‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

Back To Work

When I got back to the set, everyone was hugging me but thankfully Paul knew me well and broke up the hug fest and we got back to work. David, Jake and I started to do the scenes we all had together, especially David and I. we did a lot of “moment” scenes…some were “interrupted” by Jake. It felt good to just do what I loved with close friends. We got a lot done today. As the days passed, I went with Eric to his sisters funeral to show my condolences but then got right back to work. I really couldn’t afford to get worked up over anything that wasn’t work. For Joe’s birthday, I couldn’t spend it with him on the day because I was working but on a day off, he flew out to see me with Demi and we all hung out, going roller skating. This morning I was up early because it was the last day of filming, I wasn’t doing a scene at the moment so I was at the beach, watching the sun rise. I missed him. That much is true…do I want to go back to him though after everything that happened? I ripped off the dog tag with my name on it, he gave to me on Christmas, 2007 and I threw it as far as I could into the ocean. Then I did the same thing with the ring he had given to me for my birthday (the one that said "True Love"). I was kind of happy about the fact that I wasn’t wearing the heart locket he had given me when we were ten…I didn’t want to throw that into the ocean too.

I got back to the set and we were in a big ware house as I watched as Jake and David had their little show down scene and I enjoyed being able to just watch other scenes that I wasn’t in. It made things interesting and I liked to just watch. Once they were done, Paul cut and I got into position up on a ledge.

“Don’t fall Rea!” Jake called.

“I’ll try not to,” I sneered at him and him and David continue to laugh at me and just make fun of me.

That’s what I get for having guys for best friends and being around them too much…you’d think I would’ve learned by now.

~~~~~~~~

It was the end of the day and we had to film the last scene now before the sun went all the way down. Usually you don’t go in order when you film scenes but we did for this one. “And action!” Paul yelled. As the camera rolled, I was facing the ocean, looking out to the sunset as the waves crashed onto the land and the rocks near by. I was wearing a tube top and a long flower skirt. For a few minuets I was imagining Nick coming up behind me, wrapping his arms around me and just holding me close and tight in his embrace. But then David’s voice interrupted my thoughts and reminded me we were filming.

“Umm you clean up pretty well,” he recited his lines and cleared his throat.

I laughed lightly and turned to face him. We had a good ten feet away from each other. “You don’t look too bad yourself…”

“I think we should talk…” he said and I was silent as I made it look like I was avoiding his eyes as I wrapped my arms around my stomach.

“I just need to know…did you pretend to like me because it was part of your mission to…protect me?”

“No. I knew about protecting you for my mission after I met you…I promise…I never meant to hurt you…I really am sorry…” I acted like I babbling a little.

He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck as he looked down the beach, away from me. “Well I guess I cant avoid you since we go to the same school and now that I’ve been hired to be part of the CIA…I guess we’ll be seeing more of each other…so my only other option is to do this…”

He started to step closer to me. I looked up at him as our faces were inches apart. “I thought you never get caught when it comes to who you are,” he said.

“I usually don’t…you’ve been my hardest mission yet though…”

“I guess that just makes me special,” I laughed.

“Will you just shut up with the comments and kiss me already?” I asked and he smiled.

As he brought his face closer to mine, I closed my eyes and he put his lips on mine. Of course there was nothing. I thought of David as a big brother figure and it was just acting. I wrapped my arms around his neck, he wrapped his around my waist and lifted me off the ground as we continued our little kiss. I smiled into it because now he was improvising and he smiled too because he knew I knew it. I had Nick on the back burner though. I missed him and I wanted him to be the one kissing me right now…weather it was for the movie or not.

“And cut!” Paul yelled and David set me down as the whole crew began to whistle and scream and cheer.

Jake was making kissy faces at us. “That’s a wrap people, you don’t have to go home but you cant stay here!” Paul announced and everyone laughed.

This is what I did for a living…I became part of a family and we all did what we loved…we all had that in common. We loved being in the business. I loved what I did. It was a part of me. If I didn’t act and sing for a living…and I was still a nobody from New Jersey…I don’t even like to think about it. Without singing and acting, I’d be nobody…and I’d be so miserable, you have no idea…it’s who I am…no pun intended.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333