Status: Completed

You and Me Could Write a Bad Romance

SOS

With a soft knock on my bedroom door, I glanced over at the closed door before sitting up in my bed and setting my penthouse magazine down next to me, not bothering with trying to hide it. Slowly, my door opened without waiting for a response and when the person who knocked walked in, I raised my eyebrow, questioning this person’s presence.

“What are you doing?” I asked the pretty red head as she shut my door.

She shrugged, “I think your Mom thinks I’m some sort of slut wanting to get you in my panties.” Heidi said simply.

I glanced at my door as if my Mother was standing there before I looked back at the emotional time bomb of a girl, “I don’t get many girls coming over here, unless it’s Hallie or Mindy,” I informed her, “Most of the girls at our school are pretty scared of Hallie.” I shrugged, “What are you doing here?” I asked again.

Sitting down on the edge of my bed, she glanced at my penthouse magazine then picked it up, thumbing through the pages, “I need someone to talk to who doesn’t really care either way.” She admitted as she stopped on a picture of a topless girl sitting on a couch, “You look at these things but would you ever want Hallie to model for one?”She wondered, “Or get a boob job?”

“No and no.” I answered simply, “I don’t want men looking at my naked fiancé and Hallie’s boobs are just fine how they are, luckily the heavens above gave her an amazing set.”

Heidi laughed as she closed the magazine then tossed it back down to where it was, “I’m entering my second trimester.” She said simply.

“You’re pregnant?” I wondered.

“Don’t act like you don’t know,” She demanded, “Hallie figured it out days ago, she just hasn’t said anything to me about it.” She looked down at her hands, “She’s over in San Francisco for the weekend?”

“Yeah,” I answered.

“Aren’t you supposed to be at some party?”

“Yeah but I had some last minute details about the Wedding I had to sort out because Hallie was already gone when I got the call from the caterer and the bakery that’s doing our cake.” I shrugged, “Plus, I wasn’t really feeling up to partying.” I shifted a little bit, “Does Aiden know?”

She stood up and lifted her shirt to just under her boobs, showing me her baby bump, “How could he not?” She snapped at me like I was some sort of idiot. Then with a sigh she let her shirt fall back down as she flopped back onto my bed, “He knew the first time we had sex but he didn’t say anything.”

“Have you talked to him about it?”

“Yeah,” Heidi pushed some of her hair behind her ear, “He’s ok with it, he knows about my past and if I can forgive him for his, he can forgive me for mine.” She looked over at me, “Um, Aiden and I just got back from an overnight trip to Reno.” She informed me then turned her eyes away from me to the framed picture of Hallie and I on my nightstand, “We got married.”

Widening my eyes, I studied the girl who has never fully gained the trust of Mindy and Hallie mainly because she does stuff like this. She keeps her secrets to herself until they’re hardly secrets anymore, that and she’s always been a bit loopy, always out partying and what not, “You got married to Aiden?” I whispered.

“Yeah, I’m moving down to Lodi with him, my parents kicked me out at the beginning of this week when I told them I was pregnant.” She exhaled stressfully.

“You just met Aiden,” I frowned deeply, “He’s a great guy and all but he’s just getting his life back on track.”

“I know and he needs me just like I need him, this is for the best Cory.” She assured me, “Anyway, it’s not like you’re great friends with the guy, you just get your weed from him and that’s it.”

I shrugged, “He’s still a friend,” I pointed out, “You know, you could’ve went to Hallie or Mindy with this news, Jeff and Mindy have a spare room at their apartment and I’m sure Hallie’s parents wouldn’t have minded you crashing at their house for a few weeks.”

“I don’t need their pity,” She growled then she stood to her feet, “I just needed to tell someone, there’s no point in me telling you not to tell because you’re going to tell Hallie either way,” She insisted, “So, I guess I’ll just see you at school.” She shrugged before opening my bedroom door to leave but when she opened it, she was caught off guard by Hallie who was standing there in a pair of PJ pants and a tank top, while her hair was thrown back into a pony tail and she looked like shit.

“Heidi?” Hallie asked softly but Heidi just pushed by and walked away. Hallie turned around to watch her friend then she looked at me, “What was that about?” She wondered as she walked in all the way, leaving my bedroom door open.

“Why aren’t you in San Francisco?” I questioned.

“Aaron is in the Emergency Room,” She answered, “Your turn, why was she here?”

“She told me she’s pregnant and that she and Aiden got married over in Reno.”

Hallie dropped her jaw a little bit then closed it as she reached over and shut my door, “Really?”

“Really,” I confirmed, “Why is Aaron in the ER?”

Dropping her car keys onto my desk, she made a face, “The idiot tried skateboarding off of his friends roof and onto some sort of makeshift half pipe. I think he broke his leg and he totally fucked his arm up, but he had his friends carry him home before anyone even thought about calling an ambulance. Fucking dipshits.” She rolled her eyes before crawling over me to the right side of my bed where she always sleeps when she’s here, “My Mom and I raced home, he’s still in the ER, my Mom is with him she sent Ted and my Dad home.”

I leaned over and kissed her welcoming lips, “Did you at least find a dress?”

“Oh, yeah … I found a dress yesterday when we first got there.” She mumbled then she reached down and tugged her socks off, “Look at my pedicure babe.”

I looked down at her toes and smiled, “Cute,” I insisted as I stole another kiss, “Why are you avoiding the subject of Heidi and Aiden? I know you’re upset about it.”

