‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

Used To

Rachael’s POV

Okay…I was upset. That was very visible. But I sucked it up, got ready and went out there. When I got into position, under the stage, Nick had already sung a few songs. It was my turn.

“I have a special guest tonight. Ladies and gentlemen, Rachael Lewis!” Nick announced and the crowd went absolutely crazy as I rose up onto the stage, smiling to the enormous crowd.

The band began playing as I made my way forward, a few feet away from Nick. As fans recognized the music, they got even louder. I smiled. I was kind of happy fans already knew about the song so they could sing along with us…and that’s what they did when I started to sing.

You used to talk to me like
I was the only one around


He sang.

You used to lean on me
The only other choice was falling down


I sang again.

You used to walk with me like
We had no where we needed to go
Nice and slow
To no place in particular


He joined in.

We used to have this figured out
We used to breathe without a doubt
The nights were clearer for the first time that I'd see
We used to have this under control
We never thought we used to know
At least there's you
{I sang}
And at least there's me{he sang}
Can we get this back? {I sang again}
Can we get this back? {he did the same}
To how it used to be {we both sang together}

I sang.

I used to reach for you
I got lost along the way


He started to sing as I just added my own flair (like always) just shaking my head to the beat.

I used to listen
You always had the just right thing to say
I used to follow you
Never really cared where we would go
Fast or slow
To anywhere at all


I got way more into the song as we both sang together again and we made our way to each other, meeting in the middle of the stage.

We used to have this figured out
We used to breathe without a doubt
The nights were clearer for the first time that I'd see
We used to have this under control
We never thought we used to know
At least there's you
{I sang}
And at least there's me{he sang}
Can we get this back? {I sang again}
Can we get this back? {he did the same}
To how it used to be {we both sang together}

I started to sing.

I look around me
And I want you to be there
Cause I miss the things that we shared


He started to sing.

Look around you
It's empty and you're sad
Don't you miss the love that we had?


I started to sing again with a much gentler tone and tears were brought to my eyes as I stared at Nick…he was reacting the same way I was.

You used to talk to me like
I was the only one around
The only one around!


I threw one arm into the air as I continued to hold the mic with my other hand and I held out the note, causing a riot from the screaming fans. I ended it and the drums were heard. I looked at Nick and saw he now had tears in his eyes as well as we started to sing together again and we finished up the song together.

We used to have this figured out
We used to breathe without a doubt
The nights were clearer for the first time that I'd see
We used to have this under control
We never thought we used to know
At least there's you
And at least there's me
Can we get this back?
Can we get this back?
To how it used to be yeah
To how it used to be
{I sang}

We started to sing together again.

To how it used to be yeah
To how it used to be
To how it used to be


We had finished the song and the only sound now that filled the air was the sound of the hundreds of fans screaming like there was no tomorrow. We both froze there…not doing anything…like time had stopped and we were the only two people around.

“Rachael Lewis everybody,” he murmured into the microphone but his eyes never left mine.

We were both breathing heavily as the screams and cheers continued to go on for what seemed like forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I waited for Nick, outside his bus. Waiting to say good bye. I’m not too sure what will happen when he gets back…but there was no way in hell I was going without making up with him. I wasn’t going to leave angry…I wanted to leave with a kiss. I looked up and saw Nick heading toward me.

“So…I’ll see you when you get home,” was what I said.

“Will you really? You’ll be there, waiting for me to get off the bus…it’s a few days away, you sure you’re not busy?” he asked and I heard the sarcasm that I didn’t appreciate too much…but ignored it.

“If you want me to,” I answered and we were silent. “Look, Nick, I…” I was cut off by his lips.

My POV

I couldn’t take it anymore and I wanted her to just be quiet for two seconds…if I didn’t kiss her, I knew she would’ve went on. I kissed her hard and passionately. I haven’t had her lips on mine for a long couple weeks…and I missed it. She pulled away slightly but her eyes were still closed and her lips were still begging to be kissed.

“No…wait, I’m still mad at you”

“No you’re not,” I kissed her again.

Long and passionate. “Just a little…”

“Liar”

“No…Nick…I am…I cant…” she couldn’t form her words as the heat between us became intense. “I have to go” she whispered as I put my forehead against hers.

“I know…so do I…I don’t know what will happen when I get back…but we’ll take it as it comes…I want you to know that I love you though,” I said, caressing her cheek with one hand.

“I know you do…I love you too,” she replied and it made me feel like I was soaring.

I watched her walk away with Anna and Big Rob. What I had told her was true…I wasn’t sure what was going to happen when I got back…we had changed in a way and it felt different…something felt different…I wasn’t sure what though. This whole thing with her and Joe…her tour coming up in April and then she‘s filming at the end of June, all of July and the beginning of August…I didn’t know what was going to happen…but I did know that I missed her already.
♠ ♠ ♠
lyrics= Used To by Daughtry

okay i updated a few chapters
i might post more tonite but im hopin for a few comments maybe
possibly 20?