I Just Want You

Hang Out Until Show Time

Dylan POV

Once Dad and our bus driver Zack boarded the bus we were all ready to start the driving; Zack is about 30, dark brown messy hair, brown eyes, heavily tattooed, 6”1’, and muscular. Even through he looks tough on the outside he is one of the nicest and sweetest guys I’ve met; he’s funny, playful, sweet, and he has a big heart. I could so see him being mine and Ani’s personal body guard if we ever need one.

The first show was at O2 Academy Brixton; so it’s just over a 3 hour drive which isn’t all that long. The guys went before us so they could get to the venue and set setting everything up and do a sound check before tonight’s show; I didn’t know what to aspect tonight but I couldn’t wait to watch the guys. Lee told my sister and I that they were a very active band on stage and that the fans go hard; I was a bit nervous at that, I was not a fan of the mosh pit.

After I picked out my bunk, I was on the right side in the middle; I headed into the back of the bus. If I was going to be stuck on the bus for over 3 hours that I might as well get some work done; I grabbed my iPod, design journals, pencils and phone before making myself comfy on the couch.

I was working on a black dress while listening to my iPod; right now I was listening to some Guns N Roses songs. After about an hour of drawing my phone starting ringing loudly; I paused my iPod and looked at who was calling me. A smile formed on my lips when I saw it was Alex Gaskarth from All Time Low; we’re really good friends, we go way back.

“Hey Alex!” I greeted him cheerfully as I set my journal and pencil aside; I hadn’t talked to him for ages so I was going to give him my full attention.

“Hi Dylan, what’s up baby girl?” He replied to my just as cheerfully; baby girl was a nickname of mine. A lot of my friends call me that; because most of them are older then me and they just see me as their girl, I don’t mind through.

“Nothing much just sitting on the bus and working on some designs; what about you?” I told him; I had sent most of my friends an email a few days ago, just telling them what was going on.

“Nothing… just thought I would give you a call and see what you’re up too, I miss you heaps” He told me and I could just see him pouting right now; Ani had this idea that he was going to ask me out if we didn’t have to move to Sheffield. I wasn’t to sure on that but a lot of people agreed with Ani; even the rest of All Time Low told me the same thing.

“Aww I miss you too… I miss all the guys; can you give them my love please?” I asked but I knew he would; he would probably do most things if I asked him too.

“Sure I will… so I hear that you’re dating this Oliver guy? The screamer for the band your Dad’s managing; are you sure that’s such a good idea Dee?” He asked his voice was filled with concern and what I think was anger; but I think I’m just hearing things.

“Alex I know how it sounds; I know that I said I would never mix business with pleasure again… but Oliver is different and I really like him. He’s a good guy so you have nothing to worry about” I reassured him crossing my legs and leaning back into the comfy couch more.

“Dee you know I’m always going to worry about you; all the guys worry about you. And I trust your instinct but I want you to promise me that if he hurts you in any way; then you’ll call me and tell me” He told me in a serious voice; something you hardly ever hear from Alex.

“I promise Alex; but Oliver isn’t going to hurt me alright. So… have you found anyone yet?” I asked him poking at the black leather couch; it was just so soft and comfortable. I could so sleep on here; well if it was a bit wider.

“Nah no ones caught my eye yet” He said and then pretended to cry; all that did was make me burst out laughing, which in the end caused him to laugh along with me. No matter what mood I was in Alex could always make me smile or laugh; he could always lighten my mood.

“Well I’m sure a girl will catch your eye sooner or later; that is if you decide to be less picky” I giggled thinking back to all the times we would go out and we would scout around for girls; he never really talked to any girls because he kept picking at them and comparing them.

“Oh shh you… at least I always have you as my back up” I said happily making me roll my eyes; we had gotten drunk last year and made a promise to each other. If we both ended up alone then we would marry each other; it sounded like a good idea at the time.

“Oh wow Alex… you sure know how to make a girl feel special and loved” I joked while playing with my hair; I twirled it around my finger, it was just a habit of mine.

“Don’t you know it Dee; it’s a special gift that I have. But in all seriousness I do love you Dylan… and so do the guys” He told me and it slightly sounded like he threw that last part on at the last minute; but again I could just be over thinking this.

“And I love you lot too” I smiled before talking to him for a bit longer until he had to go; we said our goodbyes and hung up. I collected up my stuff and walked through the bus; I dumped my stuff into my bunk before walking into the front.

Dad was riding up front with Zack while Ani was sitting at the booth using her laptop; I sat next her after grabbing a bottle of orange juice from the little fridge. She smiled at me before I heard her computer beep; she must be on MSN or some form of personal messenger. I looked over to see she was talking to Tom; the guys were at the venue and doing their sound check, meaning Tom was bored. I watched as they talked for a bit longer until my phone rang; I just received a new text message from Oliver, I couldn’t help the smile that formed on my lips.

“Hi love, just wanted to check up on you and make sure you’re alright… so is everything alright? How’s the bus so far? I’ve just finished doing my sound check but the guys are still playing” He said and I replied straight away.

“Hey Oliver, everything is great and the bus is amazing! Although I have to get used to walking around on a moving bus… I don’t think we’re that far away from the venue anyway so we’ll be there soon” I wrote and hit the send button.

“Oh thank God for that! I’ve been missing you like crazy and I can’t wait until I can show you around the venue; everything is set up now and it looks brilliant.” I received his message a few seconds later.

“And I’m missing you as well; I bet the venue looks awesome just don’t let me loose because I will start changing the set, blame the designer in me. Oh we’re just pulling into the city now; so we should be there shortly” I told him and went back to watching Ani and Tom’s conversation.

I giggled as I was lifted off of the ground by two strong and heavily tattooed arms; I was spun around a few times before my feet finally landed back on the ground. I turned around to see Oliver smiling down at me; I smiled back at him as he leaned closer to me. He pulled me closer to his body as his lips met mine; my eyes fluttered shut as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

As we pulled apart I saw Mattie walking towards my sister; I was planning on staying where I was and watching them but it seems that Oliver had other ideas. He laced his fingers with mine and led me into the venue; we went through the back doors so he showed my around the back area first.

I waved to Jona, Tom, Matt and Lee when I was shown around their dressing room; then I was brought onto the stage and I was just blown away. The stage was huge but got smaller with all the equipment set up; the floor area was massive and I could just picture it filled with screaming fans.

“This is amazing Oliver” I breathed out as my eyes wandered all over the room; I didn’t want to miss a thing. Sure I’ve been backstage at a show before but I’ve never been on the stage with no one here yet; it just looked so big empty.

He smiled down at me as he took me into his arms; he kissed me sweetly before we headed back to the dressing room. By now everyone was in there hanging out; Ani and Dad included. Oliver made himself comfy on one of the couches before gently pulling me down onto his lap; he wrapped his arms low around my waist as I leaned my back onto his chest. His fingers played with the top of my jeans as I laid my head on his shoulder; I rested my hands on his forearms as I watched Jona strum on his guitar. I wished I had enough talent to be able to play an instrument; Ani is amazing at piano where as I suck at all instruments.

“So we just hang out until its show time?” Ani asked out aloud meaning anyone can answer here; if that was the case that I knew the guys would find something to do, hopefully it’s nothing dangerous.

“Yeah we just have to wait now” Jona said looking around at the other guys; I noticed they all smiled at each other. My eyes locked onto my sister’s as we shared a worried look.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dylan's Objects

Comment! We love getting them.