‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

Mine Forever?

“Joe! Come on! Stop it!” I squealed as he splashed me with water and my white tank top was now see through so everyone could see the bikini underneath as the straps of the shirt were sliding off my shoulders.

Demi was laughing her signature, loud, laugh, gripping onto Nick’s T-shirt and he was just smiling a toothy smile and laughing under his breath as I attacked Joe into the water. We were at the beach because it was pretty damn beautiful outside. He threw me off of him with ease though. My short shorts were now drenched and my shirt was officially see through now.

“Hey, would you mind if two more joined you?” a voice said and I looked up to see Kevin walking toward us at a fast pace holding Danielle’s hand.

“Kevin! Danielle!” I cheered and raced toward them.

I jumped into Kevin’s arms and hugged him tight as he spun around. Then he set me down and I hugged Danielle tightly and we jumped around and laughed. The six of us played in the water and walked around the beach and the boardwalk. Nick held my hand securely and kept me close, talking to me in my ear so only I could hear…they weren’t even things worth whispering…he would just start conversations like, “any new tv show deals?” or “did you hear about Jake’s new movie deals?” and when he asked me that I was so shocked.

“No! I didn’t!”

“Yea, he was so excited when he found out today he called me when he tried calling you to tell you. When he got me instead, he went on to tell me and told me to tell you because he only had time for one phone call before he had to go meet with the directors and all that”

“That’s so great!” I cooed.

Even they weren’t whispering-type topics, the whispering made our conversations more intimate and it made me feel like I was the only one he saw as he spoke…and I loved it when he gave me that feeling.

After a while it got around 5:30 and I said had to get home to change and Danielle and Demi came alone. I drove us all back to my place and I changed right away into my purple skirt and my purple spaghetti strap tube top and curled my hair so it was wavy and I started to do my very little makeup. I began to put on some eye liner.

“So where is Nick taking you?” Danielle asked as her and Demi chilled in my room and I was in my bathroom with the door open, looking into the mirror above my sink.

“I think we’re just going to some restaurant…that’s all”
“When are you going to be back?” Demi fake-cried for a split second, before laughing as she came over to watch me and Dani followed.

“A few days before Valentines Day” I told them.

“That’s so far away!” she claimed and Dani laughed a little.

“And you two are spending Valentines Day away from each other right?’ she asked and they both became serious.

“Yea, we don’t want another Valentines Day mishap” Dani added.

“I know. Hopefully Nick agrees this time and we can survive Valentines Day…stupid holiday” I joked as I put my eye liner away and put just a little bit of lip gloss.

I put on my little purple, zip up sweat shirt that showed off my arm curves and there were knocks at the door. I smiled as I grabbed my small purse and raced downstairs, putting my heels on at the same time, tripping when I opened the door but recomposing myself quickly as I smiled at thee guys standing there in suits, with each of them holding a single rose in their hands.

“Would you mind if they tagged along for a triple date?” Nick smirked, knowing I would never say no to any of them.

“Oh of course not but I think it’s up to the ladies here”

“Danielle looks fine already but I have nothing to change into though” Demi brought up as I looked at Danielle wearing a beautiful white, slimming dress.

“I’m sure I can find you something Demi” I rolled my eyes at her. “Give us a few minutes” I said to the guys and we raced upstairs.

I got her an outfit and once she was ready, we walked back down the stairs and I saw the way Joe looked at Demi. I so knew they would end up together…and I’m so happy they did…he really loves her and as much as I love Taylor, I think Demi’s the best for him.

Joe took Demi’s hand and led her outside as Kevin did the same with Danielle and then Nick took my hand.

