‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

First Ever...

“No, Nick! Put me down!” I squealed.

Nick had thrown me over his shoulder and began to run in circles while he was in his trunks and I was in my bikini. We were taking our time off now and we were at the beach. Yes I know, what are we doing at the beach in early December…well we’re in Costa Rica!

“Nick come on!” I giggled. “Put. Me. Down.” I ordered, still laughing as I hit his bare back with my palm, lightly, a few times.

But then he lost his balance…or acted like he lost his balance…so we both fell to the ground, rolled a few times and he ended up on top of me, pinning me down to the sand. I looked up at him as the sun bounced off his hair and his eyes were filled with such a powerful kind of love…it made me melt inside. I picked a hand up to his head and got my fingers lost in his curls.

“I love you,” he murmured and was about to put his lips on mine.

“I know,” I smirked, awaiting his loving kiss.

But he stopped moving his head toward mine and I pouted, causing him to smile. “What was that?” he asked.

“I said ‘I know’,” I teased and lifted my head slightly for my lips to meet his but he pulled away with a small laugh.

“I know?” he asked and poked my side, causing me to giggle and spaz a little.

Then a few more light pokes led to tickling me. “Okay okay, I give!” I laughed so hard, my sides hurt and we went back into a loving position on the sand.

I looked into his waiting eyes that I always got lost in, and his smile that always made me feel all giggly (which you all know isn’t me) and his brown curls that fell perfectly on his head.

“I love you,” I finally said and his smile was brighter.

“Good,” was all he said before his lips were on mine.

Our lips moved in perfect sync with each others…I didn’t want it to end…he didn’t either obviously… “Nick, Rachael!” we heard Denise call and I immediately pushed Nick off of me so he rolled twice to the side.

“Yes Denise?” I called as I sat up and turned to see her coming over the hill in the distance.

“Come eat!” she called.

“Coming!” I called back and she began to walk away.

The whole time though, Nick was laughing. “That wasn’t funny,” I rolled my eyes and smacked his arm.

Instead of protesting, he just grabbed my arm and pulled me down, to him. “We have to go,” I giggled lightly.

“Few more minutes,” he asked as he put his arm behind his head to give it some elevation so he could look out to the ocean.

But I didn’t answer, I just rested my head on his chest as his other arm came around and rested on my side, giving my bare skin some chills. We watched the sun set together. It was a moment I wanted to last forever…but we all knew that couldn’t happen.
After a few more seconds…maybe minutes…I got Nick to get up. We laced our fingers as we began to walk but my feet started to hurt so I got him to give me a piggy back ride as he also carried my clothes and his clothes and he kept walking. As we got back to the hotel, his finger pinched me under my thigh as I slid off his back, but it was very close to my butt.

“Ouch! You pinched my butt!” I accused as I laugh. He faced me.

“I did not,” he defended with a laugh as I began to put on my loose white shirt that hung off one of my shoulders.

“Yes you did!” I shot back as I snatched my shorts from him and put them on so now I had my shirt and my shorts over my bikini and he put on his shirt.

I think he was about to protest but he noticed that I looked down at myself and I wasn’t too sure if I approved of walking into the hotel like this…

“You look beautiful,” he said sincerely and kissed my lips. “And I didn’t pinch you” he added.

“Yes you did,” I sang as I walked passed him, through the door but he was right at my side. “No I didn’t,” he sang back in a mocking manner.

So I nudged him to the side as we walked into the restaurant and he laughed. Then I saw Denise, Paul, Frankie, Joe and Kevin all at a table. We walked over to them, sat down side by side and I noticed Denise was whispering to Paul and smiling brightly which made me blush slightly cause I knew what she was talking about. Joe kept nudging me from my other side as Kevin was smirking and laughing at Joe teasing me and Frankie was just minding his own business as Nick included him in some conversation. I told Joe to stop it a few times as I blushed a little harder and I kept nudging back but he kept at it. I sighed and elbowed him in the ribs and he groaned but tried to stifle it. I stuck my tongue out at him and he did it back.

Tomorrow we were heading back to California and I was going to have to work again…I actually kind of missed it…okay I missed it a lot and I was excited. Tomorrow was the movie premier for my movie, Gonna Get Caught! I was going to see Miley, Demi and Selena again! Taylor said she’s going to try really hard to be there too but she doesn’t know if she can. I was lucky to have Miley come, she ended her tour the other day and she misses home…I miss her tons…and my movie hits theaters next week. Nick’s single, Who I Am is like number three on iTunes right now. It’s really amazing. The first ever performance of the song was amazing as well.

