It All Started at an Amusement Park

Chapter 3

When I woke up the next morning, I felt extremely tired. Maybe it was the fact that I had to work twelve hours yesterday, from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., but I owe my uncle that much. Working for him is how I repay him. My life isn't something everyone wants, in fact I don't even want it. My parents died in a plane crash when I was five, which explains why I have a huge fear of planes. It's true, and they scare me so much that I've never even been on a plane. I had to move in with my uncle thenafterwords, since he was my godparent. Anyway, as I got out of bed and went downstairs, the house was quiet, as usual. I made my way into the kitchen finding the ever-famous note:

SOPHIA,
HAD TO LEAVE FOR THE PARK EARLY,
NEED YOU TO BE HERE AT AROUND TEN.
-TOM

See, when I said my uncle was my godparent, I didn't exactly say he was proud of it. In fact, he pretty much had no choice, seeing as my mother was an only child and he was my dad's only sibling. I pretty much figured out he didn't want anything to do with me the first month or sowhenI started living with him.He wasfriendly at first,beingin the kitchen after I woke up, casually hanging out with me, all that jazz. But as soon he thought I was over my what they call "mourning" state, which was about a month after I moved in, there was a note, similar to this one, on the conuter. At first I was shocked, but then I grew used to it seeing as it happened pretty much every single day after that.

Really nice huh?

I looked at the clock, and saw it said 9:20. Great, only 40 minutes to getto the park. So I hurried up the stairs and showered quickly, put on my clothes, light make-up, grabbed my keys and purse and literally flew to the car. Great, I'd have to drive the jeep. I mean, not that I didn't like it, but I hated driving it because I always felt like I was about to fall out.

>>------------------------------------------------->>

After a seemingly long and dangerous ride to the park, I finally got there. I ran to the entrance seeing the overbearing sign reading thename of the park:

THE BEST OF TIMES

Leave it to my uncle to name a park something that was meant to be written on a Hallmark card or some kind of picture frame. Just walking in the park felt like it was bringing back memories, ormaybe that's what my uncle inteneded when he named it that. To bring back people's memories. But I wouldn't exactly call mine the best of times.

"There you are, I've been waiting for you to show up," My uncle said to me, or Tom, if you'd prefer. Actually, I think I would prefer that, so we'll call him Tom.

I looked at my watch. "I'm two minutes late," I said, as I saw my watch read 10:02.

"Two minutes of the ride not being open, two minutes for our customers to wait," Tom said, looking aggravated.

Should I mention how he said "our customers" like I actually cared?

I just shrugged and started walking to the ride I had to work today. It was usually a different ride I worked each day. Sometimes it was the same, while other times not. Today I had to work the "Screamenator", which pretty much described itself.

When I got there it didn't look like I was missing anything. Two people had to run the ride, and I almost turned right around when I sawwho I had to work with, which so happened to be Shelby. I mean, it's not like I didn't like the girl, but she was blonde and blue eyed and just reminded me of a barbie doll. You could see her orange tan from a mile away, while she claimed she was just bronzed. And did I mention she wasn't helping the cause with blondes, considering she wasn'ttoo smart. Now you may think I'm just judging her, but you should see her for yourself.

"Hey," She said, while looking me up and down, most likely examining my outfit.

"Hi," I said back, looking down at what I was wearing. I was wearing "standard-park-attire", or at least somewhat, wearing beige capri shorts with a forest green t-shirt that said the park's name. I didn't think I looked that bad, but I guess to her I did.

"Some guy came by asking for you," She told me, while looking away and examining her nails.

"Really? When? Because the park just opened like right before I got here," I stated, wondering who she was talking about.

"Well, he came by, like a minute before you got here. He was pretty hot," She said, "If I would of knew you'd be here, I would of told him to wait."

"Oh," Was all I said, senseing the guy was long gone by now. I mean, why wouldn't he be? All the guys I ever talk to hit on me while they wait in line, then never give me a second glance once they're off the ride.

Anyways, I was stuck at the ride for two hours until it was my lunch break. But as soon as it hit twelve I booked it to the food stands, not even waiting for the person who filled in for me. I wasn't that hungry, I just couldn't wait to go on break. So I walked to the burger stand, bought a (you guessed it) burger, then went to sit at one of the tables. But just as I was about to eat, someone sat down across from me. I looked up and guess who I saw.

"Are you, like, stalking me or something?" I asked, "Because I could call the security guard....," I trailed off.

"Ha Ha, you're so hilarious," Joe said, "But no, I'm not stalking you, I just wanted to ask you something."

"So let me get this straight," I started, "You bought a ticket for here again today just so you can ask me something?"

"Yeah, cause that's just the way I roll," He said, trying to be gangster. It wasn't working.

"Let me guess Jonas, you came here to ask me out?" I asked.

He looked at me shocked. "What..... how did you know my last name? I never told you," He said.

"Who wouldn't know your last name? I mean, once you left I realized you were part of the Jonas Brothers.I'm surprised younotbeing attacked by fan girls right now,"I said.

"Fan girls like who? You?" He asked, smirking at the last part.

"You wish," I said, right in timeof the one guy that was with him yesterday, who I figured out was Big Rob, walking up to us.

"Joe, we gotta go man, before any more fan girlsspot us," He said, looking at me.

I raised an eyebrow at Joe, just as he asked, "So, is that a yes for the date?"

I just rolled my eyes. "How can I say yes, if you don't even know my last name?" I asked.

He thought about this for a second, while Big Rob laughed.

"Well, they don't call me danger for nothing," He said, waiting for my next response.

I thought about it. Do I really want to go out with him? A rockstar that's known as a Hollywood heartbreaker?

"Okay," I said, while he took this all in. He gave me a shocked look.

"Really?" He questioned, as if he didn't believe he heard correctly. Big Rob looked kind of shocked too.

"Sure," I said, getting up to throw my trash away, "But it better be one hell of a date."

He smirked as they got up and started to walk away. "Oh, don't worry, it will be," He said as they walked away.

This was going to be fun. :)
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm, now that I look at it, this one isn't that long either. Oh well, lol, I planned to make it longer, but it didn't work. But here it is, and this chapter is dedicated to xxxluckyluckyxxx, since she was my first commenter. And the only person letting me know they were actually reading this. But that's okay, I'm just happy I have readers. So xxxluckyluckyxxx, this chapter is for you! :)