‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

Speaking of Stress

We got downstairs to the waiting room and I saw Miley, Liam, Selena, Taylor, Justin, David, Jake, Collin and Austin…no sign of Eric. As soon as they all saw us, they rushed over to us.

“How is she?” Selena demanded.

“Is she okay? She never texted back after my last text,” Taylor fired right after.

“Any more news?” Miley added as they all got in my face.

“Girls, calm down,” David said as him, Jake and Liam all pulled them back a little.

But then they all just spun around to get in my face as well. “Well? Are you going to answer their questions?” Liam asked.

“Yea, tell us what’s going on,” David added.

“Can we go see her?” Austin, Collin, Jake and Justin all said at once…which was weird.

“Well not all of you. The doctor said she cant have any stress right now…and too many people is too much for her right now”

“I call first!” Miley announced and was about to run off…when the door opened and in came Eric.

We all stared. “Speaking of stress,” Liam commented.

Everyone was silent and once Eric came toward us more, he finally realized we were staring and he stared back like a deer in headlights.

I saw Miley take off toward him. “You have a lot of nerve showing up here,” she sneered at him and I gave Liam a look.

He took it the right way and got to her before he could do any damage to Eric…but if she did, I wouldn’t have minded. He got to her and held her back.

“Calm down Miley, as soon as I heard about Rachael I just wanted to see if she was okay”

“Well she doesn’t want to see you Eric…I think you should just go home,” Jake said as we all stalked toward him while Justin, Taylor and Selena stayed back, being really confused.

He was quiet until he looked at me and Joe. “Okay…fine, I’ll leave,” he said, putting his hands up in defeat.

We watched him walk out. We were silent again. “I still call first!” Miley announced again and raced away. I just chuckled under my breath and rolled my eyes at her as we all followed.

We all walked up to Rachael’s room and when we walked in Miley was already making Rachael laugh and talking up a storm with her. When we entered though, they got silent as Rachael’s eyes met Taylor’s. They were best friends who drifted apart, obviously it would be weird. It was weird because Selena was here too but not as weird. Rachael really never was mad at her…I don’t think…but it almost seemed like it was weird for Demi. I wouldn’t doubt it. But I know the two of them wouldn’t be the weirdness before Rachael. Rachael began to stand up and she was leaning on her left foot. She was welcoming Taylor back with open arms. I know how much she missed her. Taylor quickly rushed to her and hugged her. I read her lips as it looked like she said she was sorry and Rachael replied with an “I know”. Then they let go and Rach motioned for Selena to go to her as well and they hugged.

“I’m really happy you’re okay” she said. Then they let go and Justin walked forward to hug her and he gave her a flower. “You have to get out of here soon so we can hang out” he said, awkwardly and she giggled. “Thank you” she said and kissed his cheek.

He smiled brightly and went back to his spot as the guys started to tease him. We all knew he had a crush on Rachael, he knew we knew so I think that may have been why he joked around when the others teased him because it was just out of good fun and amusement.

David, Jake, Austin and Collin all hugged Rachael before she got back into bed. She kept giving me glances and I could tell she was wondering about Eric. I just ignored her looks. As the day progressed, the guys from Honor Society showed up and stayed for a while, Carrie (Underwood) even showed up for a bit. Selena, David, Justin, Jake, Austin and Collin all had to leave because they had work. But while they were there, they helped keep Rachael distracted from the pain that was now arising from her wrist and from the shots she was given and the doctor gave her a cast. Taylor, Miley and Demi were at Rachael’s side the whole time though. Yea, everyone knows how close Rachael and Demi; practically sisters; inseparable at the hip…it’s how Rachael and Miley used to be. But Miley will always be the best friend who believed in Rachael…the one who was there for her when I couldn’t be…and Taylor will always be the best friend who gave Rachael that small push she needed…the one who will always be there for her even if their in a fight. After Miley and Rachael double teamed and some arguing and debating happened, they got Liam to leave and go to an audition he was scheduled for. He didn’t want to leave…which I appreciated and I know Rachael did too…but no one says no to those girls when they team up.

