Status: Give it time.. Comments deeply loved!!!

Lie to Me

Chapter Twenty Three

"By the looks of things Miss Swan you are lucky to be alive." Doctor Wright said as he came into my room. "Any normal person couldn't sustain this amount of damage and be alive, and you, you are almost healed."

"What are you saying, Doc? I'm not human." I chuckled from my bed causing Jake at my bedside to smirk.

"No,no." Wright mumbled, a blush crawling on his neck. "A medical miracle and mystery is all."

Wright was my doctor because with whatever happened last year, Charlie still wasn't happy with the Cullens. "So am I ok to leave?"

"Yes of course, Chief Swan signed your release papers before he left to the station." He nodded. "We just need a nurse to remove your IV."

At that moment Mickey slipped into the room, holding my bag of clothes, jacket, and car keys. I sighed and moved to sit up. "Not necessary." I said and before I could be stopped I wrapped my hand around the tube and forcefully pulled it from my arm and placed a band aid off my side table over it. "All taken care of."

The Doctor looked like a gaping fish for a moment but then exited the room and closed the door "Alright," Mickey said stepping forward. "I brought your clothes and your car. You sure it's ok to be driving this soon?"

I rolled my eyes at Mick, and Jake's confused expression. "Driving?" He inquired, "Where are you going?"

I stood up and pulled my hair back into a pony tail, and then slipped on my panties and jeans under hospital gown then turned around and took it off, exposing my back. "Damn, Jess." Mickey grimaced. "Your whole back is purple and black. You're pretty banged up, kid."

I slipped on my black bra and looked in the bag for my shirt.

Which wasn't there.

In the bottom of the bag laid a vest that presumably belonged to Mick. I held it up at him with a raised eye brow. "Yeah, about that." He said rubbing the back of his neck. "I left your shirt and happened to be wearing that over my t-shirt today."

I put it on and it hung a little loose, exposing the part of my bra. "Hey, you never answered me; driving where." Jake demanded. He was getting more impatient with me, and worry trailed through his voice.

I sighed, "Mick can you step in the hall?" He did as told and I waited till he went down the hall so his vampire hearing had a little bit less of a chance of hearing. "I just have some business to take car of in Port Angeles. I'll only be gone a little bit."

"Need me to come with you?"

"Nah, I'll be ok. Besides you need to run home and get some rest." I said just as worried as he once I saw the dark circles perpetually darkening under his eyes.

"Well there is something I'd rather do." He said mischievously. "You know you look really fucking hot right now."

I responded by laying my jacket and keys down, then kissing him and climbing onto his lap. He put his hands on my hips and I put my arms around his neck. Whispering in his ear and, "You know, we've got a bit till we have to be out of here, and I've never done it in a hospital before."

_--------------------------------------------_

"I knew one day you would return, Jesse Swan."

I hadn't seen this woman since the first time I entered her shop. Now that I get a better look, she isn't old at all. Very young, like highschool age actually. Candles still twinkled all around the rows and rows of old books that you probably couldn't find at your local library. I also recall last time I didn't give this gypsy my name.

"How do you know me?" I stated rudely then found myself blushing afterward.

"All will be explained." She smiled, turning around. She began to walk and her long, thick black maine trailed behind. "Come, come." I followed blindly behind into a back room where colorful carpets, drapes, and pillows consumed it. She sat down with her legs bent motioned at me. "Sit. We have much to talk about, and I assume after awhile you won't wish to be standing." She chuckled softly.

I sat across from her with my legs crossed and sat patiently. "What is your name?"

"Simza." She smiled pouring a cup of tea from the kettle on the table beside her. "Tea?" I nodded grateful and drank the warm liquid. "My people used to speak of your kind; the keepers of the elements."

"Do what?"

"There are four of you in total: Air, Water, Earth, and of course you, fire."

"Are you one of them?" I asked, buying into her crazy.

"I wish I was that cool. I am no more than a messenger, a seer per say. I receive visions from the future." She smiled. She's kinda like Alice.

"You saw me coming into your shop before I came in." I said understanding.

"Wrong. I saw you two months before you ever even came to Forks."

I probably looked as wide eyed surprised as I felt. "And they other three? Have you seen them as well?"

"No, just you. In each generation, a seer is assigned to each element. I am yours."

"Assigned? By who?"

"The gods, I guess? Fate? That question remains unanswered."

"So you know a lot about me then?" I asked slowly. At least one of us does.

"Yes and no. I know more about your fire abilities, but as a person no." She answered. "I know that you heal quickly. I had a vision about your doctor saying you should of died. The power is the warm inside you, your chi. It healed you."

She sees everything doesn't she? Oh well it's not like I had much privacy before. "That's a nice side effect I guess. So if you are meant to be my seer, what now?"

"That's a silly question. I'm only seventeen, so we are close in age. I have been prepared all my life to help aid you in your journeys."

"Aren't you a little young to have your own shop?"

"My grandma's. She leaves me in charge. I will stop being home schooled and soon join school with you."

Wait what? "What do you mean journeys?"

"You know, what life has planned, fighting evil. The kind that not only lurks in humans, but the dark like vampires." She said, her eyes dancing with excitement.

Jake will get a kick out of her.

I watched the strange girl with narrowed eyes. "I didn't sign up for this."

"I neither! But don't you understand, it's a blessing! Together we can help." She smiled.

"I don't know..."

"It's what you are meant to do."

"Keep telling yourself that."I said. Soon my phone beep and I saw I had new text from Jake.

Where are you? Everything ok?

"Look I got to go." I told Simza. "We'll talk soon, I need to know more before we do anything rash."

Rash? I sound like Bella. I shuddered at the thought by Simza didn't notice. "Oh don't worry about coming back here, I'll see you at school Monday...New Best friend."

This annoying girl may kill me, if the red headed bitch doesn't first.
♠ ♠ ♠
One of my favorite characters have been added, and the character page will be updated shortly. Jess is getting back to being Jess, and the story line is back on track. My work schedule is trying to kill me and my exams are going to kill me and they aren't even here yet. I will update by this week. I solomly swear.

xoxo, it's been way too fucking long,

Vixen