‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

Trying To Stay Out of Trouble

Rachael’s POV

I woke up the next morning and opened my eyes all the way. I was wide awake, I felt refreshed and energized. I don’t know what it was, but I was ready to just jump up and do jumping jacks…okay maybe not jumping jacks, I was still really tired, but you get the picture. Nick was now in bed beside me, hugging my waist, sleeping silently. His head was by my stomach though, how he ended up down there I'll never know. I began playing with his curls. Anna walked in and I put my finger up to my lips and pointed to Nick. She nodded and quickly came to my side.

"Denise had to get home to Paul and Frankie...she didn't want to leave but I made her. She wants you to go there as soon as you can," she told me and I nodded.

"He hasn't left your side," she stated.

"I know," I murmured. "I don't deserve him," I added.

"Rach if you don't deserve him then its cause you deserve more...which isn't the case...you both deserve each other...don't think about it any other way," she instructed and I stared at her.

"Thank you"

"For what?"

"For everything," I replied an she just smiled and kissed my head.

"Demi should be here soon dropping off your clothes but she has to leave right away because she has to work...and so does Nick..."

"I know. I'll make sure he gets there"

"Well you're off for as long as you need. Obviously you can't do much anyway...and the doctor said no stress so if I say you can't do something it's for your own good," she said, pointing a finger a me as her mother mode took over. I couldn't help but laugh.

Nick stirred a little but slowly began to wake up. He smiled up at me. "Well hello there sleeping beauty," I joked an he snuggled his face into my stomach as he made a noise.

"Hungry?"

"Just a little"

"Well super Joe is to the rescue," Joe said as he came in with a bag with donuts and coffee...again.

"Where's your side kick?" I pouted.

"She had work. It's 10:30," he stated as he placed it all down on he side table.

"Well you're definitely my hero," Anna said and took a coffee cup.

"Anytime my fair maiden...but speaking of work..." he started to say as he eyed Nick and Nick started shaking his head.

"Don’t think I don't know. I know you have to get to the studio and I know about your filming..."

"I never doubted that you knew. I don't know how you do it, but you know everything"

"And don't you forget it," I said and then he kissed me before standing up and stretching.

"Not that I don't love having you here and bring me food Joe but why else are you here?"

"To see you obviously...and plus Nick told me to come and help you escape once we get outside. Big rob is waiting downstairs," he said.

Before I could reply, the doctor came in. "How’s our patient?"

"Fantastic. No lie. I can go now right?" I asked and he chuckled.

"Yes, just as soon as I show you how to put this brace on your leg. You’ll be rolled out of the hospital in a wheel chair and from there you’ll use crutches but when you get home, I suggest you put the brace on to put some kind of weight on it so it heals properly. Wear the brace tomorrow but maybe after that for a day or two, use the crutches, then the brace. It's not the stylist thing out there for movie premiers..."

"I'm sure I'll survive"

"Good answer," he said and I sat up so he began to show me how to put it on.

Once he did, he wrapped my ankle securely and tightly in a big bandage and crutches were brought to my room.

"Thank you doctor so much"

"It was my pleasure miss Lewis. Try to stay you of trouble," he pleaded.

"No promises," I sang and he chuckled as he walked out.

I had to wait for 11:30 to come because that was when Demi was coming with my clothes. She came, hugged me and raced back out to make it back to work on time. I changed in the bathroom and when I opened the door, Nick was at my side immediately, helping me to the bed.

"You ready?" he smiled at me as a nurse came in with a wheel chair.

"You know it," I replied and Joe grabbed my crutches while Nick and Anna helped me into the chair.

"Okay. Let's go," I said and we all headed toward the elevator. We got in and got to the main lobby where Big Rob was waiting for us.

"Big Rob! If I weren't broken right now, I'd jump up and hug you," I told him.

"How about a rain check?"

"You got it"

"I already have the car parked right outside the door but the paparazzi is ready to swarm and there's a good 20 feet from the doors to the car" he said to Nick as we were almost at the exit.

I sighed. Big rob opened the doors and we were now outside. Big Rob started to do his best by keeping everyone back but I started feeling extremely claustrophobic as flashes were going off in all directions as questions and comments were flying off the handle. Anna was helping big rob as Nick had his back to all of them, keeping them away from me. Joe was doing the same as hey both helped me stand up and Joe went to hand me my crutches but I really saw no way in how to use them in my small area. I was about to take them when I felt my feet leave the ground and I ended up on Nicks back. He pushed through as big rob and Anna kept them all away from us while Joe was right behind us holding my crutches and my brace. The way Nick maneuvered around everyone with me on his back amazed me. He never ceases to amaze me.

We got to the van and Joe quickly opened the door as Nick set me down in the seat and he shut the door quickly and ran to the other side to get in and Joe followed. We were all now in the car and Big Rob sped off. "Well that was a way to do it" I commented, looking at Nick. He shrugged.

"Thank you for being with me Nick...the whole time"

"You sound like you're leaving"

"Well you have work so I'm going home..." I said kind of slow as if it was really obvious.

"No you're not. Your coming with us. I'm not letting you out of my sight"

"Nick I'm not going to break if I go home and sit on the couch"

"No but you’ll become lazy and Rachael Lewis is not lazy," Joe stated.