Night was beginning to fall and Kevin came by again telling us Danielle wanted to come but had no way in getting out of her family function. Mom, dad, Frankie and Big Rob came too. They’ve been itching to come all day but Rachael didn’t want them to spend the day with her in the hospital…she didn’t want any of us to, but that wasn’t going to stop the girls (and Joe) and it certainly wasn’t going to stop me. Taylor had an interview at 6:30 though so she reluctantly left. Miley and Demi were starting to fall asleep in the chair that they were both sharing and Joe was already passed out on top of the radiator. Mom, dad, Frankie, Big Rob, Anna and Zach all went to the cafeteria to give the two of us somewhat privacy since really I didn’t get much time alone with her all day. I was sitting beside Rachael, holding one of her hands in mine and I was holding her fingers that were sticking out of the cast as well in mine as she played with my fingers.

“I cant believe Carrie came,” she said brightly.

“I can…you made a big impact on her”

“Me? Make an impact on Carrie Underwood? Yea right” she joked and rolled her eyes at me.

“Believe it or not miss Lewis, you make an impact on everyone around you”

“Oh do I now? I did not know that. Thank you for sharing that information mister Jonas,” she said sarcastically and I laughed under my breath.

Then…I felt her tense up slightly. “So…Eric?…Wasn’t down there?” she asked, avoiding my eyes, looking down at our hands.

“He showed up seconds after I got down there…Miley got in his face…and then so did everyone else…and he left,” I said, trying to at least get her to smile…it didn’t work. She just nodded.

“I love you,” she whispered. My eyes softened immensely at her.

“I love you too,” I said as I turned her chin so she would look at me.

I love how she would randomly tell me she loves me. I kissed her. The heart beat machine when a little faster. I pulled away quickly and saw she blushed.

“Damn machine,” she mumbled. “The things you do to me Nicholas…you still make my heart speed up after all these years,” she smiled and tilted her head to the side slightly, just how I’ve always loved it.

“You don’t even know what you do to me,” I admitted quietly and just when I’m about to kiss her again, the door flies open and bangs against the wall, causing Joe to wake up abruptly and falling off the radiator which also caused Miley and Demi to slowly wake up.

Joe jumped up acting as if he didn’t just fall and we all looked to see Rachael’s dad come rushing in.

“I just got Nicks voice mail this morning and I was five hours away and I hit traffic, I have allies, I’ll call anyone you want for backup,” he began to explain at a fast rate as he got to the other side to Rachael.

She was in pure shock…I could tell it from her face. She was beginning to really love her dad again but she didn’t really expect him to show up at all while she was here. She wasn’t getting her hopes up. She told me that her Dad was still on the defensive when it came to her trusting him. She did trust him now, but she doesn’t think he believes her much…I know she doesn’t trusts him a whole lot but I know she still trusts him somewhat.

“It’s okay dad…” she managed out and then looked at me. “You called him?”

“I thought he should know from someone he knows and not from the media,” I answered.

“Well thank you…I’m happy you called,” she said and even though there were people in the room, listening to us, the way she said that, it was so intimate…so innocent and sweet…her eyes sparkled as she looked at me.

“I don’t think you’ll be too happy with me when you find out who came with me…she called, asking for a ride because her car broke down…” her dad started saying…well babbling is more like it…but he stopped, seeming like he was struggling to find words. Demi and Miley stood up and stretched a little.

When we all heard the door creak and a few knocks were heard, our attention was directed at the door. In walked Tara…Rachael’s mother.

“Hey Rea,” she said quietly as Rachael had the look of death in her eyes…well not exactly but it was dangerously close to it. It scared me to see that kind of look in her eyes.

I used to think she gave me that look when she said she hated me…but this look was nothing close to it. Her eyes weren’t sparkling…she wasn’t even close to even cracking a smile…she just had a blank look on her face…with her teeth clenched together and her eyes wide…staring at the woman who gave up on her own daughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay so maybe another chapter when we hit 60 comments?
is tht too much? how about at least 55 or 56....60 or higher would be so cool tho
and more subscribers would be cool too -.-
but ill def settle for the amazing comments ^-^

Image