“You look beautiful” he commented and kissed me. “Lets go” he added and led me outside as well so I saw the small limo we were taking. We got to the others, got in and the driver began to drive.

~~~~~~~~~~~

We got to the restaurant and Kevin told the hostess the reservation was under Jonas before we were led to a circular booth. We all sat down and picked up our menus. Once we ordered our drinks and our food, we all started to converse. Out conversations were quiet and a only a few words at first but once the food got to us, they became more lengthy and they were about the most random things but it kept Demi, Dani and I laughing…which I was loving.

“I feel like this year is going to suck” Nick suddenly said to me as the others were in their own worlds.

“Why do you say that? I think it’s going to be great” I told him.

“Not for me…I’m barely going to see you…you’re going to be gone like every other month, then you come for two weeks and then you’re gone again…”

“But see? At least it’s not every month…and when I’m home we just make the most of it”

“But what if you’re home when I’m not…”

“We’ll make it work…isn’t that what you always tell me? We’ll make it work?” I smiled a smile that made him smile back.

“Yeah it is…” he said and I got lost in my thoughts about what dad had said.

“Is something bothering you Rea?” he asked me.

“No…kind of…”

“What is it?” he asked and I kind of looked around to hint to him that I didn’t want to talk about it here.

“Come on” he said as he took my hand and led me out of the booth. “We’ll be right back” he said to them and we slipped out the back door to behind the restaurant.

It was still a little light out because the sun was just going down now. “What’s up?” he asked me as he leaned his back against the wall and held my hand, pulling me closer ever so slightly.

“I need…your opinion on something”

“I’m all ears”

“Okay…now just be open-minded about what I have to say because you might not like it and your first response might just be an impulse from your feelings on the topic and…” I babbled a little.

“Rea” he laughed to shut me up. Then he cleared his throat. “It’s about Eric isn’t it”

I didn’t respond. “I thought so…he’s been the cause of you being nervous lately so whenever you babble I know it’s because of him…”

He sighed and pushed himself off the wall. He took a few steps away so his back was to me as he grabbed the bridge of his nose for a second. But then he turned toward me with his hands in his pockets.

“What do you need my opinion on?” I took a breath.

“I need to know…I don’t even know…I guess I need to know what you think I should do” I said and I guess he saw and heard the pleading and confusion I had in me.

“About what?” he asked as he came closer and had some concern written on his face.

“About letting Eric back in” I said and I noticed how he tensed.

“He hasn’t come to see me again or anything but I’m really worried about him Nick…what if he feels like he cant talk to anybody…this passed year hasn’t exactly been fantastic for him…for the most part, yes, but for other reasons, no, you know that…I’m going to have to face him sooner or later, it’s not like we can avoid each other, so if I did have the chance to help him get back onto the path he was on…should I?” I explained.

He didn’t respond at first. He just stared into my eyes and I could tell he was thinking on what to say…or what not to say. His eyes softened though when I noticed how he came to a realization on what to say.

“I need you to tell me…”

“I don’t think I can Rea…you know what I want to stay…I want you to stay as far away as you can from the guy…buy you’re right. You cant avoid each other…I think…you shouldn’t go looking for him…but if your paths do cross again and you have the opportunity to talk to him and try to help him or become friends again or whatever it is that you want to do…then I think you should do what you feel is right…you’re the one that needs to decide if you feel comfortable around him and you need to know…and make sure he knows what your boundaries are…I’m not going to stop you from doing what you think is right…you don’t need my help…or anyone’s help…in that department” he said to me.

I felt a weight being lifted off my shoulders and I smiled. How did he have such a way with words? Maybe dad was right…Nick has matured over the years…things are completely different now.

“That’s the best advice you’ve ever given me…and it helps a lot” I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck and then kissed him.

He had no idea how much I meant that when I said it…and okay I’ll admit it…we made out a little before we walked back inside. What can I say?

