***

3 Words; I. Hate. Makeup.

I shifted uncomfortably as Summer attempted to apply some sort of foundation on my cheek bones.

"Summer, do you really think this is necessary? I mean I don't like having this much makeup. Just a bit of eyeliner and brown eyeshadow is okay for me. I'm not exactly a makeup type person." I tried my hardest to convince her that I didn't need this makeover thing. It was one thing to take away my favorite white 2010 Vancouver Olympics sweater my mom had just bought me a week ago, but to stick a gunky tan colored foundation on my face was just crossing the line.

"Well, your going to look amazing, Layla. Don't worry. Just sit back and relax." I nearly started to hyperventilate the faint whens she said this. The last time someone said something like that, my front teeth were pulled from my mouth an I didn't stop bleeding the copper tasting liquid for nearly 24 hours.

I was sitting in her green desk chair, you know the ones with the wheels on the bottom that are so much fun to spin in? Well, usually I was a sucker for these things, just not now.

Summer had dressed me in this really uncomfortable pair of light blue stone wash skinny jeans that clung to my legs like a second skin, making my things look like elephant feet, and a rally low cut V-neck yellow shirt with sleeves that reached only to my elbow. I kept having to pull up the neckline, and begged her to put another shirt under it but she said it lost the "effect".

Hah, effect my fat white ass.

"There, finished." She said, smiling with satisfaction, twisting the liquid eyeliner tube back in it's place.

I turned around to look in the mirror, hesitantly. I was nervous that I would look horrible.

But, when I looked at my reflection, I was.... a little satisfied.

My hair was in soft waves that went just past my shoulders, my eyes were lined with what looked like 50 pounds of eyeliner and dark blue eye shadow, my heart shaped face was pretty much painted tan.

Well..... at least my hair looked nice for once.

"It's...." I really didn't want to come out and say how fake I looked to her. I mean, she just spent over an hour tying to make me look like some kind of hot chick from a fashion magazine. Although she failed, I'm just way to nice to point anything out.

"Oh, dear-ie! You look amazing!" Yeah, that was one of those 'Huh?' moments. I looked, okay, but defiantly not amazing. "I cant wait till everyone arrives and sees how hot you are."

Cue awkward speechless-ness.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was really short. I really just wanted to get something out for this.