‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

Believe It Or Not

September 16th

“Anna we have to step on it!” I yelled from the back seat of the car.

We thought maybe taking a regular car would be faster than a limo or something fancy…we were wrong.

“I cant Rea! If you couldn’t notice, we’re kind of in traffic”

My phone was dead, Anna’s and Zach’s were dead, the laptop was dead, it was Nick’s birthday, we were still hours away, I haven’t talked to him all day and it was already 4:00 in the afternoon..

“Anna I am not going to miss Nick’s birthday” I told her.

“What do you want me to do Rachael?” she snapped but when she looked at me, I saw the sympathy she had for me in her eyes.

“Girls, we need to calm down” Zach tried.

"Nothing...but I want to do something" I said, ignoring Zach and I smiled as I wiggled my eyebrows.

"Oh geez" she muttered.

I got out of the car and started running passed all the cars. Anna and Zach followed of course. "Excuse me officer, can u tell me what's going on here?" I asked. She seemed in shock.

"You’re..."
"Yes I am and I'm in kind of a hurry here"

"I’m sorry miss Lewis but there was an accident and it took up the whole highway. They're trying to clear all the glass and debris, we might be here for a while"

"No I have to get by. It's my boyfriends birthday and I have to get there..."

"Rachael don't bother the nice officer"

"Hey! You're Rachael Lewis!" a voice yelled and fans began to rush toward me. "Can you sing for us?" one asked and everyone began to agree and scream and chant.

"I don't have a microphone..."

"We have a mega phone...maybe if u song a few songs, I can pull some strings to let you through faster" the officer said and I looked at all of the expectant looks of my fans.

There was no way I could disappoint. "I’m sorry everyone but Rachael..."

"Give me the mega phone" I sighed.

Everyone started to cheer. A big truck was in the middle of the road. It was perfect alignment. I began to climb up the side ladder. When I got to the top, I saw a whole friggin crowd of fans and their parents running toward me and waiting with big smiles. I couldn't believe I was doing this.

"Okay, how is everyone today?" I asked and they all cheered.

"Great...look, today is Nicks birthday and I haven’t missed it for years and I don't plan on missing it today. So if I sing a few songs for you, do you think you could get these...very nice police officers...to let me trough?"

They responded loudly. "Okay, we'll take it easy" I said. I cleared my throat.