When we got back to the table, we jumped right into conversation with all of them. The guys paid the bill and we all left. The driver took us back to my house and I hugged Danielle, Kevin, Joe and Demi good bye so Kevin and Danielle went home and Joe took Demi home. Nick took my hand and led me up onto my porch but he just grabbed a blanket and led me back onto the grass. He laid out the blanket and we both laid down on it, close together, both of us putting our hands behind our heads, staring up at the stars…just like when we were kids.

“I wonder where we would both be if we never got signed…if we both lived normal lives living side by side for years and years…I’d just be the girl next door” I said.

“Well…we wouldn’t have the drama that we have right now…by now I’d be moved out, living on my own, asking you to move in with me…” I smiled.

“Then…once we were settled in and we had nothing crazy going on…I’d ask you to marry me…” he said and I looked at him, smile gone now.

He continued to stare up at the sky. I tried to read his face…but like every other time I tried to read him…I failed.

“Then we’d live happily ever after, just like all the princesses in those movies that you loved so much” he added and I laughed lightly as he smiled at me and I went back to staring at the sky.

“And I still love them…The Little Mermaid is my favorite because she gives up her voice to get prince Eric…then it’s Aladdin because he tries to hard to get Jasmin…we cant forget about Tarzan though, two people from different worlds falling in love…” I sighed in content and then laughed an airy laugh.

“You’re so cheesy” he commented and I scoffed.

“Way to steal my line”

“Fine. You’re so corny. Better?”

“Much”

“You’re such a loser” he joked.

“But I’m your loser and you love it” I cooed as I turned to lay on his chest.

One hand was placed on his chest, under my chin as the other hand played with his fingers and my body was twisted in a way that it shouldn’t go but I ignored it as I stared into his eyes. I was so glad that he made me have the courage to stare into others’ eyes. I used to be so terrible at it. We stayed silent. It was one of those moments where you enjoy the silence and just talk using your eyes. I moved my knee slightly and came in contact with something…that was in his jacket pocket. I made a face.

“And what is this?” I asked as I reached into his pocket.

“Wait, Rachael…” he started to say but it was too late. I pulled out a blue velvet square box.

I looked at Nick and then back at the box. “I wasn’t sure if I was going to bring it up tonight”

“Bring what up?” I choked, not sure what to think of this.

He made a motion, telling me he wanted to sit up so I got off him and sat up as he sat in front of me and took the box into his hand.

“Whenever I’m with you, I have this stupid thing in my pocket and it’s haunting me but I always chicken out…”

“Chicken out of what?”

“Asking you to be mine forever” he murmured.

I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out. Of course I wanted to be Nick’s forever…but we were too young to even be thinking about stuff like this.

“I know we’re young…and it’s not like you have to respond to it tonight, I wasn’t even going to show it to you…but it’s always with me…waiting for the right moment…even if the right moment is two or three years from now…”

“I want to be yours forever…I want it more than anything…it’s just bad timing…this year is so packed for me with my movies and trying to fit in my next cd and then there’s you with your next cd and God knows what else is in store for you guys…maybe you should return it…at least until…”

“No way. This one screamed Rachael…plus I kind of bought it last year so the returning date is a little over due” he chuckled. I laughed and stared in disbelief.

“Look…it’s a tiny one so if you accept this one, then when the right time does come, I’ll give you the one that goes with it…so Rachael…will you take this ring to let me know that you’re at least considering the fact that you’ll spend your life with me?” he asked.

I didn’t have to consider it, I knew what I would say if he really did ask me to marry him…but I’ll let him have this one and sweat it out a little. I smiled big.

“Of course I will” I told him and he held my hand in his and slipped it on my left ring finger.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and admired my ring.

~~~~~~~~~~

We stayed outside for a bit longer, before going inside up to my room to lay on my bed, to watch a movie…and then 10:00 came and Anna and Zach showed up right on the dot. Nick brought my two suitcases down the stairs and Zach took them and brought them out to the car. We all walked outside after making sure everything was off and we locked the door. Anna walked to the car and got in with Zach.

“I have my laptop so we can have our nightly web chats” I told him.

“And you know how I always have my black berry on and I’ll always answer it for you” he said. I just smiled at his cheesiness and then kissed him.