I Just Want You

Tell me darling, do you wish we were in love?

I offered to do all the laundry when we got home, which Dylan gladly agreed to. I knew she didn’t like doing it. And I didn’t really care, it was something that needed to be done, and I didn’t want to argue about who was going to do it.

As soon as we got in the door I made my way to the bathroom where the washer and dryer were, and dropped all my bags on the ground, Dylan did the same.

“Thanks Ani,” she grinned before leaving me to it.

I began taking all the tags and stickers off of everything, which was quite the task. I heard the front door open a few minutes later. I hoped I would finish quickly so I could chill with Matt. We seemed to be moving in a direction that I was happy about. There was no way that I was going to make the first move though. I had done that before, and it was never happening again. If Matt liked me back, he’d tell me… or one of the guys might. Either way I wasn’t sharing my feelings with him, only to have him not talk to me for three or more months. That was a very bad experience.

“What are you doing in here?” the familiar cheery voice of Matt drifted into the room before he did

“I’m de-tagging and stickering everything, and then I’m gonna wash everything,” I explained as I grabbed another pair of pants, “wanna help?”

“Not really,” he sighed as he sat by me on the floor, “but I wouldn’t be a very good friend if I just left you here to do it alone.”

“You don’t have to, you could just keep me company.”

“But this’ll go faster if I help.”

“True, but-“

“No! I’m helping, be happy.”

I giggled signifying my defeat, “if you insist.”

He grinned, “I do.”

The whole process didn’t take very long with him helping. But sorting everything still took a while, mostly because I decided to just sort all the dirty laundry as well. It made sense to get it all done at once. Matt complained about how boring the whole process was, but stayed and helped all the same. And for that I was grateful.

We found Oli and my sister cuddling on the couch watching some ghost show on Discovery Channel. Oli looked to be enjoying it, but Dee was practically burying her face in Oli’s side.

Matt and I looked at each other, as if we had the same thought. We quietly made our way up to the lovebirds and jumped out from behind the couch, yelling ‘boo!’ like a couple of 5-year-olds.

Dylan screamed bloody murder, while Oli, Matt and I hysterically laughed. Dylan glared at us all, and pouted. She wouldn’t stay angry long. There was a knock at the door as we all began to calm down.

“You two suck,” she stated simply as she got up to answer the door.

Seconds later Tom entered the room behind Dylan, a plate in his hands, “mum told me to bring these, she just made them.”

He uncovered the plate to reveal the best-looking chocolate muffins I had ever scene. Matt and I dove to get the biggest ones. Oli just chuckled and waited for us to choose, he was probably used to having amazing baked goods by the looks of these.

I bit into it and couldn’t stop the slight moan of pleasure, it was definitely the best muffin I had ever had, ever! I looked at Tom, “what’s in them?”

“I think it’s some kind of cream cheese whipped stuff with chocolate chips in it… she was experimenting and told me to try them out on my friends.” Tom grinned at me.

“And by the sounds of your moaning they’re another success.” Oli chuckled as he took a bite of his.

“Of course they are,” Matt said with his mouth full, “everything your mum bakes is amazing.”

“Well I look forward to trying more of her baked experiments.” Dylan grinned as she finished her muffin.

“I second that,” I agreed.

The five of us ended up talking and watching the ghost show while I waited for the clothes to finish washing.

I got up with as sigh, when I heard the buzzer.

“You don’t need me to help do you?” Matt asked, giving me a puppy dog look.

I smiled, “I told you earlier that I didn’t.”

“I’ll help you!” Tom said as he eagerly got up and followed me into the bathroom.

“Thanks,” I smiled as he unloaded the clothes from the washer into the dryer, so I could put more clothes into the washer.

“No problem,” he flashed me that Sykes signature smirk and turned on the dryer.

And that’s when it happened. The butterflies went off in my stomach. Did I like Tom? No, I couldn’t… could I?
♠ ♠ ♠
Anakins outfit

Thanks to KillingBarbie for commenting! And thanks to everyone who’s subscribed ^-^