‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

I'm Not You

Rachael’s POV

I stared…wide-eyed. My mother…was standing in front of me. The woman who “raised” me…the one didn’t believe in me…the one who deserted me when I started to actually believe that she would be there for me. Everyone was silent. But then Nick squeezed my hand for reassurance, kissed my cheek and he led Miley, Demi and Joe out of the room as dad followed them and he shut the door. She came closer but still kept her distance from me.

“…you and Nick seem to be going through some stuff…”

“Yea we are…the whole past year we have been going through some stuff…”

“I know…the tabloids certainly have you covered”

“Yea I think my fans know more about me than you do,” I sneered.

She ignored my snaps at her. “And you have money, yes? You’re living well”

“I’m living fine…” was all I said and she was silent.

It seemed like she was just itching to leave the room and never come back. “Rachael…” she started but I interrupted.

“First, you use me to get your own fame, then you disappear for pretty much a full year and I found out you’re in rehab for most of the year and you’re sleeping around with some guy…” I hit a nerve.

“I know I haven’t been around much but you can not talk to me that way, I am still your mother…”

“No mom you aren’t. A mother is someone who is always there for their daughter, someone who I can go to for advice or just to talk to, someone who leads me down the right path. Someone who loves their kid unconditionally and would protect them any harm. You are not any of those things. Anna has replaced you. She’s more of a mother than you will ever be! Her and Denise! Without them I don’t know where I would’ve ended up!” I yelled at her as tears threatened my eyes.

I saw pain flash across her eyes and honestly, I felt bad…for a split second. Right before I saw rage enter her eyes and the sympathy went away.

“Fine! I came down because I actually felt bad! I guess that was a mistake. If you get by so well without me then okay, I’ll leave and never come back! Coming here was a mistake but you were an even bigger mistake! I’ll leave Rachael but I’m never going to be completely out of your life and you know why? Because you’re me,” she said simply.

“I am not you,” I hissed, venomously.

“What’s going on in here?” Anna asked as her, Nick and Denise opened the door.

But my mother ignored their entry. “Oh you are more like me than you think Rachael. I know what you really do with Nicholas…but if it’s not with Nicholas then I bet it’s with someone else. I know you Rachael, you may want to think you can stick with one relationship but you’re used to all the attention guys give you. Do you really think you’ll be happy if Nick is the only guy you’re with the rest of your life? It’s why I didn’t marry. You think I sleep around? You shouldn’t be talking, when you get to my age and when you have the looks you have right now, you’ll be doing exactly what I’m doing”

Was she really saying all of this to me? Something in me snapped as soon as she mentioned Nick.

“I am nothing like you and you know nothing about me! I’ll never be you! Go to hell!” I shrieked at her and she smirked, placated with my reaction…but I couldn’t help but notice the pain that was very noticeable in her eyes.

The heart beat machine began to quicken as more tears began to fall and my breathing became uneven. “I think it’s time you left Tara,” Nick snapped as he got in her face in a threatening fashion before sitting beside me, trying to get me to calm down.

Then Denise and Anna got in front of her, ready to fight. Knowing Anna, she would’ve punched her lights out by now but I saw how she was more concerned about my health. So, Denise got to me and wrapped her arms around me as Nick held my hands securely as Anna shouted profanities at my mother. I lost my hearing though as the whole scene was over whelming. The last thing I remember seeing was dad rushing in with the doctor and dad practically threw my mother out of the room and the doctor rushed to me with a couple nurses behind him and Nick was being dragged out by Big Rob and then I blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes started to open but I was squinting because my eyes were exhausted from the crying and the sleeping I was doing. I saw out my window that it was dark out but the curtain were closed…and I wondered why….but at the moment I didn’t care. I remembered what happened…what was said. I stared up at the ceiling but then I looked back down at Nick was sitting in a chair beside my bed with his head laying on the bed, close to my stomach. I put my hand on his head and I began to play with his hair. It woke him up and he stared at me. He was about to shoot up but I gave him a look, telling him I didn’t want to talk about anything (meaning her) and to relax…so he did. He really did…and he just looked into my eyes as my hand rested on the side of his face.

“How are you?” he murmured.

“Tired…”

“Go to sleep,” he suggested.

“I will…I just wanted to see your face before I closed my eyes again,” I told him and he smiled.

Then, ever so gently and in a sift, cool, relaxed motion, he stood up, bent over and kissed my lips lightly and then my forehead.

“Are you staying?” I asked him as he put his forehead against mine.

“Only if you want me to,” he murmured.

“I just want to be sure that you wont disappear by the morning and I wont see you,” I said…and I could tell whatever the hospital gave me, was making me a little out of it. He smiled at me.

“I’d never…but I think the meds are getting to your head. Close your eyes…and sleep. I’ll be right here when you wake up…and the doctor said I can take you out of here tomorrow as soon as you‘re ready”

That thought made me smile as I shut my eyes. I was so over this place and ready to bust out. “Sing to me,” I requested.

When you look me in the eyes
And tell me that you love me
Everything’s alright
When you’re right here by my side
When I hold you in my arms
I know that it’s forever
I just gotta let you know
I never wanna let you go
When you look me in the eyes


With that sung…I fell asleep…with his melodic voice ringing in my head and soon enough, I was out…again.

My POV

I watched her as she slept. I held her hand and watched her chest rise up and down, letting me know she was sound asleep. She was pale and a little clammy, she had light circles under her eyes and her hair was messed up and frizzy…yet I couldn’t stop staring at her…thinking how beautiful she was. I couldn’t wait to get her out of here…I hated seeing her in this position. She doesn’t deserve this…any of this. I heard everything Tara said to Rach. I kind of wish it was her dad who was fighting with Rachael, that way I could’ve just punched him…and I would have too. But it was Tara…and as much as I wanted to…I wouldn’t hit her…but it definitely looked like mom and Anna were going to. Especially when Anna were throwing words out of her mouth like crazy. Rachael passed out…it wasn’t anything serious and I thanked God for it. She was just overwhelmed by it all…and I don’t blame her one bit. Tara had no right to say what she did. She doesn’t know Rachael and Rachael is not and will never be like her mom. I know that for a fact. I smiled at mom who was holding her head in her hand as she rested her arm on the arm rest of the chair on the other side of Rachael. She was the one who was there for Rachael when she needed it all the years we’ve known her. Even the three years that I had no contact with her, I know she had contact with mom. Then there was Anna who really took over when mom couldn’t. Anna was her mentor, her publicist, her manager, her friend and her motherly figure…I know Rachael would be absolutely heart broken if anything ever happened to Anna…and I don’t think I can handle seeing her in a depression state. Rachael deserves more…she deserves to live the life she wants, to do what she wants, to say what she wants…and I’ll be the one she comes to. So when she’s ready to blow up and vent and rant about anything she wants…I’ll be there…I’ll always be there.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay so i felt generous
its small but its something tht should hold u over for just a bit :)

<<333