‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

We're In A Hospital Arent' We?

Light began to seep through my eye lids as I began to blink my eyes open. I saw Anna and Zach smiling and talking over by the window. I saw her smiling down at her ring and then he lifted her hand to hold it. I smiled at her happiness. It was about time she found a guy…and this guy is perfect. If I wasn’t so in love with Nick, I was a little older and I didn’t like Anna, I’d be trying to steal him away from her. But none of those things are true. This guy is everything Anna deserves and more. He’s charming, funny, incredibly sweet and romantic, he works hard…not as hard as Anna but he‘s so understanding about her job and about how she works for me…and lets face it, he’s drop dead gorgeous. I cant wait for them to get married already. I admired the way she smiled at him. I hope I smile that way at Nick…letting him know he’s the only one I see…the only one I want to be with.

They both started to lean in toward each other and I figured that was my cue to say something. “Ew. Get a room,” I joked and they both looked over at me. He chuckled.

“Good morning Rachael,” he said as he came over to me and kissed my head.

“Umm Nick called, I told him to come in a half hour because I figured you would wake up soon,” Anna said.

“I’m going to go find some breakfast,” Zach announced and walked out.

“I’m going to go…get some too,” Anna added.

“Yea, you go get some,” I joked and wiggled my eye brows at her.

She rolled her eyes at me and walked out. I giggled as I reached over to grab my phone on the small table beside my bed and I was confused when I saw who texted me.

From Taylor:

Hey…are you alright?


I eyed the text, skeptically. I haven’t talked to Taylor…for months.

To Taylor:

Umm yea. I am…

From Taylor:

I know we haven’t talked since our fight a few months ago…but that doesn’t change the fact that you were and always will be my BFF…Joe told me last night

To Taylor:

Awwww Tay!…yea I’m fine…I’ve kinda missed u though

From Taylor:

Me too!! Movie premier in four days. You’re going right?!

To Taylor:

2see that new Jennifer Aniston movie right? Yea I am!

From Taylor:

Sleepover? My place? Right after movie? Pizza, ice cream and baking cookies sound good?

To Taylor:

Excellent. Sounds so awesome. I really cant wait

From Taylor:

Good…and I hope you’re not mad at me anymore because I’m coming to see you today

To Taylor:

Well obviously I’m not mad at u.

From Taylor:

Good…but I don’t think I’ll be the only one visiting you today

To Taylor:

What do u mean???

From Taylor:

Turn on channel 7 news in ten minutes!


“Ten minutes?” I whispered to myself.

I started looking for the remote. I saw it on the far end of the small table. I sighed and began to reach for it. It was too far. I tried to stretch farther. I started to fall off the bed and right when I was preparing for the hit to the ground and for the machines to fall on top of me…I felt arms wrap around me. I opened my eyes and saw it was Nick…how he did it, I’ll never know.

“You have to be more careful Rachael,” he said with so much seriousness and concern in his voice.

I gripped onto his shoulders as he set me up slowly and sat me back into my spot. I did my best to hide my extra bandages…luckily, he was looking into my eyes the whole time.

“Hello to you too,” I smiled and he smiled back, before kissing me quickly.

I looked over his shoulder and saw some flowers on the small table.

“I grabbed some flowers at the florist place down the street before coming over, and then I had to sneak in through the back of the hospital, have you even looked outside?” he asked.

“No…why?” I asked.

He started to help me out of the bed. I grabbed the machine that kept track of my heart rate and slowly he helped me walk over to the window as I rolled the machine with us. I looked outside and my jaw dropped. There were tv reporters and paparazzi all over the place…but there was also fans…a ton of them. Holding multiple posters with my name on them.

“Oh my god…” I whispered.

Sometimes, stuff like this is just so surreal. It’s unbelievable. People actually do this kind of stuff for me…it’s just too crazy.

“This is what Taylor was talking about,” I said and he began to help me back to the bed.

“Taylor…as in Taylor, Taylor?” he asked.