Flashback

Joe, Kevin and I sat at a table together, I was in the middle of both of them in my cream colored dress and when Black Eyed Peas performed in the beginning we were all standing (along with everyone else) and singing as we clapped to the beat. They were awesome. Taylor was mentioned a few times in the beginning and as everyone clapped for her song, Joe, Kevin and I did too. I cheered of course as the guys were just clapping. I wondered what Joe was thinking sometimes when it came to Taylor, but I shrugged it off as I just cheered for my best friend. Nick texted me mere minutes before he had to go on.

I don’t know if I’m actually neverous or not, it’ll be weird being up there


I texted him back

Don’t worry, you’ll be fine and I’ll be out here, cheering u on ^-^

Well I know I’ll be fine…but I like the thought of you being out there ;)


I scoffed and rolled my eyes at his text and was about to reply but it was time for me, Kevin and Joe to introduce Nick.

"Please welcome, two-thirds of the Jonas Brothers who were nominated last year for best new artist, along with Rachael Lewis who was nominated for best new female artist” the voice-over said as a camera was pointed at the three of us standing near our table with me in the middle if both of them.

"Just one year ago we got the amazing news of our first ever Grammy nominations,” Joe started.

“So this year Joe and I are glad to be back to the Grammy nominations to introduce a new project from our brother, Nick,” Kevin said.

“And I’m more than honored to be here right now to be supporting and introducing my best friend to the world of new opportunities,” I added (reading the teleprompter).

“This year during our summer tour Nick went to Nashville to record an album called Who I Am,” Joe stated.

“Tonight playing for the first time anywhere, we're proud to introduce to you…” Kevin added.

“Nick Jonas and the administration,” I concluded and that is when Nick and his band began to play.

He looked amazing up there, he was always meant for this and I was so proud of him.


End of Flashback


Time Lapse~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


My movie premier is tonight! It’s time to stop taking breaks, stop running away from problems…and it’s time to work hard for my fans. They’ve been so patient and supportive of my small break (and Nick’s) but now its time to get back on track. I’m ready for more projects, interviews, song ideas…more opportunities…most importantly, I’m ready for tonight. I had on my white, long, flowing designer dress and I had my hair done so it was wavy and I had just a little makeup, nothing too serious. I was wearing heels that went with my dress too. Anna said it was important to make a good impression at my first premier. She wouldn’t tell me who would be there, and she wanted me to be surprised but she told me it was a pretty big thing that everyone in Hollywood was excited for. You know what the funny thing is though? I wasn’t really concerned about who would or wouldn’t be there…I was concerned about what Nick thought about me being in my first big movie, center stage. Yes, I’ve done guest appearances on shows and I was in Camp Rock one and two and Miley and I had our movie but she was more the main character...and this is my first ever solo film. I know he would love it no matter what, but I was still nervous. I cared about what he thought…no one else.

I walked downstairs after looking at myself once more in the mirror and I waited for Anna to show up with the limo. She was here with me all day but went home just to get ready. I looked to the side and saw mom sitting at the kitchen table.

“So you’re not coming then,” I stated a bit coldly.

“Not now Rachael,” she said.

“Then when mom?” I snapped.

“I have too much on my mind right now to be arguing with you, you’re father actually has a chance of winning this,” she muttered.

Yes, they are still fighting over custody of me, but their lawyers can never get the jury to pick a side. There’s one more hearing coming up and that’s when they’ll decide…but that’s the hearing I have to be at…and right now, I don’t want to be with either one of them. My father has been trying to make it up to me…and I admit we’ve had a few father/daughter moments…but it’s hard for me right now to forgive him and to just accept him back into my life.

Flashback

He took me out for some ice cream and we walked around a park. “So how are you and Nick doing?” he asked suddenly.

“Are you seriously asking me that?” I laughed lightly

“Yes…do I need to hunt him down…do anything rash…?”

“No, no…not yet…”

He cleared his throat. “I heard what happened about that Eric guy…and I really do wish I was here for it when it happened…he wouldn’t have gotten away with it so easily…”

“It’s alright dad…” I murmured.

“No it isn’t…” he started as he got us both to stop and face each other. “I really am sorry Rach…you have no idea…I want to make it up to you…I cant make up for all these years but I want to be there for you now,” he said.

“I know,” I whispered, trying to look at him (but not succeeding). Then he hugged me and I was hesitant but I hugged back. I missed him being there for me, I have to admit that much.


End of Flashback

“Maybe I want him to win this…” I snapped again and her head shot up to look at me.

“What?” she gaped and I instantly felt guilty…but I tried to hold my ground.

