It All Started at an Amusement Park

Chapter 39

I knocked on the Jonas' front door, expecting Joe to answer, but was surprised to see Nick standing before me. He gave me a grim look.

"Oh, you're not going to believe this," was all he said, before letting me in. As soon as he shut the door, he nodded towards the stairs. When I didn't move, he sighed and made his way up them; motioning for me to follow.

When we reached the landing, Nick lead me down a hallway, until he eventually stopped in front of the last door on the right side. He pushed it open, revealing a room I presumed to be Joe's. But the thing was that Joe wasn't in it.

"Where's Joe?" I asked, looking around the room, as if he was hiding somewhere. You never knew with him.

"In the bathroom," Nick answered, and when I gave him a look to question why it was so important, he continued, "Most likely still throwing up."

"Why?" I asked, "He seemed okay yesterday."

"That was before he had a few drinks at the wedding," Nick mumbled, most likely not wanting me to catch that part, but I did.

"You're telling me he's... hungover?" I asked him, getting a nod in response. "I didn't even know he drank."

"Then you obviously don't know Joe," he stated. I looked back at him, to see him giving me a deep look. Almost saddened, actually.

I was about to ask him what was wrong when all of a sudden a door on the opposite side of the room opened to reveal a bathroom, with Joe in it. He walked towards his bed and then glanced up; finally taking notice that he wasn't the only one in the room.

"Sophia," he stated, giving me a dazed look, "what are you doing here?"

"I came to check on you," I answered. "You didn't sound so good on the phone, and I got a little concerned."

"Well, don't be," he said, kind of coldly, taking me by surprise, "I told you I was fine."

"What's wrong with you?" I asked, questioning his anger. "And I know for a fact that you're not fine. You're hungover, Joe. Nick told me, so don't even try to deny it. Since when do you drink alcohol?"

"You told her?" He questioned, looking behind me. I turned and realized that Nick was still in here, standing in Joe's room. He never left.

"She would've figured it out eventually," Nick stated angrily, semi-glaring at Joe, "you don't just throw up for no reason!"

"Oh, I know the reason why you told her," Joe continued, without acknowledging Nick's remark, "you're still angry-"

He stopped himself after saying angry, so I didn't get to hear what he was going to say. But I wanted to know.

"What's he still angry about?" I asked him, while referring to Nick. But he kept his mouth shut, as if he had already said too much.

"What, he didn't tell you?" Nick asked sarcastically, being the first to speak. When I gave him a confused look, he continued, "He's been playing you, Sophia, ever since that first night at the amusement park."

"What are you talking about?" I asked, feeling myself get upset at his words. When I looked at Joe, he put his head down, as if he were ashamed.

"When I first saw you, I thought you were beautiful," Nick admitted honestly, and I could tell that he meant it. I couldn't help but feel my heart race at his words as he continued, "I even told Joe that. So he suggested that we get on the ride you were working at; so I could talk to you. But do you want to know what happened instead?" He asked that rhetorically, since he knew very well that we both knew the answer already. He turned his gaze to Joe and glared. "He started flirting with you. Because he goes after all the girls that I like."

"That's not true!" Joe said, defending himself while returning Nick's glare.

"Maybe not with Miley or Selena," Nick agreed, before quickly changing sides, "But when I mentioned in an interview that I thought Camilla was pretty, look at what happened. And not just with me either. When Kevin said he liked Taylor Swift in another interview, look at what happened."

"So is this true Joe? You lied to me?" I asked Joe, after Nick had finished. "All those times you told me you loved me, you lied every single time, didn't you?" His eyes widened at that.

"No Sophia," he said, trying to find a way to explain, "I may have not liked you at first, but I never lied when I told you that I loved you. I meant each I love you that I told you Sophia. You're different from all of the other girls I've dated."

"Well you're obviously lying now," I stated, refusing to believe him. "How many times have you used that line before? That 'I'm different' one? And you honestly can't say that you haven't told at least one other girl that you've dated that you loved her and meant it as well."

He didn't say anything to that, and I didn't blame him, because he couldn't.

But even if he did eventually come up with something to say, I didn't hear it, seeing as I left their house after a minute of silence.

Even though the last place I wanted to go was back to my uncle's house, I pretty much had no choice. I pulled up into the driveway, pulling the key out of the ignition.

As soon as I walked into the house, I was surprised to see my uncle inside. I didn't pay much attention to see if his car was there or not.

"What's wrong, kiddo?" He asked, as soon as he saw my sad expression. I didn't pay any attention to the nickname, but I did say something.

"Joe's not going to be able to be in the wedding, Uncle Tom," I answered, or at least my version of an answer anyway. "Please don't ask me about it, since it's kind of a long story."

He simply nodded, knowing by my expression and plea to not push the subject. He then walked down the hall into the kitchen, while I headed up the stairs to my room. I still had some much-needed packing to do in order to move out.

I guess what had started at an amusement park had officially ended.

But boy, I later found out that statement would turn out to be way off.
♠ ♠ ♠
There it is; the last chapter? Shocked? So am I.
So here's the deal: 10-15 comments, or no sequel. I think that seems fair, seeing as there's 51 subscribers. I'll be honest and say that's a lot less then what I first planned on asking for. The longer it takes for the comments, the longer I'll take on posting the sequel. Your choice. I suggest you stay subscribed, because that's the only way you'll find out if there's or not. I'll give this a week for final comments, and if I'll let you know after that if there will be a sequel or not.
No comments = no sequel, or less than 10 comments = no sequel. Sorry. :(
This last chapter is dedicated to all readers! I hope you enjoy and comment so I can post the sequel. :)