“She can fuck off,” Hallie growled, “I mean, I’ve done nothing but be a true friend to her and she’s always doing shit like this, Cory. I can understand her pregnancy but getting hitched to Aiden after only a week and a half of dating him, what the fuck?” She rolled her eyes before picking up the penthouse, “Why do you look at this shit, it’s so fucking sleazy.” She mumbled as she thumbed through the pages just like Heidi did then she showed me a completely naked, attractive girl, “What if I posed for the camera like that, wearing nothing but a fucking necklace.”

“As long as I’m the one behind the camera and I know for a fact no one else would get a hold of the picture, I say I’m all for it.” I smirked.

“You would,” She laughed softly then let out a sigh, “I’m so sick of her bullshit, Cory. Oh, poor Heidi, she comes from a family whose strict because they love her … at least she has parents that fucking care. She could be like Mindy, her Mom kicked her out when she was fifteen, she lived with me up until seven months ago when she and Jeff got their apartment together.” She shook her head, “I’ve met Heidi’s parents, there’s nothing wrong with them, and they’re your typical rich, religious family. She just rebelled against it and acts like she has it so fucking bad. At least her Father isn’t a drug addict and her Mother is a fucking hooker like Mindy, you don’t see Mindy complaining about her life and she had it ten times worse than anyone I know.”

“They’re petty problems to you but to Heidi they’re huge problems.” I pointed out.

“It’s bullshit, Babe.” She whispered then pointed to the magazine, “I could pose for one of these magazines you know, I have the body.”

“The hell you can,” I took the magazine from her and tossed it across my room, “I don’t want some pervert looking at you, masturbating to your naked picture, creeps me out.”

“You do it,”

“I’m your fiancé, going to be your husband, I have the right to masturbate while looking at naked or topless pictures of you,” I pointed out.

Scooting over to me, Hallie laid her head against my chest, “Do you think I’m a bad friend?”

“No,” I answered softly, she keeps trying to change the subject but she cares too much about Heidi to just let this go like she’s trying to.

“Are you sure?”

“You’re my best friend,” I admitted truthfully, “Not just because I’m marrying you, but you truly are my best friend. You’re there for anyone who needs you, no matter what time of day it is or if you’re busy or not, you’re an amazing friend.”

“Why does Heidi shut me out then? She’d rather go to Mindy and you before me.”

“Because, you can be a bit judgmental of her at times but in the best way possible, it’s just because you care so much.” I rubbed her back slowly, “I have band practice tomorrow, you can ride down to Lodi with me and hang out with Heidi while I go practice, maybe you two can sort this out.”

Hallie lifted her head and looked at me, “I think I may be babysitting Ted,” She whispered, “I don’t know what’s going on yet, but if I don’t have to, I’ll ride with you.” She nodded.

“Ok,” I agreed before kissing her lovingly.

“Oh,” She pulled away from my lips, “What did the caterer and baker want?” She frowned deeply.

“They screwed up our menu and it’s too late to change it apparently.” I informed her.

“What are we getting?”

“Well, there won’t be any fish,” I sighed, “People who ordered the prime rib are getting what they ordered, people who ordered chicken are getting what they ordered as well but the people getting fish will have to pick at the Wedding if they want prime rib or chicken.”

“Why can’t we have fish?”

“Because, apparently they forgot to order it or someone didn’t tell someone that we had people that wanted fish, I don’t know, honestly I was high when I talked to them.” I blushed a little.

“And the Baker?” She went on.

“Just wanted to confirm details,” I smiled.

“Nothing’s wrong with the cake?”

“Not that I know of, “

“Ok,” She lay her head back down onto my chest, “This wedding is causing me too much stress. Remind me again why we wanted it in Tahoe?”

I smiled, “Because it’s beautiful there this time of year.” I whispered, “And it’s our place,” I pointed out.

Hallie lifted her head once again, “Our place,” She repeated, “What makes it our place?” She wondered, knowing the answer to that question.

“We learned to snowboard there together, South Lake Tahoe was the first place we went to for a weekend getaway on our own, and it’s where I asked you to marry me …”

“You know, you’re a sweet boy when you want to be,” She pointed out, “Everyone thinks you’re such a fucking slut but they don’t know you like I do.”

I shrugged, “That’s a good thing, I like having the rep I have.” I laughed before I reached behind her head and tugged her hair tie out carefully, “So, besides having to come home early, did you have fun over in the bay?”

“Lots of fun,” Hallie assured me as she shook her hair about a bit, “I’m going to make a hair appointment tomorrow afternoon, I need to get my hair did for the Wedding.”

“It’s still two weeks away.”

“I know,” She sat up then climbed off of my bed, “I’m going downstairs with your parents, you’re boring.” Hallie insisted as she tugged my bedroom door open, “Plus, your Mom is totally making cupcakes right now, I’m going to go steal some.”

“How can you call me boring?” I pouted playfully.

“Because, you’re just going to try and get in my panties.” She shrugged then disappeared from my room. Once she was gone, I looked at her black hair tie in my hands then tossed it onto my nightstand while standing up deciding to make my way downstairs to join the rest of my family. I’m glad that Hallie had a great time in the bay but coming home to an injured brother and a friendship hanging on by a thread isn’t the ideal way to end what was supposed to be a great weekend.

Girls are just too much drama for me sometimes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sometimes all you need in life is emergency.