Last Name

Flying

I’ve never really noticed how much I hated flying until this trip. It’s been nonstop turbulence since we took off. And of course it looked like I was the only one freaking out over something like this.

Jeff was asleep at the window seat. The idiot was knocked out before we even took off. If there was something that would have been distracting, it was Jeff’s constant chattering.

The plane shook violently for a moment. I gripped the arm of my chair as tightly as I could. I was beginning to think that we should have drove. I mean, it would have been way better then this. Some people might say that flying is the safest form of travel but I just didn’t see it. I felt like I was going to die at any second.

I looked down at the purity ring on my left hand. When Jeff asked about it in front of Alex, I thought I was going die of embarrassment. But thankfully, the rest of Atreyu came up behind him and both men were distracted.

I guess when I though about it, it wasn’t so bad. I mean, if Jeff is expecting me to be the next, oh I don’t know... Hilary Duff, then a purity ring was something that symbolized how committed I was and told some parents at least that I was someone their kids could look up too. And that was a great feeling.

But I was pretty sure I didn’t want to be the next Hilary Duff.

I exhaled a deep breath. I hadn’t even realized I was holding one. Laughing could be heard a few seats in front Jeff and I. Oh how I envied them at the moment. There was nothing for me to laugh about. Nothing to detract me from the fact that I have a horrible fear of flying.

I shut my eyes tightly and tried to focus on the tour. But all I could see was him. My wedding ring was packed away in my bag but I suddenly had the urge to take it out and look at it.

“Miss? Are you okay?” A male voice asked.

“Fine.” I lied. A stranger didn’t need to know that I was almost having a panic attack

“No. I don’t think you are.”

I felt him sit down in the empty seat beside me. Great. An overly helpful forty-year-old tourist. I still didn’t open my eyes just in case my judgment was right.

“So... Alex says you’re an Atreyu fan?”

I opened my eyes and looked at the person next to me. Imagine my surprise when my eyes landed on The Reverend Tholomew Plague flashing me a goofy smile. I couldn’t talk for a few seconds, then I managed to get something out.

“H-hi?”

H-hi? Seriously? Wow. Way to impress Honora. I could tell he was slightly enjoying my nervousness.

“So are you an Avenged fan too?”

I nodded, probably faster then I should have. I was making myself look like an idiot. The only thing that would make this worse would be if-

“Is she ever! I swear, you guys are all she listens too!” - if Jeff woke up. Typical.

The Rev laughed. I sunk down into my seat. Jeff always did this. He was like my father trying to embarrass me. Even though he was my producer. Sometimes I hated him, but I couldn’t imagine life without the guy.

“Well that’s fantastic!” The Rev said loudly, smirking over at the group of people in front of him. I heard groaning coming from a few people.

Wait. If The Rev’s here... then that would mean the rest of Avenged Sevenfold would be up there too. I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat. Now that I knew they were up there, I could make out the voices of each band member. Especially his.

“Pay up boys...”

“No fucking way. I bet she didn’t even...”

“Well it certainly looks like...”

“Dudes, he's probably scaring the poor girl.”

I bit my lip at the last voice. I was right. That was him. But what were they talking about? And it had to do with me?

“Nora. Stop zoning out and answer the nice man.” What?

I zoned back into where I was supposed to be and elbowed Jeff in the ribs. Then looked back to The Rev and blushed. He had an eyebrow raised, waiting for me to answer whatever he said.

“Could you repeat the question?” I asked, still embarrassed.

“Of course. Who do you think is a better looking band? Avenged, or... Atreyu?”

I narrowed my eyebrows at this question. Then laughed. This couldn’t be real. But the expression on his face was enough to make me think that he wasn’t kidding around.

“Your serious?”

He nodded.

“Hmm... Well, I’d have to say...”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! I updated! Be proud of me please.
Anyways. I've got exams to study for so I might not update any of my stories. But feel free to check the rest of them out.
Oh and I changed the picture of Honora just so ya know.
Hope you liked it.

Thanks too:
Shadow's Gates
EscapeMyUsedRomance
BurningAlchemist
xXRipMyHeartOpenXx
kitty1325
sarah3044
MsSynnieVengeance
CUPPYcake
kitkat_94
vampgirl100


To be honest, when I saw how many comments I had for this story, I was like HOLY EFFING FUDGESICKLES!

I lovers you all muchly!