“Look, I’m turning seventeen soon and I don’t want you both to keep acting this way with me…at the next hearing I’ll be able to tell them what I’ve been going through and then we’ll see what happens from there…but right now I don’t care about any of that, tonight is my first movie premier that I’m staring in and my own mother wont be there, do you have any idea how that makes me feel mom?” I exclaimed.

She stared at me, her expression changed, she was sympathetic, sincere, worried, upset…all of these…but not one of them was the realization of what to do now. She opened her mouth to speak but she couldn’t find her words.

“I’m sure you knew about my premier…but did you even consider showing up to it?” She didn’t answer. “Yea…I didn’t think so,” I sighed.

The door bell rang. “That’s Nick…do what you want mom, show up at the premier…don’t show up at the premier, it would mean a lot to me if you came but do what you want…just know…that I am so done and over with all of this…I have a career to work at and I love doing it…and I have fans and people to please…I’m sorry but you don’t fall into those categories right now…I’m not sure if you care or not, but if you do, then you should start trying to make your way up to the top of my people to please list, before you make it up to my people to respect list,” I finished and walked to the door.

I grabbed my keys and my phone, put them in my small designers hand purse and opened the door with a smile. Nick was standing there in coat and tie. He looked me in the eyes first and kissed me hello, before looking me up and down and smirking.

“You look beautiful,” he complimented.

“You don’t look too bad yourself,” I replied.

“Ready to go?” he asked and I nodded before shutting the door.

Then right on cue, Anna showed up in the limo and I noticed Kevin and Joe were in there too. I was about to walk off the porch but he stopped me.

“Wait…is everything alright?” he asked. How could he know?

“What…?”

“Rea…I can tell…I see it in your eyes…something’s bothering you,” he said as he held my hand.

“It’s nothing…my mom and I…I just told her what I was thinking…how wrong it was for her to be missing tonight…” my voice trailed off with a shrug.

“Listen to me alright…tonight is about you…not about drama at home…about your mom, dad, past problems…it's not about how damaged you are..." he joked lightly and I laughed under my breath. "Tonight is about you being on the big screen for your first big movie,” he smiled and it made me want to cry.

Then he kissed my cheek, took my hand and helped me off the porch and to the limo. He opened the door for me and as we both got inside, there sat Joe, Kevin and Frankie in suits and Anna was in a very pretty golden dress. Our driver, Adam, began driving.

“So how’s our little Rea Rea on this exciting day?” Joe question.

“Nervous…but very excited,” I replied.

“You have no reason to be nervous, tonight is all about you and after, we are celebrating,” Kevin proclaimed.

“I know one thing, I am very excited!” Frankie cheered and I laughed lightly as everyone smiled.

“Tonight isn’t about work Rachael, one more night just to have fun and enjoy the outing with your friends, just take deep breaths…and try not to make a fool out of yourself if you see other celebrities at the premier,” Anna said and my eyes widened while the guys laughed.

We pulled up to the red carpet where fans and paparazzi were everywhere but with security holding them back and two velvet ropes leading the way, keeping everyone away from mobbing the celebs. The boys told me that Denise and Paul were coming a different way but they were definitely going to make it and it made me want to cry…again.

“Lets hit it,” Kevin said as the door opened and he stepped out first as wild screams and cheers filled the air.

Joe followed behind him and then so did Frankie. “Once you get out there, I’ll be near by if any reporters say anything that don’t need to be answered…I just want you to know I’m here,” she said and touched my knee with her hand for a comforting feeling.

Then she glanced between me and Nick before going out and waiting. Nick grabbed my hand and looked me in the eyes. “Tonight is your night, no one else’s, you deserve this night…”

“How can you say that? I just told my mother that I didn’t want to live with her and that I wanted to live with my jack ass of a father who has missed pretty much every part of my life and…” I began to babble but was cut off by his lips in a passionate kiss.

He cupped my face with both hands and touched my forehead with his. “You need to stop worrying so much…promise me you’ll at least try and have fun tonight?” he asked and I just nodded.

