I Just Want You

You alright Ani?

It had gotten dark and Dylan still hadn't come home. I was beyond worried about her. She hadn't called to tell us where she was going, and when we tried to call her her phone was dead. I couldn't imagine what had happened to her. Well that was a lie, I could imagine lots of things that could have happened to her. All of which went good. I was getting so worked up I felt like I was going to puke. Tom was trying to help me calm down by sitting with me in the living room and rubbing small circles on my back. It was slightly helping, but not very much.

“I'm gonna go drive around and see if I can find her,” Oli said as he came into the room, “you wanna come with me?”

I nodded as I jumped up and looked at Tom, “thanks.”

he shyly smiled as I rushed out of the room to grab my coat and shoes. Oli was waiting in his car when I exited the house. We silently drove around everywhere looking for Dylan, occasionally bouncing ideas of where she could be off each other.

“What if she's off in a ditch somewhere, and some ho-bows with scabies decided to rape her, and eat her carcass?” I asked seriously.

Oli's eyes went wide as he glanced over at me briefly, “are you serious about that question?”

“Yeah... it could happen...”

He burst out laughing, “think about what you just said, and you'll realize how unlikely that is to happen.”

I slightly smiled, “I guess you're right.”

“I know I am,” he stated proudly, “Dee's gonna be fine Ani, trust me.”

I nodded, “thanks Oli.”

We drove around for another hour before we finally gave up and decided to go back to the house. I rested my head against the window as we drove back. I felt like I had failed my sister. She was probably in some alleyway getting raped and brutally murdered. I looked up from the road and saw the most beautiful thing in my life. Dylan's car parked in a random parking lot.

I squealed, “Oli! Stop the car!”

“Why? What happened?” he exclaimed as he looked around wildly.

“Dylan's car was in the parking lot back there!”

Oli quickly pulled a U-turn and flu into the parking lot. As soon as the was stopped Oli was out of the car and running to Dylan, tackling her into a hug. I had to put the car in park. I was no longer scared, now I was mad. I just sat in the car and pouted as they hugged and Oli led Dylan to the car.

They both got in the car, looking quite pleased. Oli more so then Dylan. I just crossed my arms and looked ahead at the building that Oli was backing away from. Oli seemed to notice my sour look.

“You alright Ani?” he asked, concern in his tone.

“No.” I said simply, hoping he wouldn't push it. There were few things that could make me angry, but when it came to the safety of my family I was easily set off. And the fact that Dylan had been near a building and could have called to say she was alright, severally pissed me off.

Dylan sighed, “I'm sorry I didn't call Ani, my phone died.”

I kept quiet. I knew I would start angrily rambling on about ho-bows raping her, and all the other horrible things I had dreamed up. So my mouth stayed shut the whole ride home.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks to everyone who's subscribed and commented!