‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

Have To Stop

Rachael’s POV

I spent hours crying on the porch as I sat on the steps. It was now 10:30 and a car drove up in front of the house as Anna and Zach got out of the car. I never actually met him yet but I saw a picture of him. She was smiling and laughing but then she saw me, told Zach something and he drove off as she rushed to my side.

“Rachael. What happened?” she cooed as she sat beside me and held me in a tight side-hug as I hugged back.

I didn’t answer, I just continued to cry quietly. Now, it was 11:30 and Nick was calling my cell…for the sixteenth time. He left the first three messages but then just stopped doing that and continued calling.

“Come on Rachael…pick up the phone…just end this already…you cant just keep crying like this,” she urged.

Then she kissed my head and walked inside. I picked up the phone. “Hello?” I sniffled. He hesitated.

“I wanted to see if you were okay,” he murmured.

“I’m fine…” I snapped.

“Okay, chill out. I don’t need the attitude. How did this all turn on me? You’re the one who went at it with him”

“Yes Nick we made out, he pinned me to the wall and he kissed me in a rough and passionate way. It was hot and steamy as we made it up the stairs,” I snapped.

He was silent. “But the whole time this was going on…I didn’t let it get any further because of you Nick…”

We were both silent…as my quiet sobs were heard and I knew he was crying too. “We cant keep doing this Nick…I cant keep doing this…yea, that thing between you and Miley…it hurt me…but it was just a kiss…so was this…simple kisses…but it wasn’t…”

I was at a loss for words as I stammered a little.

“What we’re doing…we keep running in circles…and I think we should pull the plug…right now…”

“You want to break up?” he asked me, making the cracks and the sobbing in his voice very noticeable now although he was trying to hide it.

“Of course I don’t want to Nick…I think we should…don’t you?”

“No. Of course I don’t! I don’t understand…we don’t have to do this Rea. Just because you and Eric kissed a little…you said you were thinking of me…when I kissed Miley, I was thinking about you so we’re even now…we don’t have to do this…” he babbled.

“Yes we do…I need time…to just be alone…be single…”

“We can take a break…”

“Aren’t you tired of taking breaks?”

He was silent…I knew he was just as tired of them as I was. “I love you Rachael,” he pleaded with a whisper.

“And I love you…I always will…but…this…I cant do it anymore Nick…we have to stop…”

Now we were both crying water falls. I only heard a little bit of noise on his end to assure me he was really crying. “Good bye Nick,” I whispered and hung up.

The phone dropped from my hand and I cried and sobbed even harder as I hugged my waist. That was the hardest thing I’ve ever done…but it had to be finished. I have to move on and get to the other side. He’ll move on…find someone new…and maybe so will I…but not for a while.

I felt my body and my heart ach…Anna came back out and held me tight as I just sobbed loudly into her shoulder. It all starts with goodbye.

My POV

“Good bye Nick”

Her words repeated in my head. Tears were still running down my cheeks. The words she said…ripped through me…they shattered every piece I had left in me. I couldn’t take it…it was all way too much. My whole body froze. Then I yelled in frustration as I threw my phone across the room at my dresser, causing the picture of me and Rachael to fall to the ground and the glass broke. I couldn’t handle this. I couldn’t believe it…we were done…we were really done. I felt like my heart was ripped out and replaced by nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay ive posted the chapters from Chapter 22: Interlude #4 to now
and we reached the comment goal! now i was hoping for maybe to get 25 or 27 comments before i post more please! thank you :)

<<333