So then he got out of the limo waving to all the cheering fans and yelling paparazzi, then he turned and offered his hand to me. I took it and he helped me out of the limo. We got to his brothers with Anna close by and we worked our way down the carpet. I signed a few autographs and the guys followed my motion. Denise and Paul showed up in seconds, gave me hugs, congratulated me and stayed close to Anna who was always staying close to me. Nick, Joe, Kevin and I posed together for a lot of pictures as Nick always kept me close and kept one hand on the small of my back but when it came time for me to go to where the other cast was, I had to leave him. I walked over to my director and he gave me a big hug and my other ex-cast mates were there as well. I got to Jake and we hugged. He was my love interest in the movie and we became close friends. We share a kiss in the movie, but there’s nothing between us…and I’m so grateful that Nick knows that. They’ve met once and at first he was kind of stiff but they ended up laughing and talking like normal guys by the end of the day. Jake and I took a few pictures together but then he pointed in a direction, down the red carpet and my jaw dropped as I saw Shia Lebouf posing for a few pictures. Shia was at my movie premier! Jake laughed and pushed me in his direction.

I acted all natural and calm as I posed for a few pictures on the way. Then he saw me and came over to me. He hugged me and congratulated me on my movie. We posed for a few pictures together as I smiled brightly. I caught sight of Nick and flashed him a huge grin, secretly pointing to Shia and he laughed. Then I saw Megan Fox as well. Why on earth would Shia and Megan be at my premier? I saw so many actors and actresses after that as well. I was shocked beyond belief and I was so over whelmed. My favorite actors were here (I wasn’t sure why though) and a few artists were there as well. Ones that I have met before…like Carrie, Kelly and Jordin…Underwood, Clarkson and Sparks that is. They were all there for me and that just made my heart soar. But the ones I was looking for, hadn’t seemed to be seen yet…I was actually beginning to doubt the fact that were coming. But then I saw Selena and Demi and they saw me. We rushed over to each other and we all hugged as we started acting like giggling school girls but then remembered we had an audience. So we all posed together for pictures…then Taylor showed up. She actually came from her tour for the premier! We hugged and talked some words as we posed together as well…then I saw Miley. She was posing by herself until she saw me. We’ve exchanged texts and phone calls but we haven’t seen each other. We got to each other and hugged for a few long minutes and we posed for pictures as we were exchanging some sentences and laughing together. Billy Ray was there too and I gave him a hug.

Then I got to a bad spot where paparazzi and interviewers were bombing me with questions. I tried to answer most of them the best to my ability and then the people from the E! put the camera on me.

“Oh yea, I’m so excited, I still can not believe one bit that all of my favorite actors and artists are here,” I cooed and she went to ask another question but Anna saved me.

We finally got in and I caught up with the Jonas’ again and Nick and I sat down side by side. Miley ended up on my other side, with Demi next to her and then Selena next to her and then Taylor at the end, next to Selena. Jake, along with some other ex-cast mates were behind us. Miley and I chit chat a lot and I also talked to Taylor, Demi and Selena tons. The movie began and Nick leaned over to whisper in my ear.

“I’m happy to see you and Miley talking again” he stated and I smiled. “And I saw the way you were when you were with Shia,” he added and I giggled.

“You got some competition Jonas, you better step up your game,” Jake whispered since he was eaves dropping. I rolled my eyes at him as Nick chuckled lightly.

“Oh please, Lebouf has nothing on me,” he stated, causing me to laugh silently, not wanting to cause heads to turn.

We directed our eyes back to the screen and right when we did, it was the scene where I was running down a hallway of a laboratory on a mission and as soon as my face was shown, cheers started to be heard from everyone in the huge theater especially from Kevin, Joe, Frankie, Miley, Demi, Selena and Taylor. Nick laughed first and then joined in, causing me to turn a deep shade of pink. I punched Nick in the arm and he laughed as he stopped cheering and it calmed down. I shook my head in embarrassment. This was going to be a long night.

~~~~~~~~

Okay…it was almost over. It was the ending. By now I was covered in bruises, scraps, cuts, dirt and I was laying on the ground beside Jake (who played Brandon) because of an explosion. Once we both came to our senses, we stood up, with him helping me. We starred at the building which was now, no more and he said some sly guy pick up line, which had me giggle. Then we faced each other, he said something romantic and we kissed. Your simple ending to a story. As soon as we kissed, everyone began cheering and clapping and they got even louder when the credits started rolling. They quieted down slightly as my voice came on though.

“This was just the beginning,” I had said, hinting to everyone there will be a sequel.

I had seen the script and I also found out David (Henry) was auditioning for a new part in the movie. The script was definitely interesting…but I’ll get more into that later. Everyone started standing up, cheering and Nick leaned over to me and whispered,

“You were excellent,” and kissed my cheek.

~~~~~

As everyone was leaving, I lost Nick and the others in the crowd, but I made my way outside. There, standing in a suit, at the end of the carpet, starring right at me with those eyes that actually got me thinking I might have loved.

“Eric,” I whispered.

Yes…Eric. He stood there, staring right at me. What do I do?
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333