“Yep…she texted me this morning. She said I’ll always be her best friend and she wanted to know if I was okay. Joe told her last night…after the movie premier, we’re having a sleepover at her house,” I said and smiled.

“So this is a good thing,” he assumed.

“It is…I’ve really missed her. I want her around again,” I told him and he smiled lightly at me.

“Well then I’m happy you’re happy,” he said and I giggled at his cheesiness.

I was finally comfortable under the sheets and I relaxed a little. “How are you feeling?” he asked.

“Better…definitely ready to get out of here…I don’t like it here,” He chuckled.

“I know you don’t. Which is why as soon as we get the word, I am taking you out of this place and getting you some ice cream,” he offered and I made a sound of satisfaction.

“Knock knock,” a voice said.

“We come baring gifts,” another voice added as the door opened and Demi and Joe came walking in with coffee and bagels.

“We got it cleared by your doctor that you’re supposed to get something into your system,” Joe said.

“Yea, he said you haven’t been eating and you have nothing in your stomach from throwing up,” Demi said with concern as Nick threw me a glance.

He didn’t say anything but just the look alone, I could tell he was scolding me. “I’m starving…and I could really go for some coffee,” I smiled and they smiled back.

Demi sat on the side of the bed and handed me my coffee as Joe set the bagels down on the table. Then Anna and Zach came in and Anna walked over to us, without saying a word, she grabbed the remote and turned the tv on so it was on channel 7. On the screen, it was showing outside the hospital and there was a lot of noise from the fans.

“You’re here with Theresa and here I am outside California Orange County Hospital where international rock star, Rachael Lewis is because of last night. After a fantastic performance from Rachael, Demi Lovato, the Jonas Brothers and Justin Bieber last night, something started to wrong with wiring and it lead to a massive fire. Everyone seemed to get out but Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas seemed to be the last ones. Then Nick Jonas comes running to the scene and is throwing an absolute fit because his big brother was holding him back from running into the burning building to save one person who was still in there…Rachael Lewis…”

“I was not throwing a fit,” Nick mumbled.

“What would you call it then,” Joe commented and Nick just glared, punching Joe in the arm.

Then Demi and Anna shushed them and they shut up as I giggled quietly. “Luckily, one of the firemen, Harry Thomas, ran in and got her out safely. We haven’t gotten any further news about her recovery but paparazzi and magazine journalists are just lines up ready for anything that can give them a lead…can’t they just give the girl a break? But look at all of these fans supporting her…” the woman said and the camera scanned around, seeing a whole ton of fans and they went over to a couple of them.

“Any words you have to say to Rachael in case she‘s watching?”

“Rachael, we just hope you get out soon,” one girl said.

“Yea, get well soon,” another said.

“What do you have to say about all of this and about what’s going on,” the woman asked a mom-looking woman.

“I think Rachael deserves all of this. She’s such a fantastic role model for kids all ages and even adults. She sends a great message to people and I just hope she gets out on her feet again, sending the same message” she said and I felt myself blush.

“Okay, that’s enough of people talking about me,” I said and shut it off. Then a doctor came in.

“Hello miss Lewis how are you doing…I’m doctor Herold,” he said, shaking my hand and then went to looking at the machines and whatnot.

“It’s nice to meet you doctor…can I leave now?” I sighed. He chuckled at my petulance.

“Not quite…I would just like to run a few more tests to make sure that everything is functioning the way it’s supposed to…does anything hurt?”

“Nope, nothing at all,” I replied. But then Nick gave me a look.

“Tell him what hurts,” he ordered.

I sighed and glared at him. “Just my wrist a little…I haven’t moved it much this morning and it feels kind of tingly,” I told him, honestly.

“Well lets have a look, may I?” he asked, gesturing to my wrist. “Of course,” I replied.

He gently took my wrist into his hand…and everything was fine…until he moved it and I flinched a little. “Did that hurt?”

“Just a little”

He moved it some more and I yanked my wrist away. “Okay, yea that hurt a lot,” I said, rubbing my wrist lightly.