Bet you thought that I’d be broken
Mascara streakin down my cheek
Devistated, out the door way
In a daze, a state of disbelief
I bet you like that, seeing me get mad
Baby I wont satisfy your needs
I’ve already been there done that
I’ll be fine even if you leave…


~~~~~~~~~~~

Once I finished Strong, I sang a few more songs. "Okay now that everyone is satisfied, can u tell these kind people how important it is for me to get through?"

They all cheered so loud. I threw down the mega phone to the officer. "I already called a helicopter that’s on the way to give Rachael a ride"

We all cheered and the helicopter arrived. "Before I go though! Let's sing happy birthday to Nick! He'll love it!" I said as Anna threw a camera up to me.

"Ready! One! Two! Three!" I yelled and I began to record them all singing.

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Nick
Happy birthday to you


Everyone began to scream and cheer as I got off the truck. "You all rock!" I yelled and they all got louder.

"I have to warn you, it's kind of a one-way deal with this guy!" the officer yelled to me over the loud helicopter sound.

"Its fine! Thanks!" I yelled back and Anna, Zach and I were handed big head phones.

We got into the seats and buckled up. "This mean so much! Thank you!" I yelled.

"Its not a problem! My daughters love u!" the pilot yelled. Okay so maybe being famous had some kicks.

"So where are we heading?"
"Houston Texas!"
"You got it!"

After a bit... "This is your stop! You should probably jump now!" he yelled.

"What?!" all three of us yelled.

"Didn’t officer Kelly tell you? When transporting people, I don't stop. They jump. There are parachutes under your feet. Pull the blue chord to active the chute and the red for the emergency chute!"

"Are you friggin crazy! I am not jumping out! I didn't even want to come up here!"

"It’s fine Rachael. I'll put your parachute on. I've done this plenty of times before!" Zach said as he began to strap the parachute to me.

"You have!?" Anna and I said.
"Yeah" he said and put Anna’s on for her as well.
"You'll be fine. When I say so, just pull this" he instructed as he wagged the blue one in my face. I nodded.

"Okay! You have to jump now!"
"Nope I can't do it! I can't..."
"Yes Rachael go! Now! Do it!" We started to argue at the same time and then Zach wrapped his arms around us both and made us jump as we screamed.

I continued to scream my girly scream as I free fell. "This is kind of fun!" Anna yelled.

"Speak for yourself!" I yelled back.
"Okay pull it now!" Zach yelled and I did.

The parachute came out and my speed slowed down. "Okay I don't think I'm supposed to be heading toward a bunch of trees...ugh not cool!" I yelled and impacted on the tree, hitting all the branches and then hitting ground.

I know I know, it seems like it's all from one of those cartoons u might watch but it really did happen! I stood up slowly and I had dirt all over me, along with scratches. I threw the stupid parachute off me in anger and kicked it. Anna and Zach rushed to me.

"I’m ready to go home now" I said and made fists as I began to walk away.

I walked into a field...and notices it was a golfing field. "Four!" someone yelled and I turned and saw a ball flying toward me. It hit me in the head.

"Ouch! Shit!" I yelled. "Ugh!" I screamed. "Stupid golf ball! I hate you!" I said and threw it into the pond.

"Rachael?" a voice said. I turned and saw it was Nick, Joe and Kevin.

My POV-RR

Joe, Kevin and I thought it would be good to get some brother bonding time in on my birthday so we all came to golf. Rachael hadn't called and I haven’t talked to her all day and I was starting to get worried. It wasn't like Rachael to be so secluded from the world...my world so to speak. It's not even like I was mad at her for not calling, I was just worried...and it was getting dark.

"Hey Nick!" Joe called, getting my attention.
"Where’s your head. It's your turn" Kevin said.
"Sorry" I muttered.
"Hey...Rachael will show" Joe said.

"Either that or she'll call, tell you she got caught up in something and how she can't make it and you’ll say it's okay but she won't take it and she'll make I up to you"

"And knowing Rachael it'll be in a way that no one will expect" Joe said, taking his turn.

"Its not even that though...she's not picking up her phone and I haven’t heard from her all day. You know Rachael, she would’ve at least called by now" I said, getting lost in my own thoughts, worrying about Rachael.

"What if..."

"Don’t even start thinking about what if, remember last time u did that?" Kevin asked.

"Which time? The time him and Rachael broke up for the third time or the time he gave Demi a hard year?" Joe said.

"You have to admit, that was a weird coincidence" Kevin agreed.

