The Love Dare

So Kiss Me Goodbye

Alex

Just like that, Cassie was out of my life. I felt the anger and frustration building inside of me. 
I was so stupid! How could I fuck up again and let her go? 
I let out a yell and punched the wall as hard as I possibly could. 
"What are you doing, man?"
I turned to face Rian.
"I don't know." I muttered, staring down at my knuckle. It was bleeding pretty bad.
"Sit on the couch, I'll go get a rag for your hand." Rian instructed, heading to the kitchen to find the first aid kit.
I did as he said, still in a daze. He returned a few seconds later, an old dish rag in hand.
I gave him my hand, and watched as he cleaned the blood off and wrapped the rag firmly around my knuckle.
"So what exactly happened, Alex?" he questioned as he continued tending to my cut.
"I-I don't know." I responded blankly.
"We've just been fighting a lot, so I guess today was the last straw for her. She exploded, threw a candle at me, and left."
I saw Rian hold back a smile when I mentioned the candle. Cassie was so small for a 21 year old, it was a little surprising to see her actually be violent.
"that's rough, man. What are you going to do?" 
I thought for a moment.
"I have no idea. 
I need to get out of here and think for a bit, Rian."
He nodded and wandered off. I grabbed my hoodie off of the couch and placed my gray beanie over my hair, grabbing my car keys on the way out the door.
I got in my Range Rover and blasted the stereo, taking off down the road.
I drove around downtown Baltimore for a little while until I stumbled into a local coffeeshop.
I ordered the first thing that caught my eye on the menu, thanking the barista and taking a seat in one of the shop's large armchairs.
I people watched for atleast three hours, staring at the passerby.
Maybe I was imagining things, but it seemed like everyone that walked by was a couple. It made me angry-why did I always have to mess things up when they were going perfectly?
A man and a woman entered the coffeeshop, obviously another couple. I watched as they bought their coffees, never taking their eyes off of one another.
It was at that moment I cracked.
I was going to do whatever it takes to get Cassie back.

 Cassie

I sighed as I got into my car and pulled out of the driveway. I loved Alex, but it had to be done. I pulled out my phone and and scrolled through my contacts, dialing Kara.
"Hello?"
"I'm coming over, Kar." I replied simply.
"Cassie, what's wrong?" she exclaimed, the concern obvious in her voice.
I sighed.
"I'll tell you when I get there."
-------
I pulled into the driveway of the Diakoula residence, making my way to the front door.
I hesitantly rang the doorbell, Kara swinging it open practically before I knocked.
I couldn't contain it anymore. I immeiately let the tears fall and fell into Kara's arms.
"sh, it's okay, Cass. What can I do, do you need anything?" she soothed, rubbing my back.
"I-I need a pillow," I hiccuped.
Kara led me to the couch where I immediately collapsed. I didn't think the breakup would hurt me this bad.
Within seconds Kara returned with a pillow. I graciously took it and hugged it to my chest, crying into the fluffy object.
After a few minutes I was able to control the tears and calm down.
"what exactly happened?" Kara questioned as she continued to hug me.
"we broke up." I responded blankly, wiping my eyes. I glanced at Kara.
"I was done." 
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry this took so LONG TO GET OUT. when I hit 20 viewers or five subscriptions I'll post the next chapter :) a comment would be lovely too! I can only improve if I receive critiques.