“No one checked your wrist? Who checked you out and what did they check,” he demanded as he grabbed his pen and clip board.

“Well I didn’t really get names since I was a little groggy…”

“I could point out who checked her…and they only checked her stomach and her legs” Anna interrupted, eyeing me as if I would break and she would break out into hysterics.

“And no one bothered to check her head or her arms?” he asked, furiously. I shook my head when he looked at me.

“I apologize deeply miss Lewis, it will be taken care of, but now I really would like to do some tests and make sure no concussion was done and I’m afraid your wrist is nearly broken. It isn’t completely, but one more false move and it will be. I would like to get you a cast immediately if that’s alright”

“Of course doctor. Whatever you have to do,” I nodded.

“Excellent. I will go get a nurse and we will get started. The sooner this is over, the sooner you get out”

“My thoughts exactly,” I agreed and he smiled a warm smile at me.

Then a nurse walked in. “I’m sorry to interrupt doctor but miss Lewis has a guest and some gifts,” she said and continued smiling at me…to be honest, it was kinda creepy. I forced a smile back.

“Miss Lewis and Ms. Stylist have already requested no fans are aloud to come in so please make sure that everyone knows this” doctor Herold said.

“Of course sir…but this guest I think would be okay, Justin Bieber?” she asked and the doctor looked at him.

“Yes, he’s a friend, you can send him in,” I told her with a real smile.

“There are also some other guests, waiting to be sent up miss Lewis”

“The only other people I could think of are Miley, Liam and your parents with Frankie and Big Rob…but you told them not to come right?” I said and gave Nick a look.

“Yea cause you asked me too"

“Well, Miley and Liam are here but there’s also Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, David Henrie, the guys from the Do-Gooders…” she started to list and I could tell her fan side was coming out.

I heard the heart machine pick up the pace just a little as I thought about Eric being out there. Everyone looked at me and I calmed down a little.

“Miss Lewis, you really cant get stressed out right now…I know it might be hard since you’re Rachael Lewis…” he joked and I laughed lightly.

“But stress really isn’t good for you right now,” he told me and I took a deep breath to calm down…but the thing that really got me to be calm was when Nick took my hand to hold it.

“Okay miss Jensen, I can handle the rest,” the doctor said and it wasn’t a harsh tone but it was still a tone that you didn’t want to mess with. I liked him as my doctor. She walked out.

“I must apologize again. She’s just an intern, she’s 17 and today is actually her first day…lucky you I know”

“Well if you don’t mind, could you send her in here later, I’d love to have someone to talk to when everyone ditches me later,” I told him and he nodded with a smile.

“Would you like me to go tell everyone to come in?” he asked.

“Umm well not everyone…can Nick and Joe go instead? I think that’d be better,” I said.

“Of course. I’ll give you some time with your guests but then I would really like to get that wrist in a cast,” I nodded. He then walked out.

“You want us to make sure Eric isn’t out there,” Nick said.

I could tell he tried to say that calmly but I could also hear the venom in his voice as he just said Eric’s name. I didn’t answer . I just avoided his eyes.

“I’ll make sure he’s not out there,” Joe mumbled, viciously as he stalked toward the door.

“Joe! Don’t do anything stupid” I pleaded.

“What? We’re in a hospital aren’t we?” I rolled my eyes at him.

My POV

“Please go with him and make sure he doesn’t punch Eric‘s face in,” she requested as she looked at me.

Who’s gonna make sure I don’t punch his face in? I just nodded. Then the two of us left the room. Anna quickly caught up though with Zach.

“If either of you do happen to punch his face in though, we want in,” Zach said.

“No one is punching anyone’s face in…and if anyone’s going to do it, it’s going to be me first…then you guys can jump in” Anna said.

Just hearing his name got me all wired and made me want to punch something…someone.
♠ ♠ ♠
u guys seriously are amazing
i never been half way to 100 comments before!
its so cool!
u guys deserve so much more than what i write for u
but i hope these chapters will suffice ;)

<<333