It All Started at an Amusement Park

Chapter 36

I should've known sooner that Nick would get over it. I mean, I had to be his love interest, so I had to work with him a lot. And I knew Nick couldn't keep up the act of staying mad at me; I don't think anyone ever could if they were in his position. Because eventually.... you break your anger barrier.

"I'm sorry for how I reacted Sophia," he said, after the one day we wrapped up filming, "I should've thought about it. You've been with Joe this whole time, so I should've known you would choose him."

"Nick," I said, "don't think I don't love you too. But more as a brother."

"Yeah," he said, "I understand."

"So are we friends again?" I asked, smiling.

"Yeah," he said again, "friends."

I held my hand out with a smirk, and when he shook it proudly, I laughed.

>>--------------------------------->>

"You're what?!" I asked my uncle over the phone, in shock.

"What's wrong?" Joe asked, since he was currently in the kitchen of the condo with me. I smiled at him and held up a finger, motioning for him to wait.

"I'm getting married, Sophia," my uncle repeated, "to Sarah. You know, the woman I've been dating."

"Yeah, I figured that. But you haven't even been dating her that long. Only for, what, a month now?" I questioned.

"No, Sophia. We've been dating on and off for the past three years now," he stated, which was news to me.

"Well thanks for telling me about it," I said sarcastically, "I haven't even met her yet."

"You will," he said, then mumbled, "because you're going to be in the wedding."

"What?" I questioned, not sure whether or not I heard him right.

"You're my niece, Sophia. So of course you're going to be in the wedding," he stated, "Sarah doesn't have any sisters, and she's not too close with any of the girl friends she has. So you're going to be the maid of honor."

"You're kidding, right?" I asked, earning a sigh from my uncle.

"Please Sophia. Just do this one thing for me," he said, "Anne's going to be in the wedding too. When I called her, she was ecstatic about it. At least sound a little happy for me."

"I am happy for you," I stated, "it's just a little sudden, that's all."

I heard him sigh again, "Look, if you don't want to be in it, I'll try to find someone else, but-"

"No, no," I said, interrupting his rant, "I'll be in it. It's fine."

After a few more words, we said goodbye and I hung up the phone. Joe was looking at me expectantly.

"Well?" He asked, curiousity getting the best of him.

"My uncle's getting married, and I'm the maid of honor in the wedding," I stated, summing up the conversation.

"That's good news, isn't it?" He asked, somewhat confused.

I sighed. "You don't know my uncle," was all I said, before walking to my room to pack my bags.

Being the maid of honor, I would pretty much have to be there through the entire planning of the wedding.

And it would probably be best if I met the bride sooner rather than later.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... a little secret is revealed in this one. Well, kind of. Sophia's uncle is getting married; which is kind of huge. Felt the need to update because... well... I can't even remember the last time I updated this. So, I updated. I hate to say this but I think this story is coming to an end soon. :( Sad, isn't it? Oh, and you're going to just love the ending! It's a big shocker, I promise! Or at least it shocked my sister, a.k.a. my editor, anyway. But she's shocked by a lot of things, so you may not want to go on her opinion. But I thought it was shocking, and I'm the one that wrote the thing. So yeah, planning on a sequel to this. I'll give you more details when the time comes, but for now I hope you like this update! Let me know what you think! :)
Dedications go out to Chasing Stars, NICKnEMMA4ever, jesstierney, bemypeterpan, x-believer-x, and Godess_Septimus for commenting on the last chapter! You readers keep me going, so I thank you all for commenting! As for the silent readers-- don't be shy! Comment! I love hearing from new people. :) Although I don't blame you for not commenting if you think I'm annoying; I know how you feel. :D
News: I knew I loved Kelly Clarkson for a reason! After Taylor Swift's rep defended her singing at the Grammy's by saying that her earpiece wasn't in her ear correctly and that it wasn't like American Idol where you sing the highest notes, Kelly Clarkson spoke out saying, "We not only sing the highest notes, but the right ones as well." Or something along those lines. In other words, she's pretty much bashing Taylor Swift. No offense if any of you are huge fans of her or anything... :/ Are you for or against Taylor? I'd love to hear your thoughts. :)
Planning on trying to see Valentine's Day this weekend. Not for Taylor Swift, but to actually see if Joe does the voice of Jessica Alba' s dog or not. If any of you see it before I do, let me know if he does or not. That's the only reason my sister wants to go. Any of you want to see it?
Comments are appreciated. :)