It All Started at an Amusement Park

Chapter 29

I opened my eyes, the fading daytime sky lighting my room. I still felt Joe laying next to me, sleeping like a rock. Wait, what time is it?

 

 

I got up and looked at my phone. Shoot.

 

 

"Joe. Joe, wake up," I said, nudging him. When he didn’t move, I nudged him a little harder, causing him to roll off the bed. I held in a laugh as he made himself comfortable on my floor.

 

 

"Joe, wake up!" I practically shouted. This got a response, but not the one I was looking for.

 

 

"Just five more minutes mommy," he said sleepily. I held in another laugh.

 

 

"I’m not your mother," I said to a sleeping Joe. He still wouldn’t get up, so I thought of something. I flipped him over so that he was laying on his back and then sat on his torso, each leg on either side of him. I then leaned down so my face was directly in front of his.

 

 

"Joe, wake up," I said for the third time, whispering. I then kissed him on the lips, and a minute later I finally felt him waking up, kissing me back. I quickly pulled away, standing up. He was making a pouting face.

 

 

"You’re such a tease," he said to me playfully. I smiled.

 

 

"Well, it got you up, didn’t it?" I questioned, still smiling. "Anyway, you have to leave. My uncle’s going to be home soon, it’s almost six. He’s coming home early today."

 

 

"And this deals with me being here, because?" He questioned, raising his eyebrows.

 

 

"Well, if my uncle catches me and you alone in here, he’ll hang you by your toes," I said seriously. But he laughed anyway, thinking I was kidding, but when he still saw the serious look on my face, his eyes went wide.

 

 

"Really?" He asked me, still not believing it.

 

 

"Yes," I said, confirming it, "it’s one of the reasons I’ve had trouble with guys. Once I tell them that, they run off." My smile slowly started fading, and Joe noticed.

 

 

"Well, I’m not like other guys," he said, getting closer to me, "I would never do that. I love you too much."

 

 

"I love you too," I said, smiling again, and gave him another kiss.

 

 

We exited my room and headed downstairs.

 

As soon as I opened the front door, he pulled me to him.

 

 

"I’ll see you tomorrow," he said, smiling, "I have something I want to tell you."

 

 

"Can’t you tell me now?" I asked with hopeful eyes. He shook his head.

 

 

"Nope. You’re just going to have to wait and find out," he said, giving me another kiss, and then leaving.

 

 

I wonder what he has to tell me.
♠ ♠ ♠
The sad thing about the toes bit is that it's an actual quote. My dad told my sister and I that if he ever caught us alone in a room with a boy he'd hang them by their toes. Not too much of a likelihood of that happening any time soon, but okay. Felt the need to share that with you. Anyway, what do you think Joe's going to tell her? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Nothing too dramatic, or at least I don't think it is. But I'd love to know what you think. Dedications go out to jesstierney, Chasing Stars, NICKnEMMA4ever, and maria2307 for commenting. Extra thanks go to maria2307 for being a new commenter. I appreciate the comments. Thanks! :) I hope you all enjoy this chapter! Let me know what you think! :)