‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

Stop Thinking Too Much

That night we were all pretty tired and each of us got a good rest. The next morning, Joe got me up and we got our water guns and headed to the girls’ guest room. It was only 10:00 and they were sound asleep. If we let them, they could stay in bed all day if they really wanted to. We walked in quietly and we both counted to three before shooting water at the girls. They both immediately jumped up and chased out of the room. We ran down the hallway, almost knocking both Kevin and Danielle over and we ran downstairs, skipping steps as we go. We ran right out the door of the house, the girls were catching up. We ran to the back as Rachael was really picking up the pace. Then all of a sudden, I felt my feet trip over one another and I went down, causing Joe to trip on top of me and the girls followed after. We all started laughing.

“Hey you four! Come back inside before you all catch colds!” mom yelled and we all began to obey.

We reached the warmth of inside and we joined the family at the table to eat breakfast. Maya came just in time. After breakfast we all got ready for the day. We tried to “get rid” of the adults to try and give them some times to themselves, but they all wanted to come with us when we said we wanted to go out for a walk. It was only a little cold and there wasn’t snow on the ground yet so there was no harm in going for a walk. It felt good for all of us to be just hanging out. We walked to the baseball field nearby and began to play some wiffle ball. We even got mom, dad, Big Rob, Anna and Zach to play. It was actually pretty amusing. Afterwards, mom, dad, Anna and Zach went to do their own thing (once we convinced them) and we told Big Rob to do the same but he wouldn’t. We all went for lunch and then to our all time favorite ice cream shop and then we promised Frankie we would go to the park. On the way there, Demi, Rea and Maya were the ones who were talking the most and having everyone laugh to their stories and then Rachael would include Danielle as well and we all started to talk about when we first met Danielle in the Bahamas which caused Kevin to do a few eye rolls. Rachael and Joe made the story hilarious though. Then Joe and Kevin started to tell a few embarrassing stories of me and Rachael which made her actually blush, I got a kick out of it. It was almost as if we were starting to take a trip down memory lane…there were a lot of them. Sometime during the walk, I grabbed Rachael’s hand absentmindedly and intertwined our fingers. For a few of the stories, she was laughing so hard, she had to cling onto me to support her. I couldn’t help but join in and laugh at her laughing.

We got to the park and spent some time there for Frankie, before we began to head home so Rachael, Demi, Anna and Zach could get some dinner before they all had to leave for New York. After dinner, it was 6:00 and it seemed like the day went by so fast. Rachael and I went out in the front yard and laid down in the grass, staring up at the few stars and the moon that were already out, staying close to each other for body heat.

“I still cant believe I wont be there for your birthday…you really have no idea how terrible I feel” I murmured.

“Don’t…it isn’t your fault…we’re both busy. I’ll survive if you aren’t there for one birthday” Her words didn’t help much…I still felt bad.

I shouldn’t have to miss my own girlfriends birthday just because we’re busy. There’s no way I want us to be too busy for each other. I guess she noticed I was deep in thought because then she started to kiss my ear, distracting me from my previous thoughts.

“Stop thinking too much…it’ll be fine…you can make it up to me” she murmured.

But I didn’t respond…I couldn’t…so instead, I just brought her lips to mine and kissed her. We started to make out just a little and then she pulled away, cupped my cheek and looked into my eyes.

“I love you” she said.

“I love you too” I replied and ran a hand through her hair.

Then she came closer to me and buried her head into my chest.

“You’re the one that made me start believing in love again…I know it might be a little late for this speech but I want you to know that you‘re the one that makes me actually feel loved when they say it…I used to think I‘d never find it…but I did…and I‘m so happy it‘s you” she chuckled ever so lightly, it almost seemed like she was crying.

But I didn’t try to get her to look at me, I just held her tighter…listening to her words replaying in my head. I didn’t smile externally but I was smiling on the inside…I was glowing on the inside. Only she could make me feel that way after saying that to me.

We noticed the outside light come on and that was Anna’s sign letting us know she was coming out. So we pulled away slowly and just held hands as we stared up at the sky.

“Rea…we have to go now” she said and I could even hear the guilt in her voice as she said it.

She knew neither of us liked this separation…but of course…it’s for work…it’s her job…so she isn’t to blame either. We both got up reluctantly as Big Rob and Zach came out of the house carrying Rea’s and Demi’s luggage. The rest of the family showed up on the porch as well. Demi and Rachael said good bye to Frankie, mom, dad, Maya, Danielle and Kevin. When Rea said goodbye to Joe, Demi said good bye to me and then they all went back inside to give us some privacy. Joe and Demi said some words to each other and then kissed good bye before Demi walked to the van and Joe walked inside as Big Rob followed, saying good bye to the girls beforehand.

“I promise I’ll be calling you tomorrow right before you head to your first commercial” I told her.

“Take your time…no rush” she smiled.

“But I’ll be looking forward to the call all the same” she added.

I smiled lightly before kissing her and having her kiss back. Then she pulled away and wrapped her arms around my neck and I wrapped mine around her waist, pulling her closer into the tight hug and she rested her head on my shoulder. I then let her go, reluctantly. She gave me one more short and sweet kiss before heading to the van, getting in and I watched them drive away. I had to be there tomorrow on her birthday…but how?

Rachael’s POV

As Demi and I got the back seats and Zach was driving with Anna in the passenger seat, Demi and I both laid the seats down so we could take small naps before we reached New York. When we did, Demi and I had a small interview together. It was just filled with pretty much standard. General questions…whats on our next albums, what our next acting projects will be, then there were like one or two questions asked about Nick and Joe. That was it. Thank God too, because as soon as we got to our hotel room, I crashed onto my bed, with Demi crashing onto hers next to me. Anna and Zachs room was through a door leading out of our living room. Demi and I just stared at each other for a long moment in silence and at the same time, we let out our breath and then laughed lightly.

“You seem really happy” she stated with a smile, lifting her head onto her arms to look at me.

“I am…I really am…he’s the one Dems…he might not feel the same way and if he ends up not wanting to be with me in the end, that’s okay…but he’s the only one I want to be with…it might seem stupid of me to say that right now, but I feel like it’s true”

“Well then if you feel it’s true, I’m backing you up all the way…it’s kind of like Romeo and Juliet…the whole love-at-first-sight thing…not the whole forbidden lovething” she said.

“Yea…I guess so” I laughed as I got up and began to change into my pajamas as she did the same.

Then I threw my hair into a high pony tail and faced Demi. We hugged. “I’m not sure what my next move will be Dems” I whispered.

I’ll admit…I was kind of scared for the new year…yea I had movie deals lined up, but what happens when people become tired of Rachael Lewis?

“You are and always be the Rachael Lewis…the one who will know what to do when the time comes…” I took a deep breath and released it.

Another year older…another year that have held my fans in tact…but how many more years do I have before they’re sick of me? I guess I needed the reassurance…but it’s not like I’d tell someone that.

We pulled away and I forced a smile. “You okay?” she asked.

“Yea…I’m fine…I just need some sleep” I told her and she nodded.

“Night Rea”

“Night Dems” I replied and she shut off the lamp light so darkness overtook us.

I laid with my eyes open for a few minutes, thinking and wondering if Demi really did think I’d know what to do. Everyone thinks and suspects I know what to do in any situation…but honestly, I don’t think I do. So I began to pray…I prayed to Melissa…hoping she’d help me along the way to help me make some decisions on which paths I should take. Hoping she would be there for me…when I couldn’t be there for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
breaktime ^-^
comments?

i just realized for my Turn Right story i only have like 16 comments but for the sequel i have 63!!! u guys seriously are awesome. i love u all lol