It All Started at an Amusement Park

Chapter 11

All in all, the day passed by pretty quickly. Like they say, time flies when you’re having fun. Because sooner than I expected, we were looking for a spot to sit on this gigantic hill that was in town to watch the fireworks.

 

 

Since we didn’t have one big blanket to fit all of us, we were kind of divided into groups. Denise, Kevin Sr., Frankie and Nick were on one blanket, Kevin and Danielle on the next, which left me and Joe on the last one. Fun.

 

 

Joe sat down on the blanket first, then patted the spot where I was supposed to sit, between his legs. Not like that! Maybe I should rephrase that, how about in front of him. I gave him a weird look but sat down anyway. I mean, who wouldn’t want to lean against Joe Jonas?

 

 

I didn’t at first, thinking he didn’t want me to. But then he pulled me back, so I did.

 

 

The fireworks didn’t start for a couple of minutes, so we decided to talk for a bit.

 

 

"So....," He started, dragging it out a little, "Have you always lived here?"

 

 

"No," I said, inhaling his scent. I could smell cologne, but I’m not sure what kind it was. "I moved out here when I was five because I had to live with my uncle."

 

 

"What about your parents?" He asked, looking down at me.

 

 

My throat felt like it was closing. I was never very good at talking about my parents.

 

 

"They died when I was five," I said, avoiding to look up at him, "So I had to move out here."

 

 

"I’m sorry," He said, knowing this was a difficult subject for me, "I didn’t know."

 

 

"It’s okay," I said, "I’m used to people asking me."

 

 

He just nodded, an awkward silence following. Then trying to change the subject, he asked, "How long have you been working at the amusement park?"

 

 

"For as long as I can remember," I answered, "Pretty much since I moved in with my uncle, in fact."

 

 

"He had you working there at five years old?" He asked, surprised.

 

 

"Yeah, I’d do little things, then worked my way up as I got older," I said, then added, "Kind of felt like I owed him, for taking care of me."

 

 

He opened his mouth to say something, but just as he was about to, the fireworks started.

 

 

He just kept it at that; as we enjoyed the show.

 

 

I was mesmerized by the fireworks, I've always enjoyed them. The different colors, sizes, the way they looked, everything.

 

So beautiful.

 

 

I must have said this out loud, because then Joe said, "Yes, you are."

 

 

When I looked up at him, he placed his lips gently onto mine.

 

 

All in that one kiss, we created fireworks of our own.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my gosh, eighteen comments! I appreciate it, you people who are, and I thank you. Hope you enjoy this chapter, it was one of my favorites to write by far. This one I'd like to give a huge dedication to jesstierney, for being a new commenter. But don't worry, I didn't forget about you others, so this is also dedicated to xxxluckyluckyxxx, Miss Mustache xD, cutiedwarf, and billie_Z. You other readers should thank them, because otherwise I wouldn't have even posted this chapter. Comments keep me going! I thank you guys for using quotes from each chapter and descirbing what you like about them, because that lets me know you're actually reading them. Anyway, hope you enjoy this one! Let me know what you think! :)