‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

Traffic

I was on a plane right now, heading over to see Nick with Anna…Nick got Big Rob to agree to come as well to “protect” me. I was more calm today…although I wanted more than anything to just slap Nick, he made me so angry…but no. Only one slap per year…and it’s saved for Valentines Day of course…this year we’re trying to avoid that though…not the point. That day with Demi and Joe I had a lot of anger to release so I did it by listening to those songs. If it was any other day with them, I wouldn’t have blasted that kind of music. I went to Selena’s concert with David that night while Demi and Joe had something else to do. I finally got my Rachael/David time! I was so happy. I hung out with Miley the next night, and in the morning we both had to get up really early and get to work. I had also hung out with Taylor that week. We hung out for the whole day and she slept at my house. We blasted the radio as we just danced around my crazy, big-ass house and we posted a video on you tube…its ratings were close to the amount Joe and I got on ours…which brought me to curiosity sticking as my main emotion for the day. I was curious as to how Nick would act when we saw each other…would he kiss me hello? Would he continue yelling at me? Would he ignore me completely? Yes, I got his message…but I told him I didn’t want to speak with him until we saw each other today…and I meant it. Maybe not speaking to each other every day would be better for us.

The flight was fine. I kept occupied by reading The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. I just got it the other day and I’m so excited (and proud) to see Miley in the movie in a few months.

Soon enough we landed and got in our awaiting car…just to hit traffic right away…we were thirty minutes away. “Great, just great…Nick’s going to be even more pissed,” I muttered.

“It’s traffic Rach,” Anna stated.

“Yea, we cant do much about it,” Big Rob added.

“I’ll run for it” I said and I put my hand on the handle.

“What? No way!” Anna stopped me.

“Look, I’m wearing my sneakers and to all the concerts I’ve been to I’ve never been late to any of Nick’s concerts before. I’ve always been there for him before he went on, I know where I’m going, so I’ll start running and if you catch up to me, Big Rob, just pick me up” I said and swung the door open.

“I cant believe this,” Anna muttered as she threw her purse and plainer onto the seat.

“I’ll do my best to catch up,” Big Rob assured us, Anna slammed the door.

“Ready?” she asked me and I nodded with a smile.

We started running. Dodging and swerving around people. It was a really good thing we were in shape.

~~~~

Seven and a half blocks later…

Anna and I (now really out of breath)ran...jogged slugged into the building where there were already hundreds of girls lines up, waiting so badly to get in. I showed all the security my “special” badge that Nick had sent over to me to get me in if I needed it. I just held it up in the air to let them all know to get out of my way as I held onto Anna and dragged her along.

We finally reached back stage and got to the door that said Nick Jonas. I lazily banged on the door twice before leaning on it as Anna collapsed to the ground, leaning on the wall. It opened up and I almost fell through but I caught my balance and shot myself back against the opposite wall starring into the eyes of the guy I longed to be with.

We were silent…almost unsure of what to do. It was a very long moment. He looked down at Anna. “What did you guys do? Run here?” he questioned.

We didn’t answer…just focused on our breathing. “You did! Can I get two waters over here?!” Nick shouted to anyone would could hear and immediately two waters came and Big Rob came running down the hall, helping Anna up.

"Yea, now you come,” I muttered, jokingly.

“The traffic started moving once you both ran off, I tried calling you but both of your cell phones were in Anna’s bag,” he said and her face flushed.

“Come on, lets get you cooled off,” he said, leading Anna away and I took big gulps of my water. It was silent again.

“How’s the new house with Anna?” he asked me.

“It’s good. I like it…much better than being in the hell hole I used to be in,” I answered with a snippy tone.

“Care to come in?” he offered his dressing room to me.

“Why? So you can just yell at me some more?” I inquired.

“I wasn’t yelling at you,” he hissed as he got close to my face so his tone was quiet but I kept my ground, glaring the whole time. He took a deep breath and released it.

“Just come,” he ordered but didn’t wait for an answer.

He took my hand in his and pulled me in. For the few seconds he was holding my hand, I felt how perfect it fit…just like it always had…it reminded me of a puzzle. Life was a puzzle.

He shut the door quickly. “What Nick? Don’t you have a concert to be getting ready for? Wouldn’t want to keep them waiting. I know how hard you work to impress”

“I don’t work hard to impress, you know I just like…”

“Yes, I know what you like,” I interrupted him, moving in on him.

I put one finger to his chest, pushing him back until he hit the door. “Do you honestly think I would fall for your brother?”

“Yes,” he admitted ruefully.

“Do you think I would actually date your brother”

He hesitated.

“No”

“Then why are you so paranoid?” I asked with a pleading tone as I dropped my finger.

My POV

I was starting to get worried. When Rachael was here on time, I got concerned. She was always on time…for the most part…she was always on time for things concerning me anyway. When she showed up…and I swung the door open to see her with her forehead glistening in sweat, her hair was frizzy and out of place, she was breathing heavily…and all I thought was how much I missed her. I knew she wouldn’t be late.

I finally dragged her into the room and she started. She asked me if I thought she’d fall for Joe…I said yes, I do think that…and I’m being honest with her. Then she asked me if I think she’d date him, I knew the answer…it just came out slow. There’s no way Rachael would do something like that.

“Then why are you so paranoid?” she begged as she dropped her finger from my chest and sadness replaced the anger and curiosity she had in her eyes.

Then she did something that never failedto getting my breath caught in my throat…she tilted her head ever so slightly to the side. Seven years later and that so subtle motion makes me go weak.

“Because! I don’t know…I just…” I was so aggravated I couldn’t even form words. “What Nick?” she asked.

I ignored her question and asked one of mine. “Tell me what was up with that song,” I demanded and she groaned.

“Oh my God! I already told you everything you needed to know! Plus, it wasn’t about Joe…like you think it was…it was about you when I wrote it! I was thinking of you!” she yelled at me and I couldn’t protest.

Even when I tried, I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. Then my name was called to the stage. “I have to go…go get ready. You can get what you need in the next room over. I was thinking you should sing tonight,” I said and she nodded, understanding what I meant by it.

“Alright…break a leg,” she said half heartedly and I heard her voice crack as I saw the tears come. “Rachael…” I begged.

But she just walked out. I groaned in frustration and punched the wall…it made a dent and a few cracks…I wanted to go harder…but I didn’t. I took deep breaths and I was ready to play a very emotional concert…I was ready to let some steam off by doing what I loved doing most.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333