Status: Wedding Special and Sequel will be out soon!!

My College Roommate is a… Jonas!?!

A New Best Friend

Billie's P.O.V

I watched him leave the room, and I knew he had a lot to think about. It was clear that he wanted the same thing I wanted, but we were both holding back, each of us with our own reasoning. I looked around the room and soon Frankie entered the room.

“Mom had me empty my two bottom drawers for you,” he said pointing to them.

“Thank you very much,” I said getting up and placing my clothes neatly into the empty drawers.

“Do you love Joe?” he asked from his spot on the bed. I looked up at him and smiled.

“Can you keep a secret?” he nodded with his own smile. “Yes I do, very much,” I said as I sat on the ground in front of him.

“So why don’t you two start dating? I know Joe loves you too,” he said with wide innocent eyes.

“I know that too, Frankie, but it doesn’t always get to happen that way. You see I need to focus on my schooling and having a boyfriend wouldn’t fit into that picture. I plan on being single for the next four years at least,” I said.

“What do you mean?”

“Well after I finish school this next year, I will begin my training program in one of the local hospital’s near the school, and I will be in that program for three years. After that I have to go through a vigorous program to get into the hospital that I want. You see I want to work with sick children, and many people that begin in this program do not always get to finish their training. And I have to make sure that I finish. It is everything for me,” I looked up at Frankie to see if he understood.

“So you have to focus on your career and then you will be free to love Joe, openly?” the kid really was smart.

“Yes, but it might not even happen then. People sometimes fall out of love after a while. And Joe may meet someone else in between now and then. It is not something I want to hold Joe away from.”

“So you wouldn’t be hurt if he started dating someone else?” he asked confused.

“I would be hurt a great deal, but I would support his choice and show him that I am a great friend,” I said honestly. Frankie smiled.

“You’re in deep,” he said. I just nodded. “Did Joe show you around yet?”

“No, would you like that honor?” Frankie nodded with a smile and we both stood up. He quickly grabbed my hand and began showing me the entire house. I was shocked to learn that the boys had their own basement studio, but was glad to see that they had a pool.

“We will be spending a lot of time in that pool, Frankie,” I said with a laugh.

“I agree,” he confirmed. We walked back into the house and Mrs. Jonas was in the kitchen.

“Can Frankie and I help you with dinner, Mrs. Jonas?” I asked kindly as we walked fully into the kitchen.

“Denise please – that would be great. Frankie you can grate the cheese. Billie will you kindly chop the onions, tomatoes, and lettuce?”

“Of course,” I said as Frankie and I started our tasks. We were both at the table talking and giggling.

“Well this looks fun,” Joe said as he entered the room. Frankie just nodded and I just focused on the chopping. By the time I was done the food was precise and perfect. I handed them to Denise and she smiled.

“Billie, this is some fine work,” she praised.

“Thanks, hands of a surgeon, or so my dad says,” I said.

“Well you will make a fine doctor,” she replied kindly.

“I hope so, I am already further then most of my other classmates. Oh I almost forgot, I am having my grades sent here, they should be here in a week,” I said.

“That’s fine dear.” After Frankie finished with the cheese everyone came in for a taco dinner.

“So Billie tell us a little about yourself,” Nick commented with a sly smile.

“Well my father is Dr. William Johnson,” Kevin and Nick’s faces dropped, “I am also majoring in medicine, even though I could go right into Medical Science. I already took many classes in high school. I was in a private prep school right before college where I graduated with a 5.0 and was Valedictorian,” they all looked at me funny, well except for Joe. He knew the story.

“I could have gone right to college when I was sixteen, since that was when I technically graduated high school. But my father and I both felt that a prep school would do me better. So I went there for two years, and after I finished I decided to start college. I am actually taking all honor classes in college, and am managing to take the maxim units allowed during college.” The whole table was speechless.

“She is always doing work, and stuff. You can always find her with a book in her hands,” Joe put in with a smile.

“I am also one of the few freshmen that have hands on training from my prep college, and my father. I can stitch anyone up, and I also can incubate people,” I added.

“So you really are a school freak,” Frankie said. Everyone laughed.

“I guess I am, but I don’t mind. I love learning, and enjoy college. I happen to be one of the few students that does not go out partying and drinking. I just don’t see the point.”

“Yeah, this girl is in class from dawn till late at night. I think I am asleep by the time she gets out,” Joe said with a smile.

“Usually, but we did have a few classes together. Mainly the general stuff, but I finished all that I needed last year, so this next year will focus all on my math and science that I need. If I pass this year then next year I will be allowed to enter the medical program early and be the only third year med student working in a hospital,” I said looking down at my plate. I didn’t really like talking about myself, or all that I had done.

“Wow, Joe I really like this girl. She’s driven,” Paul said with proud smile.

“Thank you sir, I am sure that it is from watching my father that made me want to try hard, and show that one really can do anything. I work hard and it shows,” I said proud of that fact. We all talked for a while before Denise and I began on the dishes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry that it has taken me forever to get my chapters out. Let's just say that things have gotten very crazy for me. In the last month, I have gone from having a place to live, to being homeless, to getting a new place, and did not have the internet for a while. So I really am sorry, and I hope that you will enjoy the couple chapters I plan on posting tonight.