Last year, we were all playing a game of What If and I said to Demi what if her grandpa would pass away. We were all throwing questions either similar to that one or completely different but if course the one time I ask that, we find out that GrandpaLovato passed away three days later. It was pretty crazy. I remember the funeral. This was going in while Rachael and I were really not even close to speaking to each other and she was in a completely different state. But Demi called her the night it happened and Rachael was at Demi's side in minutes. She stuck to Demi like glue as days passed, making sure Demi was always smiling. I remember being at the funeral in my suit and I saw Rachael rush in and over to Demi, hugging her. It was the first time I saw her since Valentines Day and I couldn't handle it. I really couldn't. I was about to walk out and just leave but I reminded myself that I was there for Demi. But I watched Rachael...I don't mean to sound like a stalker but I saw the way she hugged Demi and comforted her and how she was there for her best friend. It's another thing I admire about her. She's always there for you when you need her most.

"Anyway...you two seem pretty serious...I know you’ve both been serious forever but this is really serious” Kevin said and I chuckled.

“Yeah…she’s really the one guys” I said and they both smiled. Joe cleared his throat.

“Nick…you know we love Rachael to death, you know we do but we want you to…be prepared just in case God forbid you guys break up…again”

“Why would you say we’ll break up again?” I asked, now defensive.

“We’re not saying you will but you know you and Rachael don’t have the best of luck with keeping an on going relationship…” he started to say but stopped himself and Kevin nudged him.

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?” I snapped.
“No, Nick I’m sorry, dude…” I sighed.
“It’s fine…” I said and looked away. I have to admit he was right.

“This time…is different though”
“Okay, this time is different” Joe smiled and put his hands up in defeat, not wanting to start any fights.

“We’re really happy for you Nick…and we’re especially happy about the fact that it’s Rachael” Kevin said and I smiled again lightly.

“Four!” someone yelled from really far away and we all looked to make sure we wouldn’t get hit.

"Ouch! Shit!" a girl’s voice yelled. "Ugh! Stupid golf ball! I hate you!" she yelled again and a splash came after.

“Only one girl we know who sounds like that…” Kevin started.

“And who has anger issues and takes them out on inanimate objects” Joe added.

"Rachael?" I said and turned around to see my beautiful girlfriend covered in dirt and scrapes.

Her hair was a mess and her clothes were hanging off her loosely and even though she looked like a mess she was the most beautiful girl ever.

“What the hell happened to you?” is the first thing that came out of my mouth though. I thought I’d string her along just a little bit.

Rachael’s POV

"I didn't think you were gonna show" he folded his arms. Him an his stubbornness.

"You happened Nicholas Jonas! You and your stupid birthday! Don't be giving me the stupid attitude after I performed for miles worth of highway traffic, got in a stupid helicopter, the crazy nut job pilot had us jump out of the stupid helicopter and after I got attacked by a stupid tree and yelled at a stupid golf ball! After I came all this way for your stupid birthday!" I said and poked him in the chest repeatedly, causing Joe and Kevin to move to the side as Nick backed up.

He just started to smirk at me. "And what are you smiling at Nicholas?" I snapped.

"You’re cute when you're mad" he said.
"This is no time for sweet talk or flirting..."
"Wow now that is true love" Kevin said.
"Yea...only thinking about how cute you are while you're yelling at him..." Joe tried to help.

I just glared at them both and they took steps back. "And I don't even have your present!"

"Rachael! Stop yelling at me!" he laughed. I wanted to laugh...

"I don't see what's so funny"
"Oh come on it was a little funny" he said and grabbed my hands.

"I knew you’d come...I just didn't know u would go to extremes...did you really perform for a highway full of people and jump out of a helicopter?"

"Yes..."
"Well you look like hell"
"Awe thanks babe, that means a lot" I said sarcastically.
"Anytime babe" he laughed and pulled a twig out of my hair. He kissed me lightly.

"Hey Rea" Anna said, waving Nicks present.
"Anna you're the best" I said and handed it to Nick.

He smiled and unwrapped it. He pulled out a chain that had a guitar shaped locket. He opened it and looked inside at the picture of us on one side and he took out a guitar pick that was inside. It said Love on one side and it had N+R on the other side.

"I love it Rachael. Thank you" he said and hugged me, putting his face into my neck.

"I swear, that was just better than any movie" Joe said. I just laughed.

"Hey guys" I said and then gave them both hugs.
"Lets go get you cleaned up" Nick suggested and we all headed to the parking lot.

"What happened to you?" Big Rob asked.
"Don’t ask" I glared.

We all got to the house and walked in. Denise, Demi and Danielle were all in the kitchen while dad was out on the deck with Paul.

