Status: Give it time.. Comments deeply loved!!!

Lie to Me

Chapter Twenty Two

I don't know what I'm supposed to do. Hours passed, maybe days. I'm not positive how long I've been here, just I ache all over. The vampire took off a while ago. She didn't plan to kill me just to send a message. It be an added bonus if I die just from being out here. This red head, it's the same chick that Marcus and I saw in the woods a while back. Wait, Marcus! He stopped her before, it's worth a shot. "MARCUS!" I screamed. "MARCUS PLEASE!" I kept yelling.

"No need to yell, sweetheart, I'm right here." His voice came from the shadows. Sure enough, Marcus stood casually, leaning against a tree. "I have been the whole time. Quite disappointed, actually, I expected more from you."

"More?" I said angrily, "There's not much else I can do; I'm only hu-"

"Human?" He finished smiling, "That is such a disability for you. You are still capable of so much. What about your dog? You can't send some signal out or something?"

I just closed my eyes and slipped away, as I felt my body be surrounded by a ring of fire, me safely kept inside. Jacob, help me. Jake please.

JACOB'S POINT OF VIEW

We've sat waiting on Sam's orders, we haven't the slightest idea where to start. Worst of all Mickey just sits there looking all guilty. "This is all your fault you know." I said angrily. Sam put us together to watch the woods.

"My fault?" He asked indecorously, "If you wouldn't have upset her, she'd be safe with you."

"You shouldn't of left her alone!" I yelled back. Mickey had left her to go hunting and that's when the firecrotch bitch got her. That's when I felt it. It was like something was clawing away at my chest where my heart should be. I turned and walked in the woods quickly.

"Wait! Where the hell are you going?" Mickey yelled following me.

"I think we need to go this way." I said as I began to run, he easily keeping my pace. We soon saw the smoke clouds that were rising over a few trees. Jess was sending us a sign, almost like a flare gun. "That way!" I soon reached her, there was just so much fire you couldn't tell where she was. I coughed from the smoke and hoarsely yelled. "JESSE!" In a small spot I could see a faint outline of someone on the ground. "Oh Jess."

I dove into the flames, and picked her up and attempted to get out of there as soon as possible. At the moment I felt invincible, like the flames that burned my skin where just a breeze from the wind. I walked back in silence. The sight of her being so broken made me feel like my heart was tearing in half.

I failed her. That was all it came down to. I didn't keep her safe. "Jacob?" She asked roughly, her eyes opening for a brief second. "You came."

"Of course. Now sleep, you're safe now. We'll be home and to Doc soon." I whispered.

Tears spilled down her face, mixing with the dirt on her skin. "It hurts so bad. I was so alone."

My breathing caught in my throat as I added. "Never again. You'll never be alone again."
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short. It's crap. It'll be better next time. I'm sorry. Comment?

xoxo

Vixen