Status: Completed

You and Me Could Write a Bad Romance

Routine

“Doesn’t it seem like we’re stuck in a daily routine?” I wondered, once again sitting at the picnic table under the tree that I and my friends always sit at during our lunch period.

“Where do you suppose we go?” Mindy asked with raised eyebrows, “I’m not eating inside in that fuckin’ filthy cafeteria,” She made a face at the thought of even stepping foot in the place, “Plus, this is our fuckin’ table. When we graduate, I’m stealin’ this fuckin’ thing.”

I laughed at her before shaking my head, “Yeah, I’d like to see you try.”

She gave me a know-it-all look, “Your guy smokes weed and plays in a band, mine likes to steal shit and get locked up for it,” She teased, “I have my ways of getting this table.” She ended before taking a sip of her sprite.

I said nothing in response to that, I simply let out a gentle laugh before turning my attention over to Heidi. She once again, had her cell phone out and was texting like it wasn’t anybody’s business. She’s been like this all week, completely alienating Mindy and myself for lustful texts with her no good boyfriend, “Is that Aiden again?” I questioned.

“Yeah,” She looked up at me, “You don’t see me complaining when you’re always texting Cory.”

“I don’t text him,” I pointed out, “They always go unanswered, I call him if I need something,”

“Not the point, Hallie.” She growled then stood to her feet before walking away with a mean look upon her face.

“You did it now,” Mindy said simply as she dug through the paper lunch bag, “She’s already PMSing and stressing about Aiden, you had to go off and make her even more pissy.” She rolled her eyes as she pulled out a twinkie, “I told the man to make me a lunch this morning and he packs me a sprite, a twinkie, a bag of hot cheetos and a baggy of cheerios, what the fuck was Jeff thinking?”

I smiled, “At least you got food, Cory would’ve just dropped a ten into the bag and told me get my own lunch.”

“I think I’d rather have the ten right now,” She pushed the bag away from herself then put her attention back on me, “Remember when we first met Heidi?”

“Yeah, it was fourth grade and she was a total …”

“Bitch,” Mindy cut me off as she looked over at our other friend in the distance, “I love the girl with all of my heart but she can still be such a bitch.”

“And you can’t be?”

“I never claim not to be a bitch, I know I am. You can be just as bad, but Heidi … I don’t know, I guess it’s just a different kind of bitchy, because I can’t stand to be around her when she’s like this.”

“It’s Aiden, he’s no good for her,” I insisted with a nod of my head.

“Maybe but I think this is something else,” Mindy shrugged her shoulders then pointed to something behind me, “You need to get a leash for that man of yours,” She informed me, “I’ve barely seen him this week but when I do, he’s always with that Amy chick.”

I looked over my shoulder to see my fiancé laughing with the blonde bimbo at a different picnic table about seventy five feet away, give or take a few feet, “He swears he’s just being nice,” I whispered before looking at Mindy, “What’s your take?”

“I think he’s telling the truth, but I think Amy has different intentions with him. Cory’s always been really flirty, it’s what he does but everyone knows he’s happily taken and if they don’t know, they know within the first ten minutes of talking to him, he always brings you up in one way or another, whether he means to or not.” She shrugged, “You need to march your pretty little ass over there, sit yourself on his lap and just plant one on him. Make it a good one too, with tongue and what not.”

“Mindy,” I laughed a little.

“I’m fuckin’ serious, go shove your tongue down his throat then ask him if he wants a quickie, show her, he’s yours and no one else’s.” She stood to her feet, “I’m going to go talk to Heidi, see what’s up with her … sometimes she’d rather talk to me than you, especially since you’re hating on her man.” With that, Mindy walked away towards the direction Heidi disappeared in.

Grabbing my bag, I got up then walked over to the other table. Having spotted me before I got there, Cory’s smile grew wider if that was even possible as he awaited my arrival, “Hey babe,” He greeted as he let his green eyes scan my body.

“Hey,” I mocked as I leaned down and pressed my lips against his, deciding to take Mindy’s advice and just lay one on him.

Not missing a single beat, he kissed back feverishly like the horny, perverted teenage boy he is. After a long moment, I pulled away and smiled as I seated myself next to him, “What are you two up to?” I asked.

“Just talking about English,” He assured me as he leaned over and attacked my neck with kisses, “What’s gotten into you, you slut.” He teased before nipping my neck and pulling away.

“Nothing,” I shook my head and looked over at Amy, “I haven’t seen you since Monday, how has your transfer been?”

“Good … great thanks to Cory.” She said softly.

“Yeah,” I wrapped my arms around him, “He’s the best,” I kissed his cheek before pointing to over to Amy, “You know what, if you can you should try to make it to our Wedding on the 27th.” I nodded with raised eyebrows, “It would be amazing if you could come, it’s over in Lake Tahoe though.”

She looked at me then over at Cory before smiling, “Are you sure?” She wondered.

“Of course, don’t be silly!” I laughed, “We’d love to have you there, wouldn’t we babe?” I wondered, looking at my fiancé.

“Of course,” He agreed with a nod, “The more the merrier, right?”

“Right,” I confirmed, “Plus, it’ll be a great place to meet people, a lot of people from here are going, and we have some friends down in Lodi who’ll be going as well.”

“Well, I’ll see if I can make it.” Amy assured me.

