, I needed stuff to look at and lots of colour.

I left my new room to find Dylan. I was a little calmer now that some of the novelty was wearing off. When I found her she was in her new room sitting on the bed, looking at her hands.

“hay D... is everything alright?” I asked as I sat down next to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

“yeah I just miss home, ya know?”

I nodded. I didn't really miss home all that much though, “do you want me to help you carry all your boxes up here?”

“Yeah... thanks Ani.” she smiled as she got up.

We both made our way back downstairs to the front room where all the boxes were waiting for us. Dad was sitting in a chair and just hung up his phone when we entered the room.

“Don't bother with those now, we're going to a meeting.” he smiled as he got up and grabbed his jacket.

“We?” Dylan asked, quirking an eyebrow quizzically.

“Yes, we, I want you guys to meet the band.”

That sent both Dylan and I racing to the door to put our shoes on, once again. We were both very curious about who the band was. For some reason or another our father had refused to tell us who they were.

I took the longest, but I still rushed to get my chucks on. Once I was done we excited the house and got in our new car, our father in the drivers seat. And we were on our way to meet this mysterious band.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! It didnt take as long as I thought it would for me to get my part out ^-^

I really hope it was okay!