"Rachael what happened?" Denise asked with urgency as they all race to me and dad and Paul saw me so they came rushing in as well.

"She said she wouldn't miss my birthday and she didn't" Nick smiled.

“I’m going to go get her cleaned up” he added and led me upstairs to his room.

Now that I think of it, it’s been kind of a while since I’ve been in his Texas room. He gave me a shirt and a pair of pajama pants and he helped me clean up some scrapes.

“Did I mention you look like a mess?” he laughed lightly.
“Yeah, I think you mentioned it already” I narrowed my eyes.

“Well you’re a hot mess” he said and put his hands on my hips, putting our foreheads together and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

“If you start quoting lyrics from Cobra Starship, I’m walking out” I warned him.

“Awe and after you did everything just to get here” he said and I rolled my eyes as we both laughed.

“No but really…I cant believe you did that…especially get in a helicopter for me…” One of the many things we have in common: we both have a fear of helicopters.

“Oh, look!” I said, excitedly as I ran out of the bathroom to his laptop.

I plugged the video camera in and began to play the video for him. He laughed as all of his fans sang to him.

“I’m still trying to process the fact that you stood on top of a big truck and performed for all of these people”

“Yea well I’d do anything for you” I whispered as we came close again.

“And I’d do anything for you” he whispered back and then kissed me.

That night, after leaving the Jonas adults, we (meaning me, Nick, Demi and Joe) went back to California to Kevin and Danielle’s house to hang out for a little bit while dad, Zach and Anna went home. It was really late...around 1:00 in the morning by the time Nick and I got back to his place.

“I haven’t seen it completely furnished yet” I smiled as I looked around.

It's been furnished for a while now, I know, it's now September and it's been furnished since April-ish but this is the first time that I'm actually in the furnished house and I'm able to enjoy it. It was the first night that I was going to be spending the night in his house. I've slept in the same bed as Nick before (when we weren't together and we fell asleep accidentally) and it's not like Denise never let me sleep at their house before (even though Nick and I used sleeping bags cause I wanted to keep Denise’s trust) but this time was different. Nicks slept at my house a bunch of times before but either he has always needed to leave early or I've needed to leave early or Denise has asked Nick to come home. She always told me to go home with him which I saw no point in doing if we were already together at my house but I know she was doing her job as a mother. This time though...was completely different. He's 19 now and I'm 18. We're official adults and we can live on our own. This is the first time I'm sleeping at his house and we're actually alone. I admired the freedom.

"So how was your birthday yesterday, I hope I didn't miss much" I said, putting my purse on a small table by the door.

"Nope. The party just began when you arrived...it was really cool of your dad to come though" he said, taking off his jacket.

"Yeah it was...you have no idea how happy I am with life right now...about everything...which is why I can't help but feel like there's some kind of catch..."

"Why do you think you don't deserve happiness?" he asked me as he came over to me and placed a hand on my cheek. He looked at me in such a loving way.

"I don't know...sometimes I just wonder"
"Well don't wonder and just be happy with life in the present" he said and all I could do was nod.

He smiled and kissed me. I felt the heat rise in the room as I felt my back hit the wall. I noticed we were working our way up the stairs and we got to his room. I knew we had to stop...but is it bad to say that I didn't want to? We got to his bed and everything was in slow motion as i laid down and he hovered over me

"Nick...we have to stop" I gasped as I cupped his cheek in my hand.

"Why?" he asked and then stared into my eyes.

I couldn't believe he said that...and I don't even think he could believe it. He didn't take it back though. "Really?" I asked him.

"Rachael...this might sound gay or stupid but i want you and only u...and I want to be the first to make love to you...and I want u to be my first" he said and kissed my hand. I was silent.

"You’re right. That was gay" I said and he rolled his eyes. "I’m just kidding..." I said, cupping both of his cheeks in my hands. "I want the same thing" I added.

Then we were both silent...and without anymore words being spoken...it began with a gentle kiss...and it grew into something much more. Believe it or not...I lost my virginity to Nick Jonas that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok so the beginning i tried to make it different, more adventurous, somewhat comical hahaha LOL
thn at the end its an unexpected turn...more is on the way :)

RIP GrandpaLovato. my hearts with the Lovato family

<<333