“Sounds great,” I turned my attention back to Cory and cupped his face in my hands, “I’m taking the rest of the day off, because I don’t want to deal with my teachers right now and I have to take Ted to a dentist appointment at two, what do you say we get outta here?” I asked, “Have a little afternoon fun before Ted’s appointment.”

Cory’s eyes grew with a fiery passion in them, “I say yes,” He agreed before standing up, “Also, don’t forget about the party,” Cory said to Amy, “This weekend, over in San Francisco if you can make it.”

“Ok,” Amy said softly before Cory and I walked off.

“A party?” I snapped on our way to his car.

“Yeah, you’ll be shopping for a new dress, it’s not like it’ll mess up your plans. My friends are single and ready to mingle, Amy isn’t bad looking, Hallie.”

“No, she’s a slut.” I pointed out.

“And you’re not,” He teased, grabbing my ass before kissing my temple, “Showin’ off back there.”

“You’re my man, I can kiss you whenever I’d like.” I smiled.

“You’re right, you’re the girl next door who just acts like a slut for her man.”

“Exactly, if her man wasn’t such a fuckin’ sleazy asshole, she wouldn’t have to act in such obscene ways.”

“Turns me on though,” He growled as we reached his car, “Were you serious about having our fun?”

“Serious,” I confirmed, “But after the appointment,” I sighed, “Ted is home already, he stayed home this morning, he’s gonna want to hang out.”

“He’s home alone?” Cory made his eyes wide as he unlocked the car.

“No!” I laughed, “He’s not home alone, my Dad took the morning off.” I climbed into the passenger seat before continuing, “What kind of parents do you think we have?”

“I was just asking,” Cory mumbled as he shut his door, “Because leaving Ted alone is not something your parents would do.” He raised one of his eyebrows, “Where’s your Mom today?”

“Up in Roseville with my Aunt.” I answered as I reached over to his cigarettes that were in the cup holder, “Apparently she’s finally pregnant and they’re celebrating. My Mom took her to a day spa or then they’re going out to eat.” I shrugged a little bit while pulling a cigarette out, “Where’s your lighter?”

He looked over at me then down at the cup holder before back up at the road, “Um …” He sighed stressfully as he patted his pockets down then growled, “I’m always losing my fucking lighters, I think there’s a lighter in the glove box.”

I opened the glove box and dug around until I found a black lighter, “Hey babe?” I asked as I shut the glove box and lit the cigarette.

“What?” Cory answered.

Exhaling the smoke that I had just inhaled, I looked over at my fiancé, “Have you talked to Aiden since him and Heidi got together?”

“I talked to him last night,” Cory informed me, “Why?”

“Did he seem stressed about anything?”

“No, he just said he was coming up here this weekend and if I was going to be around, he’d stop by.”

Studying the cigarette, I tilted my head while thinking, “Have you been around pregnant people?”

Cory laughed softly, “What kind of question is that?”

“I’m just wondering,”

“My Mom,” He answered, “But I was too young to remember anything from the pregnancy.”

“I think Heidi got herself knocked up.”

“Yeah?” Cory asked before reaching over to the cigarette, taking it from me, “Her and Aiden haven’t been together that long.”

“I don’t think it’s Aiden’s, if she is pregnant.” I admitted while watching everything pass by, “She’s moody, she’s been complaining about feeling sick, and yesterday and today she wore her PJ pants to school, she never wears PJ’s to school.”

“You do,” Cory laughed, “When you’re lazy.”

“I know, but Heidi never does, ever … I don’t know. You and Aiden talk guy talk together, has he said anything about her being a little … chubbier than he thought?”

Cory looked over at me then back at the road, “I don’t know, we don’t talk about our ladies weight.” He said then shook his head, “That’s a no no,”

“I’m just wondering,” I exhaled stressfully, “I think she’s starting to show, and if she is, Aiden would notice. A baby bump is not something you can ignore.”

“Or at least you think it’s something you can’t ignore.” Cory corrected me, “You’ve never been pregnant or even had a pregnancy scare.”

“How do you know?” I challenged.

“Because, you would’ve come crying to me whether or not it was mine.” Cory said like I was an idiot, “If it was mine, you’d be crying tears of joy and happiness, if it wasn’t mine, you’d be asking me to forgive you.”

“Cocky are we?”

“No, it’s the truth, how many other guys have you slept with? Two?” He held up two fingers.

“One,” I mumbled, “That other guy didn’t get all the way,” I blushed deeply.

“Anyway, I would’ve known. And if Heidi is pregnant, let her come to you on her own.”

“But what if she doesn’t?”

“Then she’s not much of a friend, is she?”

I just shrugged and slouched in the seat, “You stole my cigarette.”

“You stole it, I just took it back.” He laughed as he handed it over towards me, “Here,”

“I don’t want it.”

“Then why are you complaining?”

“Because I can.” I whispered before falling quiet and thinking about Heidi, though I don’t know if she is or isn’t pregnant, I hope she isn’t. A child is the last thing she needs, she’s not stable enough for a child.

Cory let out a sigh before I felt his hand on my thigh, he gave me a squeeze then pulled his hand back and put it on the steering wheel, silently letting me know that he’s here for me no matter what is going on in my life. And that’s one thing I’m extremely thankful for.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I got a question, do you wanna have a slumber party in my basement? Do I make your heart beat like an 808 drum? Is my love your drug?

Lame :/