I Just Want You

That certainly does make things easier

Lunch with Tom was really nice. Very insightful. I was definitely going to take Toms advice and stop whatever was happening with Mattie. It wasn’t fare to either to us. I liked Mattie a lot, but I liked Tom more. Even if Tom didn’t like me back. I could deal with that.

I couldn’t find Matt to tell him I wanted to stop what we were doing. I didn’t think we were dating, so I didn’t quite know what I was stopping. I just hoped it didn’t affect our friendship.

I was hanging out with the roadies as they set up the merch tables. Bruce and I just sat and watched as Tim, Johnny, and a new guy that I hadn’t met yet named Charlie. Charlie was very nice, and a little odd. He had the most amazing glasses, the first thing he actually said to me was: ‘yes these are real.”

“Hay, Batman,” I looked over at Bruce, “I’m bored.”

“Batman?” Bruce looked at me questioningly, and grinned, “me too Lord Vader.”

I grinned, “that’s probably the best nickname I’ve ever been given.”

“I think Batman is the best I’ve ever been given too,” Bruce laughed, “I take it you like Star Wars?”

“Are you kidding, she practically fiends it,” Tom laughed as he joined us.

Batman and I exchanged a knowing glance. It only took me a moment to come up with a random nickname for Tom, “He Who Must Not Be Named.”

Everyone started laughing, except Tom. He just looked at us all in confusion, and sat on the table with Batman and I. his hand grazed mine, and my stomach did a back flip. His hands were soft and warm. I couldn’t help but start to imagine his hands in other places then on mine.

“That’s too long, nicknames are supposed to be short,” Charlie chuckled, pulling me out of my thoughts, “how bout Voldy?”

“Ah, yeah,” I agreed, a slight blush was starting to rise up on my face, “that’ll work.”

“Hay, Tom!” a voice called from behind us.

We all turned to see Lee, waving at us, “I’m going on a lunch run for everyone, can you help me?”

“Sure,” Tom called, and then turned to us, “what do you guys want?”

The guys told him they didn’t really care, and with that Tom left to help Lee. I watched him leave. Why did I have to like him so much? Things were going well with Matt, why couldn’t I just be happy with him?

“Are you two dating?” Tim’s voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

I shook my head, “nope… why?”

“You just seem like you should be,” he shrugged.

“You’re seeing Matt right?” Johnny asked as he finished arranging the t-shits.

I shook my head again, “it’s complicated.”

“Well… we’ve got time,” Charlie smiled, “explain.”

I looked at all of them for a moment before diving into the story. I trusted them for some reason. We were quickly becoming good friends. They all reminded me so much of my friends back home. There was something comforting about every one of them, not matter how loud and odd they might be.

At the end of my story the guys all had a slightly happy look on their faces. I got the feeling that they knew something I didn’t. it was a little creepy.

“I know something that’s hopefully going to make this a lot easier for you,” Charlie proclaimed happily, “I saw Mattie necking with some random girl after the show yesterday.”

“Oh,” my eyes got wide with shock, “that… certainly does make things easier.”

And it did. It didn’t feel to great, but it made the fear of hurting Matt go away. I now wanted him to be hurt. How could he lead me on like that, and then go off with some random girl?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to everyone who’s commented so far :) you guys are the best!