"Yea. What he said. Plus I know you don't want to just sit around all day"

"I don't want to be in the way"

"Rea you're never in the way"

"Yea Chief, people are afraid to be in your way. Don't you know that by now? Your not as smart as people may think you are," I flicked him in the head.

"Hey you two, don't make me come back there," Big Rob threatened.

"Joe you are such a child when you’re with Rachael," Nick stated.

"Shut your face Nicholas," he said and I don't know why but the way he said it was just funny so I started laughing as Nick sneered at his brother and pouted at me.

I tried to contain my giggles. I was finally out of that damn hospital and I really didn't care what I did or what was said, as long as I was out with friends and if I had Nick watching my every move, then that just made it all better.

~~~~~~~~~~

First stop was the studio. We all got out of the car as Nick helped me. He grabbed my crutches for me and wrapped his other arm around my waist and with ease he pulled me out of the car. He handed me my crutches and we all began to walk toward the building…but then we saw paparazzi running our way. Before I could even blink, Nick swooped me up into his arms, bride saddle, and ran me into the building as Joe was holding my crutches again and Anna and Big Rob quickly shut the doors once we were all inside. In mere seconds though, Kevin came through the doors as well as the paps were asking him questions and for comments from him about me. He just smiled, waved and ignored them and shut the doors. He came over to me and hugged me so lightly, like I would break even more.

“Good to see you out and about”

“It’s good to be out and about…you can’t always be carrying me everywhere today though. I’m eventually going to have to talk to them,” I laughed lightly at Nick.

“I know. But you just got out of the hospital, you shouldn’t have to talk to anyone yet if you don’t want to,” he said and I was about to respond but before I could, we all directed our attention to the elevator as it opened.

There stood all the members of the Do-Gooders. “What were you saying about not talking to anyone if she doesn’t want to?” Kevin asked, rhetorically as I heard venom in his voice.

I saw the hatred in Joe’s eyes as his eyes widened in anger and then narrowed. Nick’s expression was kept cool and collected but I noticed his jaw locked up and he became tense.

Eric looked petrified almost. Austin and Collin didn’t care though, they came running at me…they looked at Nick and saw his warning look, so they began to slow down. I had to laugh. They (in a civilized way) hugged me tightly. It kind of hurt a little but I didn’t complain. Then Jake came over with a smile and hugged me ever so lightly.

“It’s about time you got out of there. Any longer and I would’ve started to think you’d be getting lazy on us,” he joked as he pulled away to look at me.

“Never,” I laughed.

Everyone was eyeing Eric…and it looked like he seemed trapped. “Guys! We have to make the meeting quick because then in a few minutes, you’re having a meet and greet in the back of the building,” a man said.

Nick looked torn between going for his career or staying with me. “Go on, I’m not going anywhere,” I told him and he nodded.

He kissed my cheek before walking off with Kevin and Joe. Eric stayed in his spot while the three of them were staring him down. As soon as they disappeared behind the door, he seemed to relax…only a little. A few loud thumps and knocks were heard and we all turned to see Justin walking through the paparazzi. He made it, luckily, and came in.

“No wonder!” he said aloud as he smiled at me, came over and hugged me lightly.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” I asked.

“Recording. I’m a little early though. I had nothing better to do”

“Well then it’s your lucky day”

“Yea,” he laughed.

I smiled at him and when I turned back around, I saw Eric was now beside Jake. “Can we talk?” he asked, lowly as if no one else around us would hear.

“I don’t want to” I told him, flat out.

“Come on Rach…”

“Dude, just let it go…” Jake murmured to him.

“I’m going to the piano room,” I announced quietly and used my crutches to walk away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I began to play some random notes. A few minutes went by and I heard the door open. I saw it was Justin. I smiled.

“I just wanted to see if you were okay,” he said as he shut the door but stayed over there.

“Yea…I’m fine…” I replied and moved over on the bench, cuing him to come join me. He happily obliged.

“So what’s up with you and Eric…you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to, I know it’s none of my business…was it that bad of a breakup?”

I didn’t respond.

“I’m here if you wanna talk,” he informed me and he began to play his random notes on the piano as I played mine.

“It wasn’t a bad breakup…well it was…but that was such a long time ago…we were friends…but then he ruined it…and he hurt me emotionally and physically…lets just leave it at that”

“Guess that’s why Nick’s always so tense and Joe was ready to kill him yesterday when he showed up”

“Yea…that’s why,” I said and he left it alone.

As the minutes continued to pass, Justin made the mood more light and he was making me laugh. We started writing a song together. In minutes, it was complete…and then Nick came walking through the door, smiling.

“Hey, what are you guys doing?” he asked.

His tone wasn’t accusing, it wasn’t rude…it was a simple question. “Just writing a song”

“Well thanks for keeping her out of trouble Justin, it’s much appreciated,” he joked and I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Wasn’t a problem. I’ll see you both tomorrow at the premier,” he said and gave me a hug before standing up and Nick did one of those guy hand shake things with him before he walked out.

Then I stood up and Nick and I walked out together.
♠ ♠ ♠
once again
u guys are so fantastically amazing
i hope these